Click Here!

Why professional wrestling is on the celebrity section?

Aged

I knew the line between fiction and reality is complicated on professional wrestling, but as far I’m concerned the storylines are fabricated. Some storylines may be based on real-life incidents(like a wrestler accidentally injuring another and then that is used to make him gain more heat or “badass” status) and then there’s the whole Montreal Screwjob incident, and of course there’s wrestlers that use their real names instead of a nickname, but the storylines, are improvised as they are, exist.

I’m saying this because I published a fanfic about Paul Heyman that was based on an entirely in-story promo he made back in 2013, but it was deleted and I was told it was misplaced, that shocked me considering how outrageously hammy that thing is.

I just don’t understand.

It was deleted because it was placed in the wrong subdomain, and as we warn in our Content Guidelines, which are a part of our Terms of Service, we delete stories placed in the wrong subdomain. You posted your story in the Television subdomain, and it belongs in the Celebrity subdomain, which has a subcategory for WWF/WWE. You were also sent an email about the story deletion, telling you where it more properly belongs. If you didn’t see it, check your Spam or Junk folder, and then add us to your contact list to avoid future issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I realise this is an old thing but I don’t get around here too much now… anyhoo just wanted to say I always figured there ought to be a section under real people for wrasslin and a section under TV with the difference being for stories based on storylines and personas and the one under celeb just being for stories based the the folks portraying them. It’s like… years ago I did a story based on the storyline version of the late Balls Mahoney from ECW/WWE, but if I’d posted here it would’ve been a celeb story. That never made no sense to me because I didn’t know anything ‘bout Jonathan Rechner who played the character. Pro-wrasslin/sports entertainment isn’t any different to any other soap opera. Expect there’s probably more unexpected pregnancy storylines in the wrasslin. Ahh well. Some folks like the performers, some folks like the characters. Me? It was always the characters.

27 minutes ago, JayDee said:

I realise this is an old thing but I don’t get around here too much now… anyhoo just wanted to say I always figured there ought to be a section under real people for wrasslin and a section under TV with the difference being for stories based on storylines and personas and the one under celeb just being for stories based the the folks portraying them. It’s like… years ago I did a story based on the storyline version of the late Balls Mahoney from ECW/WWE, but if I’d posted here it would’ve been a celeb story. That never made no sense to me because I didn’t know anything ‘bout Jonathan Rechner who played the character. Pro-wrasslin/sports entertainment isn’t any different to any other soap opera. Expect there’s probably more unexpected pregnancy storylines in the wrasslin. Ahh well. Some folks like the performers, some folks like the characters. Me? It was always the characters.

::nods:: It’s an old issue, agreed. Personally, I’ve never liked the whole Celebrity subdomain at all, since it just bothers me to think family and friends of these people might come across some of the stuff in our archive. Given that no other subdomain has made me cry from the sheer dreadful nature of the content, I might be a tad biased, since only Celebrity has squicked me that badly. But I do think it’s a peculiar form of adoration to picture celebrities one supposedly admires in the situations in which they find themselves in the morass of that subdomain. Just sayin’...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.