Click Here!

What did I do now? ):

listless_panic

Staff does not have the ability to add/remove/hide single chapters.  If you are typing directly into upload story page, I strongly suggest you make a copy before attempting to post so that you do have a back up.  You can copy/paste to notepad just in case there’s a internet blip or some other weirdness that prevents your chapter from uploading.

I can assure you the story is not in our records for a current infraction. 

I’m going to reiterate what Pittwitch said above. You should copy the chapter to your Notepad or Wordpad or whatever quick text program you have prior to posting. If you’re working from a mobile device, there are free text programs available for Android and iOS which will emulate Microsoft Word and allow you to keep a backup of your chapter. You can also access Google Drive from an Android device, which would let you save your work and access it from any of your devices.

I’m also going to point out this bit of our Terms of Service:

You understand that while AFF makes every attempt to ensure no loss of data occurs, that AFF is not responsible if data is lost or corrupted. You agree that keeping a copy of your work is your personal responsibility.

It is fascinating, those who write directly into the little editor in the archives, rather than using another program and copy-n-paste it in.  I use Libreoffice (it’s free), simply because I don’t write it in one sitting and it takes time to write, and I always like to have copies on my hard drive, including some intermediary drafts.  AFF isn’t a backup service – though we’d all be thrilled if this happens to save your stories after a personal disaster (ie, fire, armageddon, angry ex).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.