Click Here!

Cannot Submit a New Story

Guest Mavynn

Guest Mavynn

I have tried repeatedly to submit a new story but no matter how many times I check to make sure everything is thoroughly filled out I keep getting redirected back to the same page to fill out story details over and over. I swear I was smarter than this at one time. I have tried in Chrome, in Firefox. Please do not tell me I have to use Internet Explorer.

It sounds like there is a cookie gone rogue. Try clearing your cache and browsing history, closing your browser entirely, and then restarting it. Log into AFF and see if that’s done the trick.

And I promise, we will NEVER recommend anyone subject themselves to Internet Explorer. ::shudders::

3 minutes ago, GeorgeGlass said:

When cookies go rogue, toss them.

What do you mean, that’s not helpful? :)

Alternatively, dip them in a good dollop of whipped cream, and to the hells with the diet! :lol:

Guest Mavynn

Tried that just now, no go. I thought maybe I was messing up the Captcha, but I posted here just fine

Tossing my cookies is only productive after a long night of CoD and beer. And only if I intend to keep drinking. Otherwise it’s just wasteful and wrong.

I’m actually showing you as logged in as of 2017-06-11 at 18:40:41, so the archive sees you. 

Generally this is a cookie issue, but if you’ve cleared the cache and browsing history, that should do it. Perhaps try deleting any AFF cookies specifically? That way you don’t delete other site cookies you might want to keep, and the AFF cookies can reset properly. You will need to completely close the browser and then restart it for the changes to take effect, of course, but that has worked for me with Chrome when it acts up.

Where there's a whip there's a way. I found if I got it started on my phone I could edit on my computer. My computer has a mind of its own and will not be swayed by your logic madam no matter how sensible you think it is.

Thank you for the help and for once again getting George Glass stuck in my head, because I didn't have enough 70s trivia taking up space. I hope you have not displaced anything important. Blue still tastes spicy right?

The important thing to remember when clearing cookies, is the browser must be closed and then restarted for that change to truly take effect.  If you’re using a browser that gets a bit testy from time to time, like Firefox, CTRL+F5 AFTER you’ve cleared your cookies and closed/restarted the browser will force a refresh, and make sure the browser sees what you did.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.