Click Here!

Acantha's Despair Continuation

jebusno2

10 hours ago, jebusno2 said:

Can anyone try to do a continuation of Acantha's Despair by Scyggy on mediaminer. It is the only fic like it a can find and the author seems to have abandoned it. Or i not a continuation a new one with the same idea?

Let me just make it very clear we do NOT allow unauthorized continuations, adoptions, or taking over of anyone else’s story here on AFF. We respect the author’s right to decide whether or not a story is finished, and if the author chooses to offer it up for adoption, we have procedures for that. If anyone decides to test us on that position, I recommend a quick look at our Hall of Shame to see how we feel about plagiarism, which is exactly what it is when you take over someone’s work without their express consent and permission, delivered to us by them from their email account in advance of any posting here.

I should add we also take an exceedingly dim view of the wholesale pillaging of what are unique story elements. so unique as to be easily identifiable as the work of another person. In the case of the story referenced here, I believe the elements of the game are unique, although the trope of being caught in a game is not. If anyone decides to write something with the same idea, as is stated above, it should not contain the same game elements, settings, and challenges as the original story. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.