Click Here!

Can't Log In

Guest Rosalind_Hawkins

Guest Rosalind_Hawkins

I signed up for my account and received the activation email. I followed the link and activated my account. I cleared the cache/cookies from my browser, and then attempted to log in using the "Log In" page, where you enter the information in the center of the screen. I clicked the button instead of using the "Enter" key, but I can't make anything work. I followed all the directions, and I've tried it different ways, and I still can't log in, and I'm getting really frustrated. :/ Can someone please help me?

Guest Rosalind_Hawkins

I'm trying to, and I'm getting no response from the website. The page just reloads. It doesn't say that I'm logged in and it doesn't say that I entered anything incorrectly. Nothing I do seems to work.

Can you list the steps you're taking? I know that sounds silly, but sometimes, when you step it out, it helps identify where the issue is for me, since I don't have direct database access.

I do show you as registered, but from what I can see, the system doesn't show you as having actually logged in, so you're not mistaken there. What I can't tell is where it's failing. My best guesses would be that you weren't using the upper right hand fields, or that there was an issue with the password. It needs to be at least 8 letters or numbers long, no special characters allowed, and it's case sensitive, so any capital letter used when creating it needs to always be used. Finally, make sure your browser has third party cookies enabled, since the site does set cookies.

Bear with us, and we'll figure this out.

Guest Rosalind_Hawkins

Okay, since I tried following the directions for updating to the "new system" and that failed, I haven't been erasing all of my browser's cookies before trying to login like that set of directions said to.

First I go to the home-page and confirm that I'm old enough to be on the website (when it asks). I enter the full email I used for signing up (in the "name@domain.com" format). Then I enter the password, and while I have multiple passwords, I do a good job of keeping track of them, so I know I don't have the wrong one. I type it in and sometimes I click the "Login" button, and sometimes I hit the "Enter" key. Neither work for me. The information is entered, but the page just reloads with no difference to it.

The existing user directions wouldn't work in this case, so that wouldn't need to be pursued.

Just for the sake of trying it, can you erase the cookies and clear the cache and browsing history, close your browser all the way, restart it, and try logging in using the upper right hand fields?

If this doesn't work, I'll need to ask our tech admin for a bit of guidance, since I can't see what's happening within the database itself. (Only she has that access to protect the data.)

Guest Rosalind_Hawkins

If I logged in for the first time in a different browser, would I still be able to login normally in my main browser without all of those measures? It's just that erasing my cookies is a huge annoyance that I would prefer to avoid if at all possible because I have to log back in to at least a half dozen websites otherwise. And I already did that this week.

Guest Rosalind_Hawkins

Okay, I tried clearing all of the history, cache, and cookies (from a browser I don't often use), restarted it, and tried logging in using the fields in the upper right-hand corner, and nothing changed. No log-in, no real response from the site at all.

Guest Rosalind_Hawkins

Okay, I tried clearing all of the history, cache, and cookies (from a browser I don't often use), restarted it, and tried logging in using the fields in the upper right-hand corner, and nothing changed. No log-in, no real response from the site at all.

If I logged in for the first time in a different browser, would I still be able to login normally in my main browser without all of those measures? It's just that erasing my cookies is a huge annoyance that I would prefer to avoid if at all possible because I have to log back in to at least a half dozen websites otherwise. And I already did that this week.

You can clear only AFF cookies, if you search your browser's cookies. I do that routinely, when I wind up with a corrupted cookie string. It's not uncommon to have that occur.

However, if you're unable to access the account even from another browser, there is something else going on. I'm going to pass this along to our tech admin, in the hopes she can see something I'm not able to access.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.