Click Here!

Black diamonds in stories

Guest mamak59

51 minutes ago, Hypnomaster87 said:

Nope nothing. Wish we could download stories. Be a big help. 

There is a possibility that the upgrade to php7 might have affected the way browsers read the encoding. The end goal is to convert everything to a standard encoding (utf8, if I’m not mistaken). However, given that we are an all-volunteer staff, and RL has been biting hard for most of us the past couple of years, it’s going to take a while for our tech admin to go through each story/chapter to manually convert the text to the proper format.

As to downloading of stories, as someone who mostly writes original content, I would strongly object to any such feature being added to the site. Personally, I think all plagiarists should be flayed, salted, rubbed with honey, and staked out atop a fire ant colony, but that’s me.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:46 PM, BronxWench said:

There is a possibility that the upgrade to php7 might have affected the way browsers read the encoding. The end goal is to convert everything to a standard encoding (utf8, if I’m not mistaken). However, given that we are an all-volunteer staff, and RL has been biting hard for most of us the past couple of years, it’s going to take a while for our tech admin to go through each story/chapter to manually convert the text to the proper format.

As to downloading of stories, as someone who mostly writes original content, I would strongly object to any such feature being added to the site. Personally, I think all plagiarists should be flayed, salted, rubbed with honey, and staked out atop a fire ant colony, but that’s me.

UTF-8 rocks, saying that as a coder.  You can’t tell the difference when it’s English, pretty minimal overhead in the related European languages, and able to handle all the languages.  Main drawback is if you’re dealing mostly in the asian languages, it’ll be a bit larger in file/data size than UTF-16.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.