Click Here!

Pippychick's Review Responses for 'Ai o Juten'

pippychick

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

BY : pippychick

• From BronxWench on October 19, 2016

What a grim and terrible world this is, and yet I am drawn in by the superb characterisation. Without knowing this manga, I am still beguiled and held captive by the perfect cruelty and delicate brutality of Riki's situation. Iason is so in control, but he's already giving small hints of the tiny cracks in his perfect facade.

I will definitely follow this one, every dark step of the way. Brava!

Yay! Thank you!!! :wub:

I’m amazed at how quickly I got to post in this thread! I am absolutely in love with this dynamic, and what happens to Riki. I sense there are things to indulge in here. Iason isn’t deluded; he is superior to Riki in all the ways he believes, and that’s terrible and beautiful at the same time. He’s also an android, though his brain is genetically modified, it’s still mostly human. His drives are going to be quite different, and I’m looking forward to that a lot. But, ultimately, he’s grabbed a tiger by the tail. It’s Riki’s violent passion he wants to own, and he can never do that. It’s intriguing. :)

Edited by pippychick

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From BronxWench on October 24, 2016

Riki is very stubborn--very human, and I do enjoy Iason's confusion over Riki's refusal to see how his lot in life has improved. I suspect the android will have nearly as much trouble accepting Riki's constant rebellion as Riki will have accepting Iason's touch. It's a good thing Iason likes problems which require a great deal of thought to resolve... :D

Lovely chapter!

Thank you!!! :hug:

lol… I’m glad you’re enjoying Iason’s confusion. It’s quite genuine, but then he can’t imagine it possibly applying to him. He doesn’t see any double standards in his treatment of Riki, because he has his superiority thing going on, and in a way he’s right. But there are different kinds of intelligence, and Riki has had to survive on the streets. He’s incredibly tough, this one, which means the sex scene I’m writing that will happen way off in the future is turning out to be quite comical instead of dark. Even though the things Iason does there are quite cold and inhumane. I suppose that similarly, there are different kinds of stupid. They both have a lot to learn about themselves here, and each other.

Glad you’re along for this ride. It’s a interesting world to play in (I have so many more toys!! *g*). :D

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From ILoveDexter on November 10, 2016

L-O-V-E IT! Please write more and update quicker. :)

Thank you, ILoveDexter! :) I shall certainly try, although the muses are playing with the dressing up box lately, and I have to write what they tell me. But some of the next chapter is already written, so it shouldn’t be too long.

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From BronxWench on November 10, 2016

Ah, poor Riki. He is simply over his head right now, isn't he? Iason has all the cards, and isn't afraid to use them, and Riki is far too interesting, and stimulating.

I did feel for Daryl in this chapter, torn between needing to obey Iason, and his sympathetic handling of Riki. I was quite ready to believe Daryl did have Riki's interests at heart when he soothed him afterward. But, you know, that could just be my desperate bid to put a kinder face on it all.

And of course, this is only the beginning, so Riki has far to go.

Just superb, as always! :D

Thank you so much, Bronx! :wub:

Riki is indeed in over his head, and Iason is cruel. It’s strange though, because when I write him, he doesn’t feel cruel. He’s not so much ignorant as unable to appreciate Riki’s humanity. Also, he knows the reactions Riki is inspiring in him ought to be impossible, and yet there they are.

Daryl… he’s just a tender, lost soul. He sees Riki’s rebellion as a spark that isn’t just set against Iason, but against the whole set up. Although I’m quite sure he doesn’t think in those terms. Not yet, anyway.

There is far to go. Writing Iason is so fascinating! I’m going to enjoy the next scene. How would an android approach it? I have a few speculative answers, and it’s quite unlike anything I’ve written before. I’m not sure what Riki will make of it, but he’s feeling kind of sarcastic and scathing. I’m sure that will just ensure his fate, poor sod.

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From BronxWench on November 22, 2016

You know, I have always wondered what it would be like for a cyborg to experience human sensations, human drives so deeply ingrained in the psyche they cannot be programmed away. You have shown me with astonishing clarity how it would feel, and I'm absolutely breathless with awe.

Iason's cruelty is simply what he is, who he is, as impersonal as the rain. Riki is indeed the polar opposite, his anger and sarcasm the byproduct of his loneliness and desire to be loved. But in this moment, Riki has indeed changed Iason. Whether or not it's for the better will remain to be seen. I have no illusions Iason will stop being cruel. He might learn to mean it, though.

Thank you, Bronx! :wub:

Thank you so much for these compliements. While contemplating writing this, I was thinking that Iason’s body wasn’t built to feel pleasure, or experience orgasm. Rather, the genials Iason has been provided with by Jupiter are described in canon as those of “the most advanced sex android.” I’d imagine he has the ability to simulate orgasm, and enough sensors to adjust his performance. But then I realised that all the magic really happens in the brain, and it occurred to me that the brain is powerful enough to make use of what it is given, even if that is a simulated android body with sophisticated input sensors. To paraphrase Jeff Goldblum’s character in Jurassic Park: “The brain will find a way.” 

You are right about Iason’s cruelty too. He’s spent all of his life in this world where each fulfils his own role. Riki is the first and only exception to that, and it has him intrigued. Something has changed in Iason, but I’m not all that positive it’s for the better either. For what it’s worth, as I’m writing him now, he still feels highly analytical. I am not at all certain that is good news. I could really ramble about this all day. The only way I’ll find out for sure is to write it, lol.

:hug:

Exactly! His brain might find a way for him to experience physical pleasure, but emotion is so much more complex, and I’m not sure he has the capacity for actual love.

• 4 weeks later...

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From ILoveDexter on December 12, 2016

When - are - you - going - to - update! I'm dying here!

Hey, ILoveDexter… you’ll be glad to know a chapter is on the way. More than likely by the end of the day. It’ll be a long one, currently it’s just over 3000 words. :)

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From BronxWench on December 15, 2016

And so it begins. Iason has discovered an appetite for both the physical sensations Riki can provide, but the potential for many new sensations. I do not think this bodes well at all for Riki, and Iason has only scratched the very surface of what he is capable of becoming.

Riki would do better to beg for mercy from a kitchen appliance, I fear.And how he could believe, even for a moment, that Iason would keep his word to a mongrel from Midas is an exercise in self-deception which will result in additional pain for Riki. His training will be nothing to envy, although Iason will enjoy it a great deal, I think.

As ever, it is always worth the wait for an update, when you offer us such perfect glimpses into darkness. A very merry Christmas, and the blessings of the Solstice, my dear Pip!

Thank you so much, Bronx!  :hug:

Oh, you are quite right in your thinking – there are going to be some heavy chapters ahead. Iason’s belief in his own superiority is unshakeable. I’m afraid he considers Riki’s current rebellious state of existence to be unnatural, almost to the point of religious fervour. As for the things Riki will endure… it’s probably best not to think about them all at once. Of course there’ll also be a certain element of trial and error involved, after all, Iason has never done this before. But I expect him to learn quickly, like a machine, never repeating the same error twice.

As for mercy, if Riki ever dares (or lowers himeself) to ask for it, it’ll be an erroneous concept to Iason, and he will be very willing to logically explain it to Riki in nice simple terms, including his wish for “freedom” which Iason considers utterly pointless. In his own weird way, he really believes he’s saving Riki from a wasted life. At the time of writing, I’m not sure how much this will conform to normal BDSM conventions. I don’t feel like Iason is going to approach Riki’s training in quite that way. The use of toys for punishment feels inefficient, though restraints are going to feature heavily, I think. We shall see! I really do enjoy writing Iason. His mind feels so clean and unfettered by the everday human detritus the rest of us have to deal with. :)

Happy holidays to you too, Bronx!  :wub:

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From ILoveDexter on December 16, 2016

I am so happy that you updated. This is a great story! I love how Iason is trying to figure it all out and poor Riki…

Thank you, ILoveDexter! :)

I am glad you’re enjoying it so much! Oh, you are right… poor Riki indeed. I suspect things will be different again in the next chapter. After all, Riki just woke up with a massive opiate hangover, and Iason put him off a bit with that trick. But it’s the calm before the storm, and if Iason thinks Riki is that easy he’s deluded. He’s going to have a desperate fight on his hands. After all, what has Riki got to lose in this situation? Not much, let’s be honest.

• 5 weeks later...

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From ANON - Dea on January 15, 2017

I loved your story!!!! Update please!!!! 

From ILoveDexter on January 07, 2017

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!   PLEASE!!!!

Thank you, ILoveDexter and Dea :)

Yes, there is a slight delay – I had rather a longish break over Christmas and New Year, although I did write a special chapter in advance for someone, so at some point you’ll get an early update, or maybe two chapters together. I hope it won’t be too long until the next one now.

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From ANON - BronxWench on January 27, 2017

Do you know, dispassionate disappointment is perhaps more terrifying than outright rage? I confess, I think I wanted Iason to explode with fury more than Riki might have done. After all, rage is spent quickly, and then one moves on. But Iason's mood, well, that's another thing altogether.

Daryl's protection of Riki is curious, although I suppose Daryl knows what lies in store for Riki in Iason's hands. I don't think Riki would appreciate sympathy from the furniture, though. And really, it's a fraught choice. Defiance and loneliness, or compliance and humiliation.

It's impossible to completely hate Iason, who is not human and makes no pretense of being so, and it's equally impossible to fault Riki for needing to resist, and being unable to refuse. It's brilliantly dark, and I adore it.

And thank you again! :hug:

Iason, despite being a machine, is proving very difficult to predict. I half wanted rage from him too, but then when I came to write it, I realised he couldn’t. That paradoxically, Riki’s behaviour will have caused a retreat from all of these new things, like desire, like any emotion at all. It’s that thing you said last time about Riki, that he may as well beg mercy from a kitchen appliance. If Iason was angry, there would be something for Riki to work with and manipulate (or at least attempt to).

Honestly, Daryl is coming across to me as a sweet soul, that doesn’t belong in the world of Ai no Kusabi at all. I think in some ways Riki was right in his assessment of Daryl. Iason has him right where he wants him, and it’s too late for him. Daryl has some kind of secret vested interest in seeing Riki succeed in some way. In fact, he’s the opposite of Iason. Iason believes that Riki’s service as a pet makes a perfect circle. Daryl on the other hand, believes that Riki represents hope. He doesn’t want to see Riki broken.

And I knew I’d posted a deluge of chapters today –  I certainly didn’t expect a deluge of reviews in response, but I am ever so thankful. You’re completely awesome! :wub:

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From ILoveDexter on January 27, 2017

Bless you for updating. Please don't wait so long to update again. That was a good chapter, and I appreciate your hardwork.

Thank you, ILoveDexter! :)

I will try not to keep you waiting so long. Glad you enjoyed it!

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From ANON - on January 27, 2017

hi I followed you from Archive and i was wondering if you could help me get alerts to your updates. I don't see a follow button or subscribe like Archive has??? Sorry I am so new to this 

Hi Anon, :)

If you check this thread, please email me and I’ll add you to a list. I’m starting to realise I should have added this to my Author’s Notes. I will amend them to make it clear, so you should get this message in any case. My email is a.slash.writer@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From BronxWench on February 08, 2017

And again, Riki tries to manipulate Iason, and encounters the indifference of a machine. Perhaps not entirely indifference, however. Riki does have a profound influence on Iason, and it isn't something to celebrate, not for Riki.

I was fascinated and delighted by Iason's bit of pique, his indignant reaction to being told all Blondies look alike. Even in the conformity of perfection, Iason strives to be unique. Perhaps it is the sole touch of humanity Iason possesses, other than cruelty. For surely, Jupiter used humans as a model for that exquisitely refined visciousness Iason displays. Even just his conscious effort to give pleasure, solely to test Riki's limits, until pleasure becomes something which can only be endured...

I can't get enough of this story! It is extraordinary! 

Thank you, Bronx!  :wub:

Haha, well that little bit of snark from Riki about them all looking alike did provoke a response from Iason in the moment, and he hasn’t forgotten it. I don’t think he forgets anything where Riki is concerned. Oh, it’s true, I suppose, that the rule of Jupiter and her androids could be much more benevolent, and perhaps it is for the citizens of Midas. How else would the population of Amoi remain so docile? Given our own history, I don’t think a warning like Ceres would be quite enough to dispell thoughts of rebellion forever. All forms of government that last for any length of time, last because not all of the people are struggling. Not all of them are unhappy. I suspect Jupiter has worked out the perfect ratio in that sense, to ensure her rule in perpetuity, no matter how miserable life is for the people of Ceres.

Iason is quite ruthless, and to be honest that isn’t going to change. Riki says at one point that when Iason saves him at Dana Burn, it’s “...the first and only unselfish thing Iason did...” But what about Riki? He’s no Maglor, but he’s going to have to give somewhere, if he’s to survive this. Psychologically, I can see him fracturing a little as things go forward, perhaps becoming two versions of himself. He’s young enough for his mind to bend like that. He might learn to please Iason, but he’ll never let go of his thoughts of escape. Which matches exactly what happens in canon. I think he’ll deny his moments of surrender even to himself, when they’re over.

I’m glad you are enjoying it! It’s great fun to write. As a pov character, Iason is so… kind of clean and unfettered. It’s different. :)

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From ILoveDexter on February 08, 2017

I LOVE this story! Iason such a bastard! Please update soon. I can hardly wait.

Thank you, ILoveDexter! :hug:

Poor Riki… he’s in for it now. One of those tags is going to come into play in the next chapter.

Glad you’re enjoying it!

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From ANON - Silvya on February 09, 2017

Nice chapter indeed! I love Iason and Riki like couple.

And from this point Iason fells in love with Riki indeed!

Greater chapter! 

Hi Silvya, and thank you! :)

Indeed, Iason has no idea what is happening to him. I wonder, if he did, would he try to stop it? If he knew his fate? I don’t think so… I think he’s already too far gone. He’s already addicted to how Riki makes him feel, whether Riki means to do it or not.

I’m glad you enjoyed the chapter!  :wub:

Reviews for Ai o Jūten

From ANON - KimiDoll on February 10, 2017

Wow, this chapter was just perfect!!!:D A flawless depiction of the power relations going on between Riki and Iason here :) Also a very interesting fact how Iason is thinking of ways to make Riki young and strong forever...on the one hand that's just so sweet that he loves Riki so much, but on the other hand it's a nightmare for Riki because it could make his imprisonment and suffering literally endless... I like your descriptions on human nature and how they are different from androids and how androids use that to domineer them as well, that makes the story more clearly situated in the futuristic, dystopian world of Amoy :) Very well-written chapter, this is more than just smut, it's got all of these truly interesting psychological and even existential dynamics as well, please update soon!!:D

Thank you so much, KimiDoll! :)

I’m glad you liked it. Riki (kind of) behaves for one day here. I don’t expect this will continue, and neither should Iason, but he wants it so much he’s forgetting, hence the forward thinking. Also, Iason thinks enjoying what Riki feels like, and Riki himself are two seperate prospects, and that he can keep them comparmentalised, but he can’t. That’s going to come as quite a surprise to him, even if he doesn’t realise it until the very end. And, yes… Riki really didn’t want to hear that. What an utterly awful thing, even to think about. Poor Riki. I don’t doubt that psychologically, he’s going to find a way to survive what Iason wants from him, but he’s never going to give up.

I’m glad you like those little mentions of the differences between machine and human, especially from Iason’s pov. Also glad you like the psychology. I wonder how Iason will deal with himself, when he realises he’s being driven by more than logic?

Btw, welcome to AFF – I’m so glad you came to follow the story here  :wub:

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

A couple of these to catch up with, with apologies for the lag:

From ANON - Dea on February 22, 2017

I love your story,  you must go on :D, I can´t wait for tne next chapter. Enserio, esta excelente. 

Thank you… the muse is very quiet at the moment, but as soon as it pays a visit, I will continue. I still have the plot very much in mind, and a chapter written in advance on this story, which always helps. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.