Click Here!

This 'search' is ridiculous!

Guest KatieKat

Guest KatieKat

Is this how you ‘search’ on aff now??  This is ridiculous.  I have to create a post and hope that someday someone responds to the post and hope that the person responding actually knows the story I’m talking about??  If I wanted to go to a forum I would have clicked the ‘forum’ option on the actual site.  This may be just annoying enough to stop using the site.  Bad move AFF...bad move

We still have a search function on the archive. In fact, it has expanded to allow for searching by tags as well as by author, title, summary, and/or category.

You can find it within each subdomain, at the top left side of the page, right above the Categories listing.

Edited by BronxWench
edited to add link to FAQ entry on the search function

Hi :)

Just to add, the “Searching for a Fic?” section of the forum is more helpful to people who are looking for a story they read a long time ago, where they might only remember very vague details or certain plot points. If you know some details about the story you are looking for, the search on the archive itself should find it much more easily for you.

Guest I tried

I looked in the upper left hand corner of the sub domain I wanted...nothing.  There is no search function there.  And the search box on the right only searches the forums...not stories.  I know because I typed in the title of a story I found this morning and the result was a ton of posts with one word of the title

Unbeknownst to me when I first responded, we’ve embarked on an update to make the menus functional for mobile users. ::sigh::

Go to the story subdomain in question. At the very top of the page, above the new top listing of subcategories, is a clickable for “Search Archive.” It moved over from the left hand side to the top. It still works exactly as described, however.

Search_function__mobile_update.jpg

Search_function__mobile_update_2.jpg

As far as the Forum search, the Forum and Archive are two separate entities. You can’t search the Forum for Archive stories, only for posts relating to those stories. That has never changed.

I am going to go have more coffee, liberally spiked with whiskey and Valium, because it’s been that sort of week.

Edited by BronxWench

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.