Click Here!

Old Member in Log-In Hell Please Help

Guest Sleep Somehow

Guest Sleep Somehow

I am an older member returning to the site or at least trying to.  So far logging in has been… tricky… due to forgotten passwords and emails (totally my own fault).  After finding the right email, the password reset isn’t working (cleared caches and all).  To make matters worse I accidentally made another account with the email while trying to log in.  
Email: sleepsomehow@gmail.com
Member: Sleep Somehow (and, unfortunately, now Sleep_Somehow as well)

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated!

I’m only showing one account associated with that email address:   http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296981186

Your older account, http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296834681, uses a different email address, which would be why you’re having an issue resetting the password. Our system sends the reset to the email address we have in the database, which is currently a yahoo address.

If you are able to log into the older account, we can simply have the new account deleted for you. If you no longer can access the older email address, our tech admin can change the email address on the older account as well as removing the accidental new account.

Guest Sleep Somehow

Thank you for the quick response!  I would like to change the email address on the older account (to SleepSomehow@gmail.com) as well as removing the accidental new account.  That would be perfect!  Can’t wait to get back to writing!

I’ve posted that up for you, and either our tech dmin or I will let you know when it’s been done. She needs to make the actual database changes, and her work schedule’s been insanely busy lately, so bear with us. :)

And our amazing manta updated the database for us, so you now should be able to access your original account using the new email.

Now comes the fun part… given all the changes we’ve had to the archive code, you need to take a look at this FAQ and follow the steps as DG’s laid them out. The log-in is now in the menu bar, and not the upper right hand corner, but the rest should work nicely. Of course, if you have any problems, let us know, and we’ll be happy to help you resolve them. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.