Click Here!

Snake_King's Story Discussion Thread

Snake_King

1 minute ago, Strange_idea said:

hmmm…… that could be interesting. Plutonian’s connection to quirks would be fascinating…. or his parent’s calmly sitting deku down and apologising for what’s happened and asking him to help.

His being purely psionic could interact REALLY interesting with certain quirks

have you read worm? because there’s some elements that could be considered similar.

Actually, Mine was him being reborn into the world of MHA. I’ll tell you about it in a minute.

oh, and may i ask your thoughts on ‘m of steel women of kleenex”?

got to pay the thread it’s due

While I do believe it has it’s weight, it can’t apply to people like superman who has absurd control over their powers.

4 minutes ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

While I do believe it has it’s weight, it can’t apply to people like superman who has absurd control over their powers.

Oh no doubt, but it gets played for cheap mellodrama to often and the recipients never seem to do try anything about it.

Or it’s used as a bizzare reason to give up everything

4 minutes ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

Actually, Mine was him being reborn into the world of MHA. I’ll tell you about it in a minute.

please do. though i refuse to accept his being the reason for clark. that was a misstep. I see it as other way around, even in-universe. clark’s rippled the multiverse enough.

although, fun fact, one of the prototypes for superman was a parody of the idea of the ‘ubermench’ philosophy. a bald, amoral insane idiot gets godly powers and takes the world.

but that wasn’t enough, so later they decided to improve on the concept, making their own version with a bit more humanity.

and later, they made lex luthor, a self-stlyed ubermench. forever one step behind his foe, even when he obtains the powers of a god.

These things go in circles you know

My Irredeemable x MHA story takes place when Plutonian’s “parents” leave him in the end of time. Before they leave, leaving Plutonian to his fate, another being calling himself the “Red Man” comes and makes a wager with the giant alien beings. Have Plutonian be reborn in a new world where nearly everyone has superpowers and see if the irredeemable can be redeemed in his new life. They agree and Plutonian is then reduced to his previous state as a a psionic, hyper advanced probe. The Red Man then sends the probe down to Japan near a mother who just used her powers to kill the man that killed her family. Stricken with large amounts of grief over her dead husband child, these emotions overload the Probe like before and the probe then turns into a fully fleshed out human baby. The mother takes the baby as her own son and names him Tobi. This is the start of the Plutonian’s new life.

But the Red Man wasn’t done, going back to the Earth of Irredeemable, he finds Modeus, tells him about what’s going on, and offers him to join Plutonian in the new world. Modeus hastily says yes, but Red Man never told him where Plutonian is, only that he’s been reborn. So it’s up to Modeus to find out where and who is Plutonian Red does give him a new body and a small laboratory to work with. And so, Modeus becomes MHA’s newest and most dangerous villain anyone has ever seen. On his quest to find the Plutonian, he tears up entire governments, kills and tortures heroes from nearly every country. and burned his legacy across the world, all in the span of two months. Modeus became the greatest villain known to mankind. And he doesn’t even have any powers (Their aware of)

Sooner or later, the governments of the world try to figure out a solution to Modeus, and a new super-team comprised of incredibly powerful heroes from across the globe called the Paradigm come into play. They are successful in stopping Modues’ latest schemes. However Japan, never being attacked by Modeus, tells the team to never come here because they don’t need them, they have “The World’s #1 Hero” on their side. A week later, Modeus releases every criminal scum onto the street, cover highly populated areas in white phosphorous, and temporarily takes the powers of all of the most well known heroes, leaving the populous defenseless. Even All Might is helpless to stop them. When their powers finally do come back, All Might leads the heroes into a charge to finally stop the madness. But Modeus has one final trick up his sleeve. One final Phosphorous bomb on his own neighbor hood blows up and All might is helpless to stop as he’s watching people burning and dying around him. It ends with the mother of Tobi, on her knees still clutching her baby boy who’s sleeping soundly, perfectly healthy and blissfully unaware of what’s going on. She sees All Might and with her final breaths, begs the hero to save her son. her “Star Child” before becoming still. Modeus laughs maniacly in the background, taunting all might, but he is already aware of Tobi’s true origins. His quest is complete and he allows himself to be captured only to blow up the armored car. It’s then revealed that the Modeus that was captured was just an android and the real Modeus is still out their.

Years pass and Modeus, now being adopted and raised by Toshinori, lives a happy life with his father. He has blonde hair and blue eyes, so many people already believe them to be related. He makes friends with Izuku, protecting him from Bakugo. The strangest thing is that even though he has overwhelming power, doctors can’t seem to find his quirk due to no extra toe bone. Tobi believes he has the same quirk as his father, but he can build up the power with seemingly no limits. However, he starts to get his old powers back after having nightmares of a beast killing innocent people (which is just him reliving the memories of his past life). The first time this happens, he flies into Toshinori’s arms crying. And Toshi replies “Your flying” not believing his son gaining new powers. This happens on a yearly basis until he gains all of his powers back. He still believes this is just his father’s quirk so he doesn’t have the invincible hair like his past self did. Some time later in his childhood, he meets Tsuyu and scares away some bullies picking on her. When asked why do this, his reply is “Because frogs are cute!” (Yeah this is a Plutonian/Froppy fic, I like Froppy, sue me.)

When they are teens things go as expected. Tobi is popular due to being so powerful and his smarts, Izuku is his best friend/brother, and Bakugo is his self-appointed “rival”. Him and Froppy still hang out with Izuku also being their (But he’s well aware he’s the third wheel). When the sludge villain comes in, Izuku saves Bakugo as per canon, but Tobi gets the two of them out of there. He then takes out the villain with a single clap, getting praised for his abilities. When Izuku gets berated for him recklessly going in their. Tobi stops them and calls out they they couldn’t do anything before flying off at super sonic speeds. When he talks with All Might again, Tobi then reveals him to be his son, astounding Izuku to the point he faints. A few days later, a robot attacks that can seemingly adapt to any quirk thrown at it. All Might struggles against the robot until Tobi comes to save him. During the battle, All Might gets wounded and Tobi Calls out “Dad!” loud enough so others can hear him. When the robot is defeated. The public now knows Tobi and All Might are father and son, something they wanted to keep secret until he started attending UA.

hmmmm, if i had a complaint it’s that you are undoing a lot of character devlopment for Moedus.

Also, is deku going to be all-might powerful or unpowered? are you going to examine the dynamic between powered ad unpowered sibling? if so, i can recomend super sons. I can recommend it anyway

this seems interesting, though it starts a bit bleak, which is odd considering it starts with a bet about redemption. just saying that could be off-putting.

and have you read worm?

hmmmm, if i had a complaint it’s that you are undoing a lot of character devlopment for Moedus.

How so? Modeus was so fucked up, a telepath reading his mind committed suicide.

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Also, is deku going to be all-might powerful or unpowered? are you going to examine the dynamic between powered ad unpowered sibling? if so, i can recomend super sons. I can recommend it anyway

He’s going to be struggling to handle All Might’s power as per cannon, but can handle it more due to training recommended by Tobi.

3 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

this seems interesting, though it starts a bit bleak, which is odd considering it starts with a bet about redemption. just saying that could be off-putting.

Well, Irredeemable is a bleak story, so much so that it’s almost funny. But, we have to start somewhere. Plus it was the best start I could think of. You have something better in mind?

4 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

and have you read worm?

Nope.

You know what? i was thinking of max damage. sorry.

Don;t have anything in mind, it’s just you seemed to be taking it in a different direction with the inclusion of hero academia and the framing device.

Do read worm if you get the chance. it’s an interesting story set in a world were superpowers come from breaking-point trauma. this has exactly the effect you think it should on people. A girl with powers puts up with the bullies who gave them to her through the knowledge that soon she will be a superhero. on her first day out she saves a bunch of kids from the local super-mafia boss and they ask her to joining their super-VILLAIN team. any more would be spoilers, but it’s funny, interesting and if you liked irredeemable you’ll probably like it.

One problem that I have with the “Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex” argument is how it’s used to justify pairing Superman up with Wonder Woman.  Let me explain.

You see, a lot of people like to define superheroes by their powers.  Superman, in particular, is mocked for being nothing but a flying brick (among the strongest ever, but still...).  Wonder Woman, whom many people don’t actually know her powers outside of super strength, assume that she’s the world’s strongest woman.  Hence, world’s strongest man and world’s strongest woman.

While they may have some qualities that might make them romantically-inclined, on the whole, I find the idea of the relationship to be boring.  As stated above, it’s just two strong people and maybe one argument between them (Wondy is more willing to kill than Supes).  So, really, the relationship has no appeal to me, and yet I see a lot of fics and even some official stuff that likes to pair the two together simply because of their strength.

Personally, I rather liked the ship-teasing we got from the Justice League cartoon where we got hints of a possible relationship between Batman and Wonder Woman.

yeah, eugenics shipping is just annoying and DC already has a character that exists partially to be proven wrong about exactly that, queen of hearts is think.

then they went and made it canon. thankfully they changed that.

I don;t mind emotional connection and common ground between them, but woman of kleenex is stupid as the entire basis of a relationship when the character is supposed to be about trying to be human.

and yes, as with almost everything, DCAU did it best

although wondy is NOT more willing to kill. or at least not supposed to be. she’s supposed to be compassion, and once told ares that she loved him under the influence of the lasso of truth because she genuinely loves EVERYONE that much. she’s the one who has no enemies because she makes them into friends. she does, however, suffer a lot from inconsistent writing. not hawkman-grade though, thank goodness. people see her as the warrior, and forget the rest of her history.

Not sure about the Queen of Hearts, as I tried looking that up and I didn’t find anything about eugenics shipping in regard to her.

Yes, thank God they changed that.

Indeed, it was a stupid argument to base having the characters get together.

Glad we agree on the DCAU.  As for Wondy and her amped up bloodlust, they have played up the warrior woman aspect a bit much in the last few years.  Thankfully, they seem to be playing that down a bit.

6 hours ago, Strange_idea said:

Do read worm if you get the chance. it’s an interesting story set in a world were superpowers come from breaking-point trauma. this has exactly the effect you think it should on people. A girl with powers puts up with the bullies who gave them to her through the knowledge that soon she will be a superhero. on her first day out she saves a bunch of kids from the local super-mafia boss and they ask her to joining their super-VILLAIN team. any more would be spoilers, but it’s funny, interesting and if you liked irredeemable you’ll probably like it.

Is it a novel or a Manga?

10 hours ago, Snake_King said:

Not sure about the Queen of Hearts, as I tried looking that up and I didn’t find anything about eugenics shipping in regard to her.

Doh, i meant queen of fables. I just call the ‘strong with strong’ shipping eugenics because of subtext. she, however, calls the unpowered ‘peasants’ and doesn;t understand wy ‘prince charming’ (clark)  doesn’t want ‘snow white’ (diana)

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Doh, i meant queen of fables. I just call the ‘strong with strong’ shipping eugenics because of subtext. she, however, calls the unpowered ‘peasants’ and doesn;t understand wy ‘prince charming’ (clark)  doesn’t want ‘snow white’ (diana)

Oh, I see.  Sorry, I haven’t read Fables, though I’ve heard of it.

True, as can poorly-handled ones. 

Take the New 52, for example.  There was no single cause to the New 52’s demise, but there was one thing that they could’ve done that would’ve saved it, one thing that, if they had done it, would’ve guaranteed the new readers that DC was trying to get.  That one thing?  Commit.  They did not fully commit to the idea of the New 52 as a fresh start.

I blame dan didio, mister ‘heroes must suffer and there is no character fulfilment or less than miserable outcome i cannot retcon’

to paraphrase ‘bruce has a problem’ and another source i forget, they don;t have rouges galleries or heros, they have different flavours of vitor zsasz and batman

Indeed, Didio has a questionable grasp on what makes the characters good, same as Joe Quesada over at Marvel.

However, there is one creative decision Didio made that I could kind of see where he was coming from on.  Namely, the decision to remove Barbara Gordan’s paralysis.  He didn’t erase it from existence.  Instead, he had it so that she got the use of her legs back through one of the various magic/super-scientific methods that are spread throughout the DC Universe.  Namely, Didio said that with all of those remedies available in the DC Universe, it didn’t really make sense for her to stay as a paraplegic.

which i have to disagree with. barbara had said she didn’t want a cure that couldn’t be introduced to the world at large. nothing for only her, something for everyone because she didn’t hold herself to be higher than them.

And that made sense to me, particularly with the work she does to help as many people as possible.

I suspect that didio just did not understand that decision…. or didn’t look into it

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.