Click Here!

This is a review exchange thread!

Haywire_Hakaze

Before we begin I'd like to say that I know there's another Review Exchange thread. It was a great idea but it needed some ground rules for it to work. That's why I'm starting this one.

Rule 1: For the first poster: To get your stories reviewed, post them-- all of them, in one post-- in the following format:

Title:

Genre/Group:

Summary:

Warnings:

Link:

If they are not in this format, it makes it difficult for people to know if they want to read it or not.

Rule 2: For posters after the first one: Leave a review on one of the stories above! Inane comments like "That's cool" or "I like it" are not enough. Give detail as to why you like it, or what can be improved. Only AFTER you give your review in a post here, can you list your stories to be reviewed. Again, you only have to review ONE of the stories before you list all of the stories you have. Also, don't forget to use the above format!

Note: You don't have to read the whole story, if it's a long one. You can say "I read up to chapter 2 (3, 4, whatever) and from what I've read (insert the review here)". If you like it from there on, you can continue reading but it's not a requirement.

Rule 3: If someone does not follow Rule 2, ignore them. For example:

Snapes_Tru_Fan lists her stories for review.

Hakoda_The_Great lists his stories for review.

KrimzonKrow reviews a story by Snapes_Tru_Fan (ignoring Hakoda_The_Great for breaking the rules) and then posts her

stories for review.

CloudRikkusLove reviews a story by KrimzonKrow and then posts his stories for review.

(Any usernames listed are made up for example purposes. If there is a username listed here that's in existence, it's pure coincidence and not an attack on anyone.)

Here's how you know if they didn't follow Rule 2. A copy of the review should be posted here, or at least a notification. For example, if you posted your stories and I read one, I would review as soon as I read it. If I felt like it, I could copy the review and post it in this thread before I put my own stories up for reading, or I could say "I reviewed "Insert Story Here" and I was logged in so you'll know it was me.

Basically, I only expect rulebreakers to be people who didn't read them in the first place. =) I hope that cleared things up, and I'll edit the Rules post to include this explanation.

Rule 4: Know the difference between helpful criticism and a flame. Choose your wording carefully, and be civil.

A helpful hint for this: If there's something wrong with the story, use the sandwich method. Say something good about it, then mention the bad element, and finish off with something good. This lets the author feel like you're being helpful, and not trying to go on the attack.

Have fun with this, guys. I hope it goes well.

Edited by Haywire_Hakaze

I'll start it off. I have four stories up for review, though I'd prefer if someone would read either Shut Up and Drive or Transmuting Romance: Redux.

Title: Shut Up and Drive

Genre/Group: Original Fiction - Male/Male

Summary: Jonathan had it all: looks, charm, wit, money. With his new prototype car, he was on top of the world. What happens when that car crashes and changes his life forever?

Warnings: Anal, Angst, D/s, HJ, Language, M/M, OC, Oral, WD, WIP, Yaoi

Link: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600097196

Title: A Demon's Lust, A Monk's Desire

Genre/Group: Inuyasha - Inuyasha/Miroku

Summary: His hand travelled away from the monk's neck and up into his hair. He snagged a fistful and jerked his head to the side to reveal his pale neck. "I still want it. I want to hear you scream. The thought of you, vulnerable and begging..."

Warnings: Anal, Angst, BP, D/s, Dom, Fet, Language, M/M, Oneshot, Oral, PWP, S&M, Tort, Violence, Yaoi

Link: http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600091947

Title: Transmuting Romance

Genre/Group: Fullmetal Alchemist - Het - Male/Female

Summary: What starts out as a simple mission from Mustang leads to complications for two alchemists. OFC/OMC

Warnings: Angst, H/C, M/F, OC, Oral, SH, WAFF, WIP

Link: http://anime2.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=544202224

Title: Transmuting Romance - Redux

Genre/Group: Fullmetal Alchemist - Het - Male/Female

Summary: Alchemists Cho and Tomo, the niece and nephew of Hughes and Mustang-- respectively on both parts-- travel Amestris for the good of the people. Along the way they learn things about themselves, and each other, that will change everything.

Warnings: Angst, H/C, M/F, OC, Oral, SH, Spank, WAFF, WIP

Link: http://anime2.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600022100

Edited by Haywire_Hakaze

How will we know if someone doesn't follow Rule 2?

A copy of the review should be posted here, or at least a notification. For example, if you posted your stories and I read one, I would review as soon as I read it. If I felt like it I could copy the review and post it in this thread before I put my own stories up for reading, or I could say "I reviewed Insert Story Here and I was logged in so you'll know it was me".

Basically, I only expect rulebreakers to be people who didn't read them in the first place. =) I hope that cleared things up, and I'll edit the Rules post to include this explanation.

Edited by Haywire_Hakaze

• 5 months later...

Um... None of the links to the stories work... and neither does the link to Haywire Hakaze's author page... and according to his profile, he hasn't been on this forum since July...

Perhaps someone else should start this up? This is a good idea and I hate to see it die just because the original poster suddenly yanked all his stories off the site.

• 2 weeks later...
Um... None of the links to the stories work... and neither does the link to Haywire Hakaze's author page... and according to his profile, he hasn't been on this forum since July...

Perhaps someone else should start this up? This is a good idea and I hate to see it die just because the original poster suddenly yanked all his stories off the site.

Yeah I cant get the story links to work either

So I will post mine

Title: ShinRa Shake Up

Genre/Group: Final Fantasty Fan Fic Male/Male

Summary: What happens when Rufus ShinRa is in a coma for over a year? When he wakes up, will he be the same man Reno loved a year ago or has Reno lost Rufus for good? What will happen to them? How does AVALANCHE play into all of this? And posisbly the most important question- Are sins ever really forgiven?

Warnings: Angst, Language, M/M, Yaoi in later chapters though mostly shonen-ai

Link: http://ff.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600081566

Wow, all my stories are gone. My account, too. That's... creepy. I never took them down. Ah, well. This is the first time the exchange thread has gotten a hit since I first posted it, which makes me happy enough.

• 11 months later...
Title: ShinRa Shake Up

Genre/Group: Final Fantasty Fan Fic Male/Male

Summary: What happens when Rufus ShinRa is in a coma for over a year? When he wakes up, will he be the same man Reno loved a year ago or has Reno lost Rufus for good? What will happen to them? How does AVALANCHE play into all of this? And posisbly the most important question- Are sins ever really forgiven?

Warnings: Angst, Language, M/M, Yaoi in later chapters though mostly shonen-ai

Link: http://ff.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600081566

Here's my review:

I'm not sure if I'm a good judge, when it comes to Final Fantasy fics-- I played the game (and Dirge of Cerberus) too long ago to remember anything vital about character personalities-- but I will say that I'm intrigued by what I read. Even if I thought the character's might be a bit OOC, I wouldn't be able to say there's any fault in it. A year has passed, after all, and many things have changed. Everyone's been traumatized and/or stressed by the entire thing, so they're going to act differently. I'm glad that Reno's not giving up, but I'm worried about Rufus's stability. and, on top of it all, just who could that mysterious stranger be? One of the triplets from the movie? I figured they'd be dead, but I thought that of Sephiroth and he just keeps popping up like a stubborn weed. A few typos, but nothing that would ruin the flow of the story and detract from it. Overall, I like where this is going.

I have four stories up for review, though I'd prefer if someone would read either Shut Up and Drive or Nights At The Twisted Dragon. Then again, No Strings Attached could use some love, too.

Genre/Group: Original Fiction > Drama > Slash - Male/Male

Summary: Jonathan Integra had it all. Looks, money, women falling at his feet. To top it all off, he owned a talking car. Jonathan did not know, however, that within the car was a secret. one that would change him forever.

Warnings: Anal, Angst, Bi, Bond, H/C, HJ, Lang, Nonc, M/M, M/F, S/M, WIP

Link: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600100307

Summary: His hand travelled away from the monk's neck and up into his hair. He snagged a fistful and jerked his head to the side to reveal his pale neck. "I still want it. I want to hear you scream. The thought of you, vulnerable and begging..."

Warnings: Anal, Angst, BP, D/s, Dom, Fet, Language, M/M, Oneshot, Oral, PWP, S&M, Tort, Violence, Yaoi

Link: http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095668

Title: Nights at the Twisted Dragon

Genre/Group: Inuyasha AU/AR > Het - Male/Female

Summary:Kagome and Sango were just two college dropouts, working at the best strip club in Yoshiwara, one of three Red Light Districts in Tokyo. They didn't expect things to be this complicated. Inu/Kag, Mir/San, Inu/Kik, Sess/Kag

Warnings: Angst, AU/AR, H/C, D/s, Language, M/F, Oral, SoloM, Spank, WIP

Link: http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095577

Title: No Strings Attached

Genre/Group: Games > A through F > Dungeons and Dragons

Summary: A night of binge drinking leads to a human monk and a lillend getting frisky between the sheets

Warnings: M/F, D/S, S/M, Bond, BP, PWP, WIP

Link: http://games.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600084635

Edited by Haywire_Hakaze

• 2 months later...
Guest MiriuOniaya

I reviewed Dresden Files: Collapse to your Needs~

I'm not looking for concrit, and though I love reviews, I'm not requiring one in return. I only write slash, and I know it's not everybody's cup of tea. Plus I have been having computer and internet trouble on and off since the end of '09, as well as suffered two data losses, resulting in a lack of motivation to write.

I have a handful of unfinished stories, and the few I've completed are some of my early works; not awful but not the best, lol. So, I shall put up my most recent and favorite story to write (It's WIP, I'm working on the next chapter now, it's been a while though) I mostly came in here for kicks. I like reviewing. Plus you never know what great story you may come across.

Title: Eden's Eclipse

Genre/Group: S through Z > Twilight Series > Slash - Male/Male

Summary:*An ancient people return in the form of a single boy.* Mainly Werewolves, some Vampires and Humans. Love stories, friendships, and foes.

Warnings: *WIP, OC* M/M, (Mentions of M+F relationship), Oral, Rim, Anal, Minor N/C

Link: http://books.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600094144

I know some of you are probably thinking; 'Ugh Twilight' but it's OCness to the max, with some of Meyer's characters having minor roles. It mostly just takes place in the Twilight universe. Feel free to choose one of my original stories instead, if you don't wish to read/review the one I listed. http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/author...p?no=1296850898

Edited by MiriuOniaya

• 1 month later...
I know some of you are probably thinking; 'Ugh Twilight'

Haha, guilty... But I haven't really read the books (yet; I'm fair, so I'll give them a chance eventually) so either way it's out for me.

I went ahead and read/reviewed "Silk". =D

Wow, this was lovely. Well, not 'lovely'. 'Hot' is more like it, I suppose. I've always been a fan of third-person omniscient, so anything that gives me the views and thoughts from all the important characters pretty much has me to begin with. Then there's the actual story itself, and the people involved in the sex. I'll admit, I read some incest every once in a while-- mainly twincest-- but I'm not crazy about it, so I'm glad it wasn't featured here. However, I do have a kind of kink for siblings sharing a lover, and this suited my fancy just fine. I found Noah to be absolutely adorable, so I'm glad that he got what he wanted in the end. All in all, this was an entertaining read and I wish you luck with your Eden's Eclipse. But I'm curious... you mentioned that you were tempted to call this Swirling Shades of Blue. Any reason behind it?

I have four stories up for review, though I'd prefer if someone would read either Shut Up and Drive or its sequel Damaged. Then again, No Strings Attached could use some love, too, and I'd actually recommend it for someone who prefers het. Of course, you have to know a bit about Dungeons and Dragons (or simply type "lillend" into google search foran image of one, lol).

Genre/Group: Original Fiction > Drama > Slash - Male/Male

Summary: Jonathan Integra had it all. Looks, money, women falling at his feet. To top it all off, he owned a talking car. Jonathan did not know, however, that within the car was a secret. one that would change him forever.

Warnings: Anal, Angst, Bi, Bond, H/C, HJ, Lang, Nonc, M/M, M/F, S/M, WIP

Link: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600100307

Link: http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095668

Title: Nights at the Twisted Dragon

Genre/Group: Inuyasha AU/AR > Het - Male/Female

Summary:Kagome and Sango were just two college dropouts, working at the best strip club in Yoshiwara, one of three Red Light Districts in Tokyo. They didn't expect things to be this complicated. Inu/Kag, Mir/San, Inu/Kik, Sess/Kag

Warnings: Angst, AU/AR, H/C, D/s, Language, M/F, Oral, SoloM, Spank, WIP

Link: http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095577

Title: No Strings Attached

Genre/Group: Games > A through F > Dungeons and Dragons

Summary: A night of binge drinking leads to a human monk and a lillend getting frisky between the sheets

Warnings: M/F, D/S, S/M, Bond, BP, PWP, WIP

Link: http://games.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600084635

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
<br /><b>Title: </b> Shut Up and Drive<br />Which one did you want to be review? I would like to try this exchange review thing<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You can read and review any story that catches your interest, out of the ones listed. =) It doesn't have to be one that I prefer. If something catches your eye, check it out. XD then, once you've reviewed something, post your stories here and someone else will do the same for you.

• 3 months later...

I just reviewed Haywire_Hakaze's 'No Strings Attached' - (I logged in, you'll see which was mine)

I must admit, my preferred fandom is not very big on slash or graphic content (even though the fans all appear to think the men are pretty hot). So I understand if you haven't heard of it. It's the story of a rich ranching family in California in the 1870's and you can find episodes of The Big Valley on Hulu and youtube if you're interested.

my stories I'm linking here for review are the following (but review the other ones if you'd like!):

Title: Closer Than Brothers

Genre/Group: television > A thru F > Big Valley, The

Summary: A dinner guest leads brothers Nick and Jarrod to discover new things about each other.

Warnings: anal, Bi, DP, F/M/M, HJ, incest, lang, M/M, oral, PWP, voy

Link: http://tv.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095429

Title: Initiation

Genre/Group: television > A thru F > Big Valley, The

Summary: A two-part story about young Jarrod Barkley's first sexual experiences, set in about 1857.

Warnings: soloM, M/F, OC, oral, PWP

Link: http://tv.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095845

Is this thread still active??? It does not appear to have activity for months aside from yesterdays post. I will try to read and review latest poster this weekend.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

@cowgirl65 - hrm those links go to haywire's stories. I will go through your author's page to r&r.

Edited by kisakimiko

Hi I have reviewed cowgirl65 Closer than Brothers.

Title: Dead Warmed Over

Genre/Group: Books > Southern Vampire

Summary: Eric and Sookie pairing after end of book ten. Eric is full of fairy blood and feeling it's effects.

Warnings: oral, general spoilers through book ten

Link: http://books.adultfa...hp?no=600094656

Working on a lot of editing. I can not believe all the obvious mistakes that were there. I should use a beta. I was going to redo the whole story but I think I can get by on editing and not starting over.

Edited by kisakimiko

Reviewed, and sorry if I sound harsh. It's a good start if you plan to expand on it but on it's own isn't half bad either.

Oh thank you :) I don't mind concrit at all, I don't think it was harsh one bit. I do think you are brave to leave it, I always feel bad and try to just say something vague. This is way more helpful.

True Blood is indeed based off the books, but very loosely, in the TV series Eric and Sookie are still friends and they are only about through book 3 but have jumped ahead with some of the plotlines. As of book four through ten Eric and Sookie have a much closer relationship which may be why she seems a bit out of her TV character.

Still arguing in my head about the sex scenes. They are always very brief and not very graphic in the books (unlike the HBO version)... but this is AFF and I need to find a way to step up the sex and keep them in their book characters.

I left a review for you and rly enjoyed the story. It was easy to read and follow even when I did not know the fandom.

I have just reviewed cowgirl65's story "Initiation"(and plan to do at least one more soon), so please count me in! :) From the stories I've seen listed so far I understand that there may not be many cartoon fans following this thread, but that's why I started with a short one then with "The Simpson" (since it's such a popular show).

Title: The Eager Surrogate

Genre/Group: Cartoon > G through L > Hey Arnold!

Summary: Phoebe leads Helga in an exercise to help the distraught girl finally reveal her feelings to Arnold. But maybe the shy little girl really just wants to express some hidden feelings of her own. (It's pretty short.)

Warnings: COMPLETE, f/f, Minor, Oral

Link: http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600092553

Title: Cheeky Girl

Genre/Group: Cartoon > S through Z > Simpsons

Summary: Springfield's most-treacherous little girl Jessica discovers Lisa's shameful bum fetish and uses it to her advantage. Will Lisa be exposed, or can one naughty cancel out another?

Warnings: Bi, COMPLETE, Contro, f/f, Fet, HJ, loli, m/f/f, Minor, Oral, Other, Rim, Rom, SoloF

Link: http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600092647

Title: Cakewalk on the Catwalk

Genre/Group: Cartoon > S through Z > Strawberry Shortcake

Summary: Strawberry worries about Angel Cake, who is obviously suffering but shutting her out; Meanwhile her cat (talking) Custard is growing more distant at the same time too. Is there a connection? To top it all off, Ginger Snap is on the verge of a mental breakdown. And how much is Strawberry willing to give up to help the ones she loves?

Warnings: Beast, COMPLETE, D/A, f/f, Fingering, loli, Minor2, Moresome, Oneshot, Oral, Rom

Link: http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600092837

Title: Dead Warmed Over

Genre/Group: Books > Southern Vampire

Summary: Eric and Sookie pairing after end of book ten. Eric is full of fairy blood and feeling it's effects.

Warnings: oral, general spoilers through book ten

Link: http://books.adultfa...hp?no=600094656

New edits, hope I caught a lot of the things that were wrong with it. I would love additional comments after the edits. I don't expect re-reviews but if you feel like giving your two cents on the improvements I would appreciate it. Also I changed the rating it is probably much more Adult than Adult+

Happy Writing.

AND : What do you think of a concrit thread/circle??? That way we could be more detailed in our improvement suggestions and have good dialog over how to go about evolving and editing our work?

I've written a couple more reviews (for kisakimiko's chapter 2 of "Dead Warmed Over" and for Ulforce Diizoid's "Dresden Files: Collapse to your Needs.") so I'll add to my list the story I finished yesterday:

Title: The Dark Side of the Bright Side

Genre/Group: Misc Cartoons > General: Ruby Gloom

Summary: To make ends meet, Ruby Gloom and her friends are forced work the streets as prostitutes, under Skullboy's protection. But from whom do they really need protection the most? To make things worse, even the nicest gestures only seem to invite tragedy. All the while Ruby struggles to remain optimistic and strong.

Warnings: Abuse, Anal, BDSM, Bi, Challenge, COMPLETE, DP, F/F, H/C, lang, loli, M/F, Minor, Moresome, Oral, Other, Tort

Link: The Dark Side of the Bright Side

On another note, I wonder how to get more authors involved in this thread? I guess it is a basic forum involvement issue.

You may always feel free to post a "link" (they have to copy-pate) in your archive profile to any topic you would like to promote in the forums. Also, in your AN in your chapters, you can post "links" - many do this to link to their review response topics. (I haven't looked at your stories so I don't know if you are one who does.)

Huh, this seems interesting. I have to read the OP carefully because I still don't quite grasp how this works, but I'll see if anything posted here catches my eye. I'll try to review even if it's not something I'd ordinarily read, to encourage others to do the same.

I agree, and I would encourage reading and reviewing outside of your fandom/style as well. There are not a whole lot of authors on the forums compared to the stories published and it may take years to find a story on this thread in your preferred genres. It is also good for a writer to read a little outside the box, it can offer you insight to your own work and introduce you to new scenarios. I agree that some are going to be too far from your preferences to get through, but I am willing to bet that there are many that are not.

You may always feel free to post a "link" (they have to copy-pate) in your archive profile to any topic you would like to promote in the forums. Also, in your AN in your chapters, you can post "links" - many do this to link to their review response topics. (I haven't looked at your stories so I don't know if you are one who does.)

I see, I can understand why the archives don't have active links. I will have to try it and see if people use the copy pasta :)