Click Here!

BronxWench's Review Reply Thread

BronxWench

I’ve been remiss in starting this here, but anyway…:blush:

Review replies for The Lost and the Hidden City:

From The_CL on October 14, 2016

Okay, finally got around to reviewing this. Sorry it took so long. I have to admit, I don't know these two elves but with the two of you writing, I have to say, I don't care! So far so good and I'm sure this is going to just get better and better.

On to the next chapter.

CL

Hi, CL! It took me a while to reply, so… I’m glad you’re enjoying! It’s nicely fluffy, which is a change for Pip and me. But I think it will be fun, with enough drama to keep it from being cloying. :D

From ANON - wanderingaddict on January 27, 2017

BW I was talking to shadowknight and then decided to look you up and HOLY COW how is there only ONE review for this nuggety, sweet-chocolatey treasure of goodness??

Hi other author, Pippy, I say the same thing to you as well. I've only just read the first chapter here but this sates a deep, thirsty need for the Tolkien world I always wanted but never actually had. Thank you both!

Hi, waddict! I am so glad you did look me up, not that I’ve been hugely prolific online, but you know. It’s always something. But pip and I were talking about maybe writing a collab, and here we are. And it’s amazingly fun to write, so I’m really happy that you’re enjoying it (because to tell you the truth, I’d write it even if I was the only reader, but it’s nice to have readers). We wanted a pairing that wasn’t one of the usual match-ups, and there they were… Gildor Inglorion and Glorfindel. Just practically gift-wrapped for us… :D

From ANON - wanderingaddict on January 27, 2017

alrighty, up through chapter 5: gotta say I'm terribly amused by the two of them just wiling away a few decades doing nothing but boinking each other. personally I was pretending a few weeks had gone past between each chapter and, since elves move so damn slowly, they were taking their sweeeeeeeeet long time just eating, sleeping, sexing, then doing it again. haha lulz I really can't underscore enough how much I like having gay elves in LotR.

hopefully in a concrit term, I'd say that it'd have been nice to get a little bit more of an intro into Gildor before running with him. it wasn't until chapter 3 that I thought to look him up because I'd conflated him as Glorfindel in BOTH places in my memory and so had just assumed he was an OC! Glorfindel had some nice nods to his accomplishments and unique status btw if some more of that had been woven in for Gildor it'd have just let me get a better handle on who he was right at the start. doesn't distract from my enjoyment as-is however!

I gotta say chapter 5 and I am iiiiiitchin' to see Gildor just straight up murder Glorfindel's ass with whatever he has to. Glorfindel is so dom, such a grabby tease - it gets to me! I gotta see the tables turned! Go for it Gildor I'm rooting for you! tear that big warrior-elf ass apart! I bet he could take A LOT.

There isn’t a huge trove of canon about Gildor, honestly, so that was one of the reasons we went for him. Glorfindel is obviously much better known—slayer of balrogs, returned from the Halls of the Dead, and all that. So we wanted someone who we could play with and not trip over too much canon. Gildor was perfect—a Noldo, one of the Exiles who followed Fëanor out of Valinor to Middle Earth. He’d have been a contemporary of Glorfindel, before Glorfindel’s fall, and the plot bunnies went mad.

And keep reading (I know you have!) because Gildor is not quite as passive as he seems at first. A little bedazzled by Glorfindel, to be sure, but certainly not to the point of becoming a cipher, to be sure!

(And read lots of pip’s stuff. Some of it can be dark, but gods, she is an amazing writer!)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.