Click Here!

Genres

CloverReef

6 minutes ago, mastershakeme said:

Lol shut up :P

Ya got any tips for world building? I'll probably keep it as close to normal as possible cuz I'm lazy... But I could be convinced to do it the hard way if it's worth it... 

What do you keep track of? 

The lion’s share is characters and organizations, including family trees and membership rosters.  (Each character has things like birthdays, deaths, religions, parents, occupations, notes, etc….)  Obviously, MCs will have more details in their notes than, say, a great grand parent.  For more noteworthy events, I’ve got those, and some place names too. 

I try to keep it simple.  Each character/org/etc gets an XML file, describing that character, including parents, organizations they belong too.  Then I run my (custom) tool that creates a folder full of HTML files, generating the family trees, rosters, etc from those character/org XML files.  My current tally is 2186 characters and 305 organizations in this database – this is collective across my entire work in the SR universe. 

I’ve been trying to expand into 3D modelling using blender/unreal with limited success.

I wish it just depended on the plot for me, @SirGeneralSir. I admire that. For me, though, I can be super inspired for a plot in a genre I’m not comfortable in, and everything I write will feel not-good-enough so it turns into a chore to write out. 

@Melrick I looove writing erotica. It’s funny, because I used to hate it, but now I love writing sex scenes. In my most recent stories, the sex scenes were the easy parts to make fun and interesting and the other stuff was tough lol. I have been trying to step away from erotica though because I was hoping to write something that I could show my friends and family, but that’s just not as fun, lol. 

I can only speak for myself, that if the story, plot etc are not engaging enough, I will walk away from it and not think twice because I got board.

You can have some of the most intense sex in the top 10 stories, but if I dont care about the characters, why its so important that they have the sex, its just another Tuesday to me, its nothing special.

BUT if they were both long time in love, did everything to keep away from each other only to be constantly drawn back until they admit their feelings that leads to the sex, I will probably stay and read more.

but thats just me.

4 hours ago, SirGeneralSir said:

I can only speak for myself, that if the story, plot etc are not engaging enough, I will walk away from it and not think twice because I got board.

You can have some of the most intense sex in the top 10 stories, but if I dont care about the characters, why its so important that they have the sex, its just another Tuesday to me, its nothing special.

BUT if they were both long time in love, did everything to keep away from each other only to be constantly drawn back until they admit their feelings that leads to the sex, I will probably stay and read more.

but thats just me.

I’ve tried writing PWP, but then a plot formed, and, well, I’ve got my series of stories still chewing on those!

15 hours ago, SirGeneralSir said:

but thats just me.

I 100% agree. It’s the same for me. That the characters have to be fully formed and engaging, both in things I read, and in things I write. If the characters aren’t engaging and fully realized in my head, the sex scenes wouldn’t be such fun to write.