Click Here!

DeathStalker is at it again

Guest SailorNemesis

Just now, GeorgeGlass said:

Definitions seem to vary. I’ve seen “shota” used to refer to anything involving sexual activity with young boys, which is further classified as “straight shota” or “gay shota. I’ve also seen “loli” used to distinguish drawn or otherwise fictional young girls from real ones.

I’m going by the more traditional usage of the terms, and even the expanded definitions don’t provide the clear age ranges I need as far as archive content warnings. Reading about a 16 or 17 year old having sex is one thing, but when the character is under 13, it’s a huge trigger for many readers. Even being under 18 can be a trigger. Neither shota, gay or straight, nor loli provide that clarity. I will grant you, in most of the shota I’ve seen lately, the boys are definitely falling into the Minor1 age range, so do we consider shota one of the major trigger tags, too?

Loli got its name from the Nabokov novel, of course. That artificially enhanced young-girl image appealed to the ecchi audience, and it’s still a big part of the Harajuku cosplay scene.

3 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Thank you. The fact that I had to Google “bishie” makes me feel like less of a perv. :)

What can I say? I’ve been doing this for six years now. I’m hopelessly corrupted and wonderfully deviant. :lol:

6 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Minor1 and Minor2 are definitely clearer. The only unique information the shota and loli tags would add is whether the minor is male or female.

I’ve been probably going the other direction, describing my characters older than they are in the story (Likely because my “reference material” is 18+).  Minor1 will typically go in just because of the constraints I’ve established for my main story, so any backstory, well, the characters *are* younger, and I don’t subscribe to the notion that sexuality is a gift bestowed on an 18th birthday (as how some other sites/publishers seem to treat it).  I also find the teen years ripe with plot altering mechanisms – the rumor mill in schools is excellent canon fodder! :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.