Click Here!

TV show request

Guest Athena Lentz

Mine is horizontal, with the “back to index” as the fourth alpha entry? 

It’s me, really. My brain wants lists to be vertical, not horizontal, and it takes me a good 60 seconds to make sense out of horizontal lists. I’m not sure if this is part of what makes things mobile friendly, and I’ll muddle along as I always do, but it really doesn’t feel logical or intuitive to me.

Subdomain_subcategories.jpg

1 hour ago, DemonGoddess said:

nope, that’s columns, alpha order.  Because of the pagination, in some categories that have a zillion titles? no more scrolling alllll the way down to find what you need.

But the alpha order goes horizontally across the columns. That’s what gives me brain hiccups. I read columns top to bottom, so when I read the page, I have to make a conscious effort to read across the page, as though I were reading a sentence and not a column. I don’t know how else to explain it, other than that. And honestly, I am not trying to be a pain in the ass, but if I don’t understand it, I can’t explain it to anyone else.

Either way, the placement of “Back to Index” seems out of place, though.

Edited by BronxWench

I tend to read down columns too… and that is throwing my brain a bit. You’ve still got to read though everything, because when it’s left to right before top to bottom it’s easy to miss what you’re looking for.

It does look great on mobile though. I just had a look through a Blu Diamond Mini running Opera :) Everything is in a nice list, and the site is very easy to navigate.

On my phone, if I hold the phone upright, it’s a single column list. If I turn it sideways, it’s two columns, because my phone screen isn’t terribly huge. I can navigate just fine, though, especially if I use a soft-tip pointer.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.