Click Here!

Snake_King's Story Discussion Thread

Snake_King

Guest Guest, maybe writer

well that’s true, but i want some difference bewtween them for growth, desiree and paulina are… tricky for growth, though doable.

I think i will go that way, though. they would make good pairs.

2 hours ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

Depends, do you know about Overlord?

1 hour ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

The anime, not the game.

I’ve heard a lot about it, but haven’t seen the anime itself, so I only have the general idea of it.  What’s your idea?

25 minutes ago, Snake_King said:

I’ve heard a lot about it, but haven’t seen the anime itself, so I only have the general idea of it.  What’s your idea?

First, go see the anime, its pretty great.

Second, that’s my problem. I don’t know how to freaking write for it! I had some ideas but they all fell through. 

2 minutes ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

First, go see the anime, its pretty great.

Second, that’s my problem. I don’t know how to freaking write for it! I had some ideas but they all fell through. 

First, I will eventually.

Second, well, do you have a general idea of what you want to do?  Part of what this thread is for is discussing ideas to make them work better.

Well, One of my ideas was to just have Momonga lose his inhibitions.

When the servers shut down, instead of just being stuck, he finds himself face to face in a room with a mysterious figure saying that he’s been killed by some home invaders at the moment of the game’s shutdown. And now he has the option of doing a New Game + involving him with a new avatar, new features, a new magic system, and absolute freedom to do what ever the hell he wants to do. He accepts, makes 4 new NPC followers in the image of the Chaos Gods from Warhammer (idk, I just pictured him like thanos with his own Black Order), tweeks the older NPCs a bit to fit his ideas, and goes into the new world with no concequences. Also, instead of being a skeleton, he’s now a Celestial (No real difference, he just has a mega-dick now.)

Also no, but I have seen memes about it Konosuba.

4 minutes ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

Well, One of my ideas was to just have Momonga lose his inhibitions.

When the servers shut down, instead of just being stuck, he finds himself face to face in a room with a mysterious figure saying that he’s been killed by some home invaders at the moment of the game’s shutdown. And now he has the option of doing a New Game + involving him with a new avatar, new features, a new magic system, and absolute freedom to do what ever the hell he wants to do. He accepts, makes 4 new NPC followers in the image of the Chaos Gods from Warhammer (idk, I just pictured him like thanos with his own Black Order), tweeks the older NPCs a bit to fit his ideas, and goes into the new world with no concequences. Also, instead of being a skeleton, he’s now a Celestial (No real difference, he just has a mega-dick now.)

Also no, but I have seen memes about it Konosuba.

Actually, the idea you had is a little similar to what happens in Konosuba, but I’ll get back to that in a moment.

So, for your idea, he would essentially have his soul transferred, at the moment of death, into an other-dimensional digital game world?  What would be some of the things he would do in this world?  Would it feature some of the characters from the anime, would it feature OCs, characters from other franchises, or all of the above?

When you say “Celestial” do you mean the kind from Marvel or something else?

As for Konosuba, it takes the basic premise of male-lead Isekai anime (a.k.a. “Woah! I’m in another world!” anime) and turns the usual stereotypes it uses into their complete opposites. 

The main guy is a shut-in nerd named Kazuma who just wants to stay indoors and play his games all day every day.  Then one day when he decides to step outside, he sees a girl about to get hit by a truck and dies trying to save her.  Kazuma then finds himself in the afterlife face-to-face with a blue-haired goddess named Aqua, who teases him by informing him that the truck didn’t hit him or the girl and that he died of shock, and that his family laughed at the ridiculous manner in which he died.  She then tells him that he has one of two options on where to go next:

1. Retire in the heavens and be seriously bored
  2. Be reborn in a new world similar to typical fantasy RPGs and try to defeat the Devil King

Kazuma picks #2 and has to pick at least one special item to take with him, all while Aqua pesters him to choose already.  He gets annoyed with her and decides to get back at her by picking her as the one item to take with him.  To Aqua’s surprise, the choice is allowed, and she’s replaced by a temp goddess as she and Kazuma are sent to the new world.  However, not long after they get there, Kazuma finds that, for a goddess, Aqua is completely useless.

It’s all basically a comedy that takes the tropes you’re familiar with in typical adventure shows and turns them into their opposites.  Our hero, Kazuma, is not a young man seeking adventure while bettering himself through the people he meets but is more like an entitled nerd thinking he’s owed the ultimate adventure because...he’s a nerd who knows what he wants.  Aqua is not the supportive heroine or obnoxious tsundere falling for the hero but is actually a lazy, self-centered, obnoxious, ego-centric, self-absorbed, bratty, whiny, bitchy, petty, and an all-around selfish baby (I could go on, but I think you get the idea).

Two other characters that join their group:

1. A highly-talented, teenaged mage girl named Megumin who can learn and master any known spell in their world, but would rather learn explosion spells because they’re her favorite.
  2. Darkness, the beautiful, blonde, paladin knight girl who is supportive and wants to help her new friends in any way possible, but mostly that's because she's a masochist whose fantasy is to be ravaged by monsters or to marry an abusive husband.  She can become serious in issues involving her friends, and her real name is later revealed to be Lalatina Ford Dustiness, and is the daughter of a noble household.

Sorry that was so lengthy, but what do you think of it all?

Ok first, I am definitely watching this anime now.

Second, basically, the Overlord’s  soul is transferred into his Max Level Character in the anime and short novel with no explanation. And he’s trying to conquer the world partly to get some answers like what happened and is there any one else. But he’s mostly doing it out of peer pressure due to the fact that the player made NPCs of Nazeric by his guild-mates expect him to be this ultimate overlord and his own racial class actually influencing his behavior. He does this by doing what we all do in videogames. Find exploits, make plans, use you level to your advantage, build a reputation, use the high level items you farmed/crafted to your advantaged, start working politically and make good choices. The trill in this anime isn’t that Ainz will defeat the enemy, but he’ll do it in accordance to his plan. He’s a Schemer using all his tools available to him to get the advantage. Plus, theres just enough new things in this new world to keep things interesting and challenging for Momonga. This is all canon.

What I was planning on doing was having whatever inhibitions he had before gone. Ainz still has a human mind, so he makes a lot of cautious and chast decisions. He also can’t actually Bone anyone despite being a Bone Daddy. (The Celestial Race is more like Asguardians, alien demigod with phenominal power)

Y’know, the more I think about it, the more I don’t like my idea, I think I’ll just stick to the video game version. Do you know anyone that would make a good Overlord?

You can watch it on Crunchyroll, although the anime was never dubbed into English, which is a shame really, as I would’ve loved to hear those lines spoken in English.  Jamie Marchi would’ve done a great Darkness since she’s done Panty Anarchy from “Panty & Stocking” and Ayame Kajou from “Shimoneta.”  Be warned, though...Aqua does a lot of screaming, so if your ears bleed, send the studio your medical bills.

And I can imagine a few scenarios where Kazuma has to have his way with Darkness...:devil:

As for your idea, do you mean like another character from something else in place of Momonga?

1 minute ago, Snake_King said:

You can watch it on Crunchyroll, although the anime was never dubbed into English, which is a shame really, as I would’ve loved to hear those lines spoken in English.  Jamie Marchi would’ve done a great Darkness since she’s done Panty Anarchy from “Panty & Stocking” and Ayame Kajou from “Shimoneta.”  Be warned, though...Aqua does a lot of screaming, so if your ears bleed, send the studio your medical bills.

And I can imagine a few scenarios where Kazuma has to have his way with Darkness...:devil:

As for your idea, do you mean like another character from something else in place of Momonga?

No, I mean the old videogame overlord, with minions and evil heroes. I want to do something like thebooblovers challenge where hiccup is the overlord. But lets make someone else have the mantel. Any thoughts?

Just now, Red_Light_Zone said:

No, I mean the old videogame overlord, with minions and evil heroes. I want to do something like thebooblovers challenge where hiccup is the overlord. But lets make someone else have the mantel. Any thoughts?

That’s actually what I meant, someone else having the mantel.  As for thoughts on who it should go to, I’m not sure.  A few characters I can think of are the kind who wouldn’t do that kind of thing.

Perhaps, although I consider ALL fanfics AUs, no matter how much they stick to canon.

As for a list:

1. Peter Parker (teenaged)
  2. Jack Darby (Transformers Prime)
  3. Jon Kent (Superman and Lois Lane’s son)
  4. Kazuma (Konosuba)
  5. Dick Grayson (Nightwing/Robin)
  6. Jake (The Dark Tower)
  7. Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
  8. Any of the main male leads from ATLA or LOK reimagined as modern boys in our world.

That’s about all I can come up with at the moment.  If I think of any more dudes, I’ll let you know.

Sorry about the long reply, but here.

Kazuma and Jon Kent are easily the most interesting.

For Jon, I can see a story with him. His a teenager who’s starting to be more and more conflicted with his parental teachings and the real world issues he has to save people from. He starts to get tired of the monotonous cycle of catching the bad guy only for them to be free and ruin more innocent lives. This comes to a head when Lex builds a device to control reality on a planetary scale and nearly makes him and his family disappear. Jon stops him, but is then left stranded in the source (The DC’s equivalent to a Blank canvas where all other multiverses reside like Marvel and Dragon Ball).

He then appears to be stranded on a fantasy universe like WoW, LotR, and Final Fantasy XIV. Only this time it looks like George R.R. Martin directed it so it’s a sort of Grim Dark fantasy filled with political intrigue and strife where people of different fantasy races suffer, are at war, or are in some way evil. Even many the gods are either insane, evil, or power hungry. He then finds a man named Telos, a wizard who who ascended to godhood status and wants Gohan to save this world from itself while he goes off into the multiverse. Jon agrees and is given the Tome of Telos, a magical text book that contains knowledge on all the magical arts there is and can teach the user to bend the fundamental laws of reality in accordance to their very will. Jon starts Kicking ass, and gains the title of Overlord, a derogitory term for villain.

Of course he gains a harem along the way.

3 minutes ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

Sorry about the long reply, but here.

Kazuma and Jon Kent are easily the most interesting.

For Jon, I can see a story with him. His a teenager who’s starting to be more and more conflicted with his parental teachings and the real world issues he has to save people from. He starts to get tired of the monotonous cycle of catching the bad guy only for them to be free and ruin more innocent lives. This comes to a head when Lex builds a device to control reality on a planetary scale and nearly makes him and his family disappear. Jon stops him, but is then left stranded in the source (The DC’s equivalent to a Blank canvas where all other multiverses reside like Marvel and Dragon Ball).

He then appears to be stranded on a fantasy universe like WoW, LotR, and Final Fantasy XIV. Only this time it looks like George R.R. Martin directed it so it’s a sort of Grim Dark fantasy filled with political intrigue and strife where people of different fantasy races suffer, are at war, or are in some way evil. Even many the gods are either insane, evil, or power hungry. He then finds a man named Telos, a wizard who who ascended to godhood status and wants Gohan to save this world from itself while he goes off into the multiverse. Jon agrees and is given the Tome of Telos, a magical text book that contains knowledge on all the magical arts there is and can teach the user to bend the fundamental laws of reality in accordance to their very will. Jon starts Kicking ass, and gains the title of Overlord, a derogitory term for villain.

Of course he gains a harem along the way.

Interesting setup, so would Jon meet other characters from Overlord or would he meet other characters from other shows and what have you as well?  Also, who would you pick for this harem?

6 minutes ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

I still need to see Konosuba, but if it is what I think it is, I’ll have something worked out.

Well, I definitely enjoyed it.  It subverts a lot of the expectations you might have from having seen other shows, where you expect it to play out one way, but then it does something unexpected, which is often the setup of the joke.

Kazuma might work as well in this because he’s a bit of an entitled nerd and a pervert.

2 minutes ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

Also, Gohan would be a good candidate.

I figured you might think that given how you mentioned him in the one with Jon Kent.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.