Click Here!

Site title and top RIGHT author panel gone?!

SisterWine

7 hours ago, Guest Shiro said:

Not gonna lie as an iPad user this new layout is very inconvenient. Who ever said that menuing being inoperative on mobile must have been doing something wrong. I’ve never had a problem once with the old layout then again i never made an account so maybe that was the issue

If you use Safari as your browser, I’m told it adjusted for the site itself, without needing the skin updated. That wasn’t true for other mobile users, however, and we got regular requests to make the site more mobile-friendly.

I honestly couldn’t tell you how it was before on mobile devices, because I don’t read on my phone at all. The screen’s too small, and for me, as an Android user, I see vast expanses of empty brown background and lines and lines of menu before I get to anything I want to see. I haven’t even tried with a tablet, although I do use my tablet as a Kindle. The Kindle format works for me, but I don’t imagine I’d like AFF any better on a screen which is still too small to display it the way I prefer it, which is the desktop/laptop view. Do I personally miss the left side menuing? Hells, yes. Are we getting it back? Nope. 

8 hours ago, Guest Shiro said:

Not gonna lie as an iPad user this new layout is very inconvenient. Who ever said that menuing being inoperative on mobile must have been doing something wrong. I’ve never had a problem once with the old layout then again i never made an account so maybe that was the issue

I tested the old menu on a phone, 2 tablets, and my desktop.  Desktop worked fine, was completely inoperative for any Android devices.  Given how many complaints I was receiving about this issue, it certainly needed to be addressed.

On 2/3/2017 at 5:31 PM, DemonGoddess said:

manta is currently debugging this problem.  Can you let us know WHEN it logs you out?  Is it only when you close your browser, or at other times?  That will help her.

I just tested it, and for me(Firefox 51.0.1 with NoScript, UBlock and Classic Theme Restorer), it only logs me out when I completely exit my browser.  Like if I leave and then come back, as long as it’s the same browser session, I’m still logged in.

On 2/4/2017 at 9:25 AM, DemonGoddess said:

I tested the old menu on a phone, 2 tablets, and my desktop.  Desktop worked fine, was completely inoperative for any Android devices.  Given how many complaints I was receiving about this issue, it certainly needed to be addressed.

Huh.  Never had a problem on my Galaxy. Oh well.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.