Click Here!

Why does the site keep logging me out when I move between menus?

OpenPage

Hi!

Ever since the upgrade, whenever I log in on my laptop using either Chrome or Firefox and then move to another menu, I get logged out. Also, I can’t log in at all on Chrome using my phone. I have cleared all cookies but am still having problems. It’s starting to get very frustrating, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

OpenPage

I know I need to log in at the main page, and then open my profile view and log in there as well. That seems to stop me getting logged out every time I change page views.I suspect (but not a coder so this is a guess) it has to do with the profile page view still having left hand menus as well as the top menu bar.

I just tried logging in with Chrome on my Android based phone. I will say up front that I have an old (and faithful) Samsung Galaxy SIII, and I was able to log into AFF and read a story. At first, I thought I wasn’t logged in, but I just had to scroll down to actually see anything. (Damned tiny screens...) Are you able to access the login fields at all?

Thank you for you advice and replying to quickly!

I tried what you said (logging in on the home page and then logging in on my profile) and it worked. I have just tried my phone again, and it now appears to be working, although last night it definitely didn’t and my friend was having the same issue. Oh, well, as long as it’s fixed, that’s the main thing :D

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

I’m glad you’re able to get in again! I know it’s been frustrating, but the goal is to make it easier for mobile users while not totally making those of us who prefer desktops/laptops pull out our hair in sheer vexation. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.