Click Here!

donations

Guest bumblebee

Guest bumblebee

Hello!

Sorry if this has been brought up before; I tried searching, but couldn’t find a definite answer.

I was wondering if authors on the archive are allowed to accept donations from readers.  Not commissions!  Not “Hey, give me money and I’ll write you something,” but simply donations.  If an author posts a link to a donation page in their story or on their profile or even here in the forums, is that ok?  I didn’t think it was advertising, since they’re not selling anything, but I wanted to check for sure.

Thank you for your time!

Because fan fiction involves copyrights held by people other than the authors here, we don’t allow the mention of donation sites, Patreons, GoFundMe pages, or any other form of monetary exchange here on the AFF archive or forums, whether in profiles, stories, or forum posts. While a donation page isn’t really selling anything, and might not directly represent pay for services, we find it’s best to be like Caesar’s wife and avoid even the remotest chance of impropriety. So, I’m sorry, the short answer is no.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.