Click Here!

Unable to upload story

dolphina23

I need help understanding why I can't find my story. I've tried uploading it several times in the html format following all the instructions I found on the forum and it keeps kicking me back to the begining when I click Add Story. Can anyone help? I would REALLY appreciate being able to upload this without further aggrivation. :)

When you select file upload type, are you selecting text area, txt file, or htm file? It could be something as simple as not selecting in that dropdown.

If you would, step out for me exactly what you're doing, and I'll see where exactly this isn't working right for you.

When you select file upload type, are you selecting text area, txt file, or htm file? It could be something as simple as not selecting in that dropdown.

If you would, step out for me exactly what you're doing, and I'll see where exactly this isn't working right for you.

Okay, here's the deal. I have been trying to upload this story for hours. I go to the Add Story directory or whatever it's called and follow all the steps like it said in the help forum on this site. I get al the way to the end where it says how I want to upload the file. That is, I put in the title, the summary, the disclaimer, where I want it, and the sub-category. I'm already in the sub-category, too, because it mentioned something about my needing to be in it. Then, when it asks for the file, I upload off my desktop, where the file is. I changed the file type to htm/html so it would load right. I don't want to use the txt or the text only section because it screws up the format. I lose the underlining, the bold and the italics that way and it looks wierd. I just tried it again because the other person writing with me said that sometimes she had to try again when it kicks you back to the Add Story begining. Am I making it clear? Does this make any sense? Is it my computer? Any help would be great.

Okay, here's the deal. I have been trying to upload this story for hours. I go to the Add Story directory or whatever it's called and follow all the steps like it said in the help forum on this site. I get al the way to the end where it says how I want to upload the file. That is, I put in the title, the summary, the disclaimer, where I want it, and the sub-category. I'm already in the sub-category, too, because it mentioned something about my needing to be in it. Then, when it asks for the file, I upload off my desktop, where the file is. I changed the file type to htm/html so it would load right. I don't want to use the txt or the text only section because it screws up the format. I lose the underlining, the bold and the italics that way and it looks wierd. I just tried it again because the other person writing with me said that sometimes she had to try again when it kicks you back to the Add Story begining. Am I making it clear? Does this make any sense? Is it my computer? Any help would be great.

Okay, I have the story up now! I had a friend use their computer to upload it and it worked just fine though it at first did the same thing mine did. But, as long as it's here and I can edit and add to it, it doesn't matter.

Actually could make alot of sense, what you described. If you have a slow internet connection, for example, it can make it so things don't quite want to work right. Particularly if the archive is seeing alot of activity at the time of your attempt.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.