Click Here!

JayDee

Hi,

Going through: http://books.adult-fanfiction.org/index.php#

I click log in, put in my email and password and it just doesn’t do anything? I’m pretty sure my password is right, I haven’t changed it in slightly too long for good security!

I’m on latest version of Firefox.

Sorry to bother you and thanks for your time.

Guest newkitty - can't sign in

Hi there. I seem to be having a similar issue on trying to log into the site as well. I have cleared all my browsing/cookies/cache multiple times on all my devices: laptop, phone, tablet. I even tried changing my password thinking I might have somehow forgotten it. I have tried both Chrome and Safari. Any other suggestions?

Guest newkitty

Yes. I did reset password even though it hadn't given me any warning message about it being wrong. I tried to login again, even tried doing the mutiple back to back attempts someone noted in the string above. 

I have almost always read on my iPhone (currently using a 6s) or iPad (currently a Pro). I have never had issues with accessing the website on mobile platforms. But I switched to our laptop to see if it was maybe my phone. I got the same results.

When I go through the login process - username, password, hit login button - it refreshes the screen and the log in option/button is still in the options bar. No new options appear, and I can't see anywhere to access my account. I don't even see the typical "welcome username” notation that I used to see in the top right corner of the screen. 

Ah, yikes. Hopefully our tech admin or coder will be able to correct me if I’m wrong, but this might be an Apple-specific glitch. We updated the site skin to make it more mobile friendly, but apparently Safari forces a site to display as mobile-friendly, which is why you never had a problem before the update. When we updated the site, it buggered it all up for anyone using Safari, and I’m assuming Chrome as well, since you haven’t been able to get in with Chrome. Android users aren’t experiencing this, as far as I’ve heard. This was as of yesterday, so I might be wrong, but it’s my best guess.

Bear with us, we’re working on figuring it out if it’s still the issue.

@newkitty, when you reset your password, you used the password that’s already in the db.  When a user does that, it blanks the field.  So, at this point, you don’t HAVE a password active.  You need to reset it again, make sure it’s 8 or more characters in length, and contains letters and/or numbers ONLY.

I think I might have done the same thing as newkitty (i.e. reset my password to the same old password without realising it and now I can’t log in on any device) but now when I try to reset it again to something different, every email just says ‘This password reset is no longer valid’ even though I open it and click the link within seconds of the email arriving in my inbox?

with the menu replacement, and the session calls having been worked on, you will need to clear all site related cookies, and restart your browser.  also, if using firefox, you need to force a complete logout, because we operate on a persistent login.

Guest newkitty

I typically use last pass to create unique passwords, so not thinking it is that unless I somehow didn't get the new one into my clipboard to paste it in... but I will try sometime today to reset the password again.

DG, can you please give me some more detail? Because I swear on my life that I’ve nuked all the cookies and restarted Firefox twice now, and I still can’t log in and every time I try to reset my password, it just tells me that the password reset link is no longer valid. I’ve combed through every inch of the settings in Firefox 51.0.1 and I’m not seeing any other settings related to what you’re telling me to do. How do I force a complete logout?

I’ve also tried logging in using Microsoft Edge – exact same issue as I’m having with Firefox. Can’t log in, can’t reset my password. I’m getting a bit distressed now.

Okay, 

Under Privacy – remove site specific cookies.  That will be under history in this tab

Under Advanced – clear cached content

Looks like the latest version FINALLY killed the stored logins thing!

Are you going here to reset? http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/reset.php

I just used it, and had no issues.  In Firefox

Yeah, I cleared my cache the last times I tried it. I just tried it again, and no change.

Given that I get the exact same thing in Edge and on my phone, I don’t understand how it’s a Firefox problem?

I am using http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/reset.php, it sends me the email to reset my password just fine, it’s when I click on the URL the email gives me to reset it always says “This Password Reset is no longer Valid”. I must have tried about… ten times now? It can’t be a timeout issue – the email arrives and I click the link in under 60 seconds.

At this point I’m not even sure what my password is any more (if I even have one) because I nuked the saved login from my browser’s password manager. The fact that it’s also impossible to reset is concerning to me because it’s effectively rendered my account completely inaccessible. I have no idea what’s going on.

I nuked my cookies.

I cleared my cache and offline data.

Restarted my computer.

Went to http://www.adult-fanfiction.org/html-index.php#

Tried to log in with my password (as far as I know) – nothing. No successful login, no error message, it just does nothing.

Tried to log in with Defintely Not My Password or even a possible password (just 4 random characters) – still no error message.

Reset password at http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/reset.php. Opened the email it sent me, clicked the link – no ability to reset my password, all I see is the error “This Password Reset is no longer Valid”

There really doesn’t seem to be anything more I can do. Is my password blanked? Why is it impossible for me to reset? Is there a way to manually reset it from your end? Is it some kind of bug that the login box isn’t doing anything at all even when a wrong password is entered? I’ve been on the archive since 2012, I really don’t want to lose my account.

Edited by Dean_Wax

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.