Click Here!

pippychick - GoT - We're All Going to Die

pippychick

Ok… I have a strange short chapter ten with a kind of important (but quite sad Clegane/Tormund scene). I’ll see if I can read through it before I head on up to bed.

And I think I’m going to have to let it settle until the morning. The important bit is fine, it’s the rest that’s trouble. I’m off to bed! *yawns*

Edited by pippychick

Commencing read through of Chapter Twelve, which has really no plot at all and is basically just another 4000 words of gratuitous smut. Going to see if I can cut it down some.

After which I will begin archive work. I slept this aft, so I’ll probably be up late, despite work tomorrow.

Next chapter is partway done, but won’t be finished until tomorrow. But I do have a day off tomorrow, so it will be finished. Unfortunately, while it will be a very long chapter, there’ll be no adult content in it – sorry about that!

It’s set out in three parts. The first part, which is written, being the three of them helping Podrick out (in their own way, which is kind of innovative), the second part will feature Jon Snow, and the last part will be a flashback of what happened to Tormund after the wall came down.

The entire thing is written from Tormund’s point of view. So, obviously, when I say there’s no adult content in it, I mean, there are his thoughts… and he’s an adult, all right. He just won’t be getting the opportunity to act on any of them.

It’s a good job that characters never get to see their fanfic authors. Because soon all that will be standing between Tormund Giantsbane and Sandor Clegane, and what they want most in the entire world, which is a naked and sweating and luscious Brienne of Tarth…

Well, that would be me. With a pen. They do say it’s mightier than the sword. I get the impression I’d be deader than dungarees.

Fuck.

And in case anyone is still following this, and was wondering… no, I haven’t stopped them yet, and it’s nearly at fever pitch, and I have a fairly good idea, but… I just don’t know if it’s going to work at this late stage. I really don’t.

This could teach me a valuable lesson about, I don’t know, testosterone or something... :blink:

Though, if they think they’ll get away from their fate like this… nope. They’ll just deny Tyrion a chance to appear in the story, which would be rubbish because I’ve already written his dialogue. And theirs. I do hope they aren’t going to be spoilsports about this. Hmm..

:(

Things may slow down… one of the dogs is ill again :/

Currently waiting to take her to the vets. She wouldn’t eat this morning, and it sounds like something is having a great deal of fun with her insides, but since the dogs I keep are susceptible to bloat, I always err on the side of caution. But it’s this watching the clock hand go round now until the appointment time. *sighs*

So the dog is doing okay. She’s had an injection, and another one today. She’s finally started eating again, and is on a strict diet of chicken and rice. She’s happy. That’s more cooking than I can be bothered with for myself at the moment. Although, a week on monday she’s going under to have her teeth cleaned and any extractions done – a whole other can of worms. Greyhounds and their teeth. I’m sure it’s their racing diet. They get fed crap. And cocaine :(

As for the story, I might finally be getting to the end of shading in the Tyrion scene that I wrote the dialogue for some time ago. Having said that, I’m not altogether sure I’m happy with it, which is a bit of a bugger. I’ve more or less already got the next two or three smut chapters word perfect in my head, waiting to be written down.

So, it might be a while. Right now I’ve kept it in Clegane’s pov. If I decide to switch to Tyrion to see if it works out any better, I’ll have to rewrite the whole bloody thing from the beginning, and it’s a four thousand word chapter. So… *sighs*

If you’re reading this looking for updatds… sorry, folks. I just don’t know when.

Edited by pippychick

I can write, and I'm more glad about that than being better and out of hospital. Chapter 23 is calling to me. I may as well talk about it. I don't think anyone is following this story now, and so this is really self-indulgent, especially since this is the bit that – usually – is about manipulation of the readers' emotions. Without readers, it's a bit... sort of pointless *shrugs* Always, ultimately, it's them I want to get, via the characters. But, I really do love these characters. I mean, not enough to save them from their fate, obviously. But definitely enough to want to give them this good stuff first. All this that will make it that much more awful later on. It potentiates their despair. It's kind of beautiful.

It's an investment that will pay off. I'll still do it, because it feels too right not to, even if it doesn't work on anyone except me.

I can't say how much I wish I knew what I'd done to lose the few that did follow at first. What I did to lose you. Knowing that is as important as all the rest. To kind of steal and paraphrase from the genius of Michael Ende. You were with me at the beginning. You were with me when I changed the tone. You were with me when I went places that required some tagging... where did I lose you?

*sighs*

So early. I feel so incredibly clumsy. :( 

But I read through it, and I can't see the place, or the event, or the piece of dialogue. And I can't stop. This has to be told.