Click Here!

Another Layout Update?

Guest Anon22

Why is it every time there’s a site layout update it just makes things more and more inconvenient?

All the archives used to be under 1 menu. Then everything was separated into multiple menus. Then you had to mouse over the menus to get a drop down to select the particular archive you want.

Now you have to click on Archive, then click on one of the menus, then click on the archive you want.

Seriously… Can you guys have an update where the layout actually becomes MORE convenient for once?   =(

The new layout was done to accommodate mobile users, and the side menus, while admittedly more convenient from my perspective as a devoted desktop user and as someone who trawls through every archive while moderating, were not going to work.

There’s always some give and take, and as much as we’d like to, we’re not going to please everyone. However, we’re hoping this makes it easier for the growing number of our members who want to do everything on their mobile devices. The rest of us will eventually get used to the extra steps (says the cranky old dragon who still uses a Galaxy IIIs phone on purpose).

Well, the most recent update at least put everything together instead of separating them so… From the update that caused me to finally make a post in a forum to this one, things actually got more convenient. 

Either way I enjoy the site; I just felt the need to vent after updates repeatedly made things harder to browse. At least I now know there’s a reason for it (mobile users) as opposed to arbitrary changes. Thanks for the response.

If you look at the menu bar on the top of the home page, there is a clickable link marked Archives. The subdomains are listed under that menu option, in alphabetic order. The chapter list is at the top of the story page, and is now a dropdown list.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.