Click Here!

pippychick - GoT - We're All Going to Die

pippychick

Chapter Twenty-seven

Ok… another evil cliffhanger, I know, but I already wrote most of the continuation. I had to split it up, because nothing will make me post 6K + chapters.

Anyway, now that’s done, I have a bit of housework to do, then hopefully, all being well, I can get around to some reading. I see there are some halloween stories flying around. :)

Chapter Twenty-eight

Ok, so the sex scene is going to run over three chapters. Pfftt… there are three characters. I think that’s fair enough. I’m not sure what my record is for writing smut over multiple chapters, but I’m pretty sure I haven’t broken it here. I’m sure Elrond has managed this many at one time or another, definitely with Thranduil and co. I mean there are three of them versus Elrond. He must have gone to three chapters before. Remember how demanding Thranduil gets from time to time? If it runs into a fourth chapter… well then just maybe I’ll look back and check on it.

Chapter Twenty-nine

So… I’m still not sure what I’ve done to the readers here at AFF. I’ve got to assume that 100+ hits between chapters (in a couple of days) isn’t just googlebot. *shrugs* At this point, I officially give up. :(

The story seems to be getting a good response on AO3, using my incognito identity. Even the later chapters. I don’t really get the difference. But it’s good. It means I’ll write it properly, rather than rush it to the end to get it out of me and then let it gather dust on my hard drive without ever letting it see the light of day. Because it was in danger of that for a while there. I was just so incredibly sad about it. I haven’t even had the whisper of an urge to write anything at all in so long, and then this was there, and the characters are so clear, and it feels good to write it. It sparkles, just like it should. And then… nothing.

I’m not sure why feedback is so important. I mean, am I really that insecure? If I enjoy writing it, and I enjoy it, isn’t that enough? It should be, and yet somehow it isn’t. Without an audience, it’s like playing an overture to an empty concert hall. Especially because parts of this plot are going to continue a theme I’ve touched on before.

And I’m going to stop right there, because being around here lately is just so bad for my confidence, and I can’t help it. *sighs*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...