Click Here!

Site title and top RIGHT author panel gone?!

SisterWine

When I logged on last night, it was fine. I restart my computer from another upload and check in on AFF, I was signed out and the display with Profile, Penname and Control Panel vanished. The “log in” was a drop down on the Home, Latest, etc. bar…. Was this an update? Where did everything go? Why wasn’t it in the news bits? And, coincidentally, I can’t access the news links, either. What the deuce?

SisterWine

It’s all still there.  Press ctrl+F5 to finish seeing the changes.  

The menuing is changed to make it mobile accessible.   Instead of the login/out at the top right, it’s now in the menu bar.  Underneath your username on the menu bar, if logged in, you’ll find a dropdown that gives you the options for your control panel.

Try refreshing and logging in again. The login is now a small gray click button under the dropdown that says either Sign In or your pen name. Just be very careful you’re inputting your password with capital letters if you used them. It’s case sensitive.

Just letting you girls know, I just checked… took me a moment to find the login, but you know, this is me we’re talking about… but, I managed to log in, then hovered over my penname and clicked profile, not selecting anything from the drop down menu, and it took me to my profile. But, seemed to log me out at the same time. At least my penname at the right hand side of the menubar, it said “Login” again. Don’t know if it helps anything, or if it’s just me and shit’s going to blow up in a bit… 

::looks around suspiciously:: This is me… I breathe in the general direction of your tech stuff and it blows up… you’ve all seen it happen, girls! 

And just because I’m your neko, I liked the old style better :P I know it’s done for the mobile friendly thing, but you know I hate change :P  ::runs away to hide in the cardboard box::

UPDATE: I closed the Archive, wrote this post here, then went back to the Archive… and was still logged in :rofl:  See, I told you it was my utter lack of technical understanding…  :P I’m going to bed. Had a final and a presentation today, and got review and a final I’m thoroughly unprepared for tomorrow… Love y’all, and see yous laters! 

Nope, it’s still not letting me log in.  I tried refreshing, I tried on different browsers and on my tablet, I tried resetting my password.  Nothing works.  :(

edit- Ok, ok.  After a lot of messing around, it seems to be letting me log in (and keeping me logged in) on all the pages of the site except the main/home page of the archives.  Is that normal?

Edited by mikimaro
update

Our coder is tweaking things to make the site more mobile-friendly. It’s going to be something of a guess until she’s done, but I’ve had a few issues staying logged in as well, if I try to use multiple tabs. 

Bear with us, and I’m sure we’ll get it sorted out quickly. :)

11 minutes ago, DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC said:

Haven’t had a problem logging in or staying logged in, but this ‘in-between’ state the site’s in is just irritating.

We don’t do it to be irritating, trust me. We’re trying to accommodate mobile users, which we’ve gotten a great many requests to do. Unfortunately, the old adage holds true: “You can’t please all of the people all of the time.”

Any chance of developing seperate Mobile and desktop versions (like how sites have those m. versions that auto-detect a phone)? Seems to work for https://m.xkcd.com/ Wouldn’t have to be implemented right away, just a thought.

If it’s a question of server room you could go ahead and delete celeb. I wouldn’t mind, and as a solipsist I think my opinion is more important than y’all illusions.

Edit: This isn’t a complaint, just a query!

Edited by JayDee

Guest Inked_4_Life

OK. So I don't post stories or anything. I'm just an avid reader and the new site setup is driving me insane. Please just pick one. I come to read stuff and everything has moved around, I can't find anything and it's frustrating.

The links are in the menu.  We had more users that could NOT do anything at ALL due to the menuing being inoperative on a mobile device of any kind, so we had to change the menuing accordingly.

You go to the top menu, you select a subdomain.  The DEFAULT has always been to have the homepage load, and to navigate to the subdomains where you read.  So, the change has been in how to do it.  Instead of clicking the left nav menu, you click a subdomain choice from the top menu.

Under the Archives menu option on the top bar, you will find the subdomains. You need to parse through the Main Archives and Anime Archives subdivisions to find most of the subdomains. NonEnglish and Originals display separately. The stories are all there, but it will take a few more clicks to get there.

I don’t see anyone having mentioned it, so maybe I’m just dumb, but when I view a story I don’t see a chapter selection, I only get arrows at the bottom. Is this in flux or am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Shapooda said:

I don’t see anyone having mentioned it, so maybe I’m just dumb, but when I view a story I don’t see a chapter selection, I only get arrows at the bottom. Is this in flux or am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks!

It’s actually at the very top of the story, under the title and author. There’s a little line reading “Chapter List” which is kind of easy to miss, but if you click it, it will give you a chapter dropdown. Mousing over that dropdown will let you scroll down it to get to the chapter you want.

I am logged out every time I close my browser or navigate between my profile page and the home page. I have to log in on both pages in order to stay logged in if I navigate to a subdomain from either page.

Not gonna lie as an iPad user this new layout is very inconvenient. Who ever said that menuing being inoperative on mobile must have been doing something wrong. I’ve never had a problem once with the old layout then again i never made an account so maybe that was the issue

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.