Click Here!

Review responses for "Miss Match" (Miraculous)

GeorgeGlass

If you don’t mind me asking, what did you like about the story?

To answer your question, I made “Miss Match” a one-shot because I wanted it to follow the formula of a typical episode of the show. That meant, among other things, making it a self-contained story.

That said, I do have an idea for a sequel story. 

I do not mind in the least. Fair is fair after all. Since we talked about your concept for Miss Matched I must admit I've been getting more into the series and fanfiction. I stand by what I said the first time though. While the story is good the writing is just too childish. That's why I've been sticking to reading for the most part. I particularly like the stories that, like yours, focus on more mature elements befitting highschool students.

What did you have in mind?

The basic idea is that although Marinette and Adrien don’t remember what happened, they are still affected by it on a subconscious level. Tikki and Plagg, who do remember what happened (and who, we discover, don’t like each other very much), have to get together to find a way for the two teenagers to resolve their issues before Marinette’s infatuation with Adrien and Cat Noir’s with Ladybug evolve into dangerous obsession.

Interesting side note: Although the Marinette and Adrien are described as being in 10th grade in the English-language dub of the show, “college” (how do I type an accent mark in this thing?) in France is actually more like middle school, where most students are 11-15 years old. (Thanks, Wikipedia!) So I think of the characters as being about 15.

You know, that explains a lot, especially in some of the stories I've read. Ah France, we must not forget that you and we are different in our ways. In any case, the idea is solid, I'm just not sure it fits Adrien and Marinette. As head over heels for each other as they are, neither really seems the obsessive sort. I do love the Tikki and Plagg not liking each other idea. Gives reason to most of their reactions, especially why neither ever tells their human who their amatus really is.

6 hours ago, G3ae said:

In any case, the idea is solid, I'm just not sure it fits Adrien and Marinette. As head over heels for each other as they are, neither really seems the obsessive sort.

That's the idea; it's such aberrant behavior that it makes Tikki and Plagg realize that something is wrong.

I do love the Tikki and Plagg not liking each other idea. 

They're such complete opposites in personality and they way they interact with their humans, it seems likely that they wouldn't get along.

From fiona_kitsune on May 18, 2017

I have been reading your stories for some time and im always impressed how well you translate the characters into your work.

Thank you! Being faithful to the characters is always a top priority for me.

I can imagine this almost as an episode from the reaction of the charaters in the situation and how you have their lines in the story.

I tried to make this story as much like an episode of the show as I could (partly by including all of the typical elements: an akumatized villain, the use of the heroes’ powers like Cataclysm and Lucky Charm, etc). I think that helped me make the dialogue sound genuine, because the characters were in a kind of situation that they often encounter on the show (albeit with an erotic twist). For example, it was easy to think of what Cat Noir might say to taunt the villain, because taunting villains is kind of his thing.

I dont know if im explaining well enough it just seems like you capture the characters as they are in the show and that is lacking in alot of fanfiction.

I only write fanfic about shows with which I'm very familiar, because I’m kind of compulsive about getting the characters right. And because speaking in their voices is part of what makes writing fanfic so much fun.

Thanks for the review!

Lovely story! I have been reading your stories for quite some time, and while I don’t dig all of them – especially with the, shall we say, risque elements, like incest – I always admired you how well can you write an adult story in the cartoon universe. And this one works as well, as the others. The villains in ML act like -inators in PnF, they are all-purpose plot devices, which you use brilliantly to spice things up. 

And since I have the chance to speak to you, are you planning on writing any fics about Milo Murphy’s Law, the new show from the creators of PnF? 

10 hours ago, nautiscarader said:

Lovely story! I have been reading your stories for quite some time, and while I don’t dig all of them – especially with the, shall we say, risque elements, like incest – I always admired you how well can you write an adult story in the cartoon universe. And this one works as well, as the others. The villains in ML act like -inators in PnF, they are all-purpose plot devices, which you use brilliantly to spice things up.

Thank you! And thanks for your review in the archive, too.

Yes, the way that magic works in the Miraculous universe gives pervy fanfic writers like myself a lot of room to twist things up without violating the basic premises of the show.

And since I have the chance to speak to you, are you planning on writing any fics about Milo Murphy’s Law, the new show from the creators of PnF? 

I would very much like to write a Milo Murphy’s Law fic. I’m just waiting for the right idea to come to me.

An addendum to my reply to Nautiscaraider's comments: One of the chief reasons why I haven't taken a crack at writing a Milo Murphy's Law fic is that MML doesn't have a handy plot-driving (or smut-driving, if I'm honest) mechanism like Phineas and Ferb, Miraculous, or The Loud House have. I'm not sure how to make anything sexy come out of Milo's disaster-magnetism. Plus, the kids on MML actually act like kids; they show little of the precocity that characterizes a lot of the young characters on the other shows, which makes it more difficult to believably portray them doing anything sexual. I might have an idea for a short, non-lemony MML story, though.

24 minutes ago, GeorgeGlass said:

An addendum to my reply to Nautiscaraider's comments: One of the chief reasons why I haven't taken a crack at writing a Milo Murphy's Law fic is that MML doesn't have a handy plot-driving (or smut-driving, if I'm honest) mechanism like Phineas and Ferb, Miraculous, or The Loud House have. I'm not sure how to make anything sexy come out of Milo's disaster-magnetism. Plus, the kids on MML actually act like kids; they show little of the precocity that characterizes a lot of the young characters on the other shows, which makes it more difficult to believably portray them doing anything sexual. I might have an idea for a short, non-lemony MML story, though.

You could have some accident strip clothes off of characters or there's the "heroic rescue" plot line. I know, not the most original ideas in the world, but still they work. 

14 hours ago, G3ae said:

You could have some accident strip clothes off of characters or there's the "heroic rescue" plot line. I know, not the most original ideas in the world, but still they work. 

The trouble is, the characters are still going to act like themselves in those situations. If Zach or Melissa lose their clothes, they’re just going to hide behind the nearest curtain, trash can, or pistachio cart until somebody gives them something to wear—probably Milo, who will have a spare change of clothes, rain poncho, and/or radiation suit in his backpack.

As for heroic rescue, are you talking about the “You saved me, how about some thank-you sex?” scenario? If so, same basic problem: I can’t really see these characters getting it on without some really far-out reason.

Now there’s always the “strange foreign substance that makes you horny and/or uninhibited” device, which could easily come about if Milo’s bad luck causes the wrong two trucks full of chemicals to crash. But I feel like I’ve kind of been there and done that with “Whoops” and “Hot Yoga.”

One thought occurs, though: The one other potential source of plot devices on MML besides Murphy’s Law itself is all the time travel that goes on. I will think on this.

On 25.05.2017 at 2:57 PM, GeorgeGlass said:

You can always age them up, that could work.

I don’t generally like to age up characters. I feel like, if I wanted to write fanfic about of-age characters, then I would pick some who are already of age in canon. (Come to think of it, Milo’s mom is awfully hot...)

That said, there could be some interesting time-travel stuff with the young characters’ future selves. More food for thought.

From Jomahawk2694 on May 20, 2017

First, my apologies for the lateness of this reply. I did write a response, but somehow either I never posted it or I deleted it by accident.

In any case, onward!

From Jomahawk2694 on May 20, 2017

So this Miraculous story was, well, miraculous!  I have to agree with you, after watching a few episodes to get the gist of the show, that Ladybug has one of the best rumps in TV.  She would have some very stiff (and perky and soft) competition if you compared her to some lovely ladies from CGI movies and video games, however ;-)

Okay, I clearly need to watch more of that sort of thing. :)

Anyway, the setup was great, it felt like something that actually could happen on the show (which I know is exactly your line of thought when writing this kind of stuff, so good job on keeping true to yourself )

You know me so well. :) Given that this was my first Miraculous story, I wanted to stick to the show's formula as much as possible, because that's part of the challenge and the fun. Plus, having a structure to work with gives me direction in writing the plot.

I also loved the effect Miss Match had on the other kids she used her powers on, especially Chloe. How many times do you think everyone wanted to tell her to go fuck herself?

Good one!

The fight felt realistic, as did Lady and her bottle of lube XD

The formula for fights on that show seems to involve lots of leaping around and very little actual violence, so I went with that. :)

About the only thing I think would have made it better was Miss Match herself getting some satisfaction as Lady and Cat started to get it on.  It was obvious that seeing people with the "correct" partner was a borderline fetish for her, so seeing her "crown jewel" of Lady and Cat come together should have at least meant some self love in that skimpy little number. Maybe the next story you write for this universe, the sexy bad girl gets some loving too, what do you think? Lol

You make a good point. I couldn't really think of what to do with Miss Match after she bound the two heroes together, so I just had her standing there watching. Your idea might be better. :)

Keep up the great work!

I'll do my best. Thanks for another motivational review!

P.S. I think I’ve just figured out what the problem was with my original reply: The forum software won’t let me post a message that has a “thumbs up” icon in it. I probably didn’t notice the error message when I first tried to post and then logged out without confirming that the reply had posted.

Edited by GeorgeGlass

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.