Click Here!

Login fails

PookatheCat

So for a while I haven’t been able to log into my account anymore. I deleted the cookies, got several password resets, used a computer I usually never use to visit AFF… it never worked. The site doesn’t even show a failed login. Just nothing. It doesn’t even load and I have no idea why. Did I do something wrong so that the account got blocked? Is it a technical thing? Is it a ‘too-stupid-to-use-a-computer thing? I do not know… Hlep? Please?

Hi,

Your account isn’t blocked, and I’m showing your last login on December 6, 2016. Let me run through some possibilities.

If you’re resetting the password and using the same password, that causes an error which blanks the field all over again.

Passwords now need to be at least 8 letter and/or numbers long, with no special characters. They’re also case sensitive, so if you used a capital letter anywhere when creating the password, you always need a capital letter in that spot.

The login needs to be from the email address associated with the account. If you’ve updated your email address but haven’t updated it here, that can cause the login to fail because we won’t recognize the new address.

If AFF isn’t loading at all, that’s another issue entirely, and I’m not sure why that would be, if you’ve cleared cookies. Perhaps clearing your browser’s cache would help. You’ll need to close the browser afterward, and restart it to make sure the deletions go through.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.