Click Here!

never used eyes

SirGeneralSir

so i have some people that were cloned, they were just released from the “vat”

how well would their eyes work in terms of “normal” people and them selves just using their eyes for the first time though being fully grown at age 16 – 19 body they are in, but probably only being like 3 days old or something.

I think what you’re more asking is how they would interpret what they’re seeing, the cognitive aspect. Their eyes will function as well as any infant’s eyes, with focus sharpening rapidly. However, like an infant, they will have no frame of reference for what they’re seeing, if that makes sense.

yeah that sounds like a better question.

now what if the mind of the clone, was fully up to date with the age of the person cloned?

your cloned and your age … 25, the clone is aged to 25 and has the same mind from point A but you are point B because its not a constant …… memory update?

would the mind fill in the blanks etc or would they eyes still be that of an infant, and would they be clouded the first time they are opened? that vision isnt clear but iffy 

My theory is the eyes would be cloudy at first, but would rapidly adjust and be capable of focus. If the mind retained all the knowledge of the original person, then there would be a frame of reference for what the clone was seeing, and they would be able to recognize things as they became clearer. Since this is all theory anyway, you could elect to have the vision clear as fast or as slow as your plot demands.

humm well the mind would be informed, but the eyes would not be used, i am basing this thought process off the first matrix movie in regards to Neo’s muscles.

I would think that the eyes would need some time, a day or 2 with soft light or what have you to tune themselves for actual use.

maybe? 

another thought, the body would also be weak too right? having never actually worked out, they would have the strength of an infant more or less, would they be able to get up out of bed and walk etc?

or are they screwed? 

at the moment im using comatose people as an example for that 

I had back surgery in 1988 and was totally bed bound for 2 weeks.  When I was finally allowed out of bed, I couldn’t walk on my own.  I needed a walker and a nurse to help, because my leg muscles had weakened due to inactivity.  So if they’ve never been used then, realistically, there’s no way they’d be even getting out of bed let alone walking.  Unless you can find a way to get around that somehow.

Since cloning of humans is still not a done thing, you have leeway to play a bit. You could invent a way to use electrical stimulation of muscle groups to assist in the proper development of the adult clone. Since you’ve already said the clone will possess full awareness from the original, they will have the experience of walking in their brain already, and should have the proper neural pathways established. So, it becomes a question of readying the muscles. Perhaps there’d be some initial unsteadiness, but the memories are there, and if the muscles are not atrophied, and have been kept limber and healthy, it should pass as quickly as a couple of days.

• 5 years later...
8 hours ago, Desiderius Price said:

Cloning?  Vats?  Can we raise ‘em brainless so I can do a transplant?  I’d love a younger self.   :w00t:

This premise also begs the question about consent, of age, etc.  What date do clones list as their birth dates?  What age are they for legal purposes?

I would say in context the same age they were developed to, because the mind still has the memories of the past XYZ years, because the same could be said for a body transfer into a robot/android. that body was only made 5 min ago, so by standards you are only 5 min old. would you accept being told that you are only seen as being 5 min old and that you must now be treated as an infant? not likely.

well, there might be someone out there >_>

28 minutes ago, SirGeneralSir said:

I would say in context the same age they were developed to, because the mind still has the memories of the past XYZ years, because the same could be said for a body transfer into a robot/android. that body was only made 5 min ago, so by standards you are only 5 min old. would you accept being told that you are only seen as being 5 min old and that you must now be treated as an infant? not likely.

well, there might be someone out there >_>

Well, assuming we take age based on development time as their legal age… (especially if there’s a mind/brain transplant).   What if somebody develops to say, six years of age, goes out and murders an old score?  (also making sure to take out any cloning vats of them to destroy all DNA to avoid resurrection).  Or stops it at ten so they can go and infiltrate the local middle school for dates?  On the flip side, prison sentences can get really long if we clone & regenerate the prisoners.