Click Here!

I don't think I've raged so hard in a long time.

DarkInuLord

Naraku/Kagome [Fics: 46]

InuYasha/Sango [Fics: 43]

Self explanatory enough?

You know, I think I'll rant a little about this, because I think I just realized why it is.

Inuyasha fanfiction writers are primarily female. Fact.

Pairing containing Kagome have more stories than stories containing other female characters, no matter which guy is with Kagome.

Now this may not be true, but it's just some speculation on the subject. The writers think of themselves as the Kagome type, almost always writing her as an innocent virgin, etc. Thus, the writers will write stories with Kagome in them, but not other females.

Thus, comparing the amount of stories without Kagome, to the amount of stories WITH Kagome... Kagome wins by a few hundred while other pairings are left out to collect dust. (For example...)

InuYasha/Kikyo [Fics: 14]

InuYasha/Rin [Fics: 2]

InuYasha/Sango [Fics: 43]

OH... OH MY GOD... I JUST NOTICED.

Sesshōmaru/Kagome [Fics: 797]

InuYasha/Kagome [Fics: 793]

I hate fangirls... I hate fangirls...

:: Rocks back and forth trying to pretend that this never happened, that he didn't see the worst pairing ever invented pass up Inuyasha/Kagome... ::

Edited by DarkInuLord

:unsure:

Maybe all of us not-Sess/Kag fans should ban together and start writing fics collectively so we can pump out more in shorter periods of time, thus upping the amount of our desired pairing. That's really the only solution I can see to making a difference. Because, really, if we're going to complain about the ratio of Inu/Kag to Sess/Kag fics or lack of other females being written as main characters, then we should certainly be doing something about it...

I agree.

But the sad thing is I just can't think of an original story line for Inuyasha/Kagome at the moment. >> Though I do have some ideas for other Inuyasha/Girl stories... An Inuyasha/Rin and and Inuyasha/Shiori is in my head. >>

I'll try to think of stories for Inuyasha/Kagome though! Maybe a few of us should get together, and exchange requests/challenges, things they'd like to read, so that we can pump out more stories even if we don't have ideas of our own.

Complaining about fan-girl made pairings? Believe me, I know what that`s like. I write in the Naruto Fandom and it`s unbelievably hard to find stories about the pairings I like. There`s like 4 or 5 yaoi stories for every het fic (and I don`t think there are THAT much gay writers in there, but rather a bunch of yaoi-crazed fangirls obsessed with the Naruto-Sasuke pairing in high school), and while I`m not homophobic at all, I feel someone should tell them `ENOUGH ALREADY! How about you write something new we haven`t seen yet?

But, on a different note, maybe I should start writing in the Inuyasha fandom. I know I never really saw the anime through, but that can be changed. At least I know I`d write about Sango (don`t know much about her, but she`s so HOT!) rather than Kagome. Yeah, she`s the main character and all, but I can`t stand her.

You might want want to keep this particular category in mind.... :unsure:

General [Fics: 2164]

Look at it this way. Once we finished sorting the General section in the Buffy subdomain (which started at 2600 stories there), the General category now contains 53 stories. You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to move their stories around within a subdomain. Particularly after a sub category (or sub sub category) has been created for where their story actually belongs.

So, in the meantime, wading is your option. yuck. In the other meantime, I wish I COULD write creatively. I'd help ya guys in making more NOT Kagome stories. Blech.

But the sad thing is I just can't think of an original story line for Inuyasha/Kagome at the moment. >> Though I do have some ideas for other Inuyasha/Girl stories... An Inuyasha/Rin and and Inuyasha/Shiori is in my head. >>

Hah. I don't think there's anything original out there anymore... But I think that an old idea with a good twist that's well written would go over well. I haven't written anything about other pairings simply because I just haven't thought of an idea for them that I like yet.

So, in the meantime, wading is your option. yuck. In the other meantime, I wish I COULD write creatively. I'd help ya guys in making more NOT Kagome stories. Blech.

Even if you can't write creatively, I'm sure that you could give input! Sometimes people who don't take part in the writing process have the best ideas :unsure:

I've read through some of the challenges (before on the archive and also here), but I've never been interested in any of them, simply because they were too...general, I guess. Maybe a thread should be started in the challenges section for writing "to spec" non-Sess/Kags stories where people give tight length, subject, pairing, and ending requirements. Hell, maybe you should just challenge each other. That could be kind of interesting. I'm sure that with all the talent in this fandom you could pull it off.

I would include myself in this, but not only do I not think I'm good enough to do it, I'm also a little hesitant about my abilities to ever pull off a pairing other than Inu/Kags (unless, of course, the right idea presented itself, I suppose...).

So...who's going first? :D

Hey, I just submitted that second Inuyasha/Rin story. Give that section some love. :D

I agree, though. The Inu/Kag; Sessh/Kag; */Kag pairings are annoying. Oh look...another story in which Kagome loses her purity to an uncaring-cum-soft-hearted demon. Although, IMO, the AU pairings are even worse.

Kagome is a highschool girl destined to become prom queen [or valedictorian, whatever] and Inuyasha is the bad ass with a heart of gold. When she's attacked by the mean girls of the school, what will happen?

Except with less grammar...

cu, give some challenges! :errm:

Dark, why aren't you writing that Inu/Rin or Inu/Shiori story you have in your head?! I would post a challenge for you to write it, but I can't really give you plot or anything, since you already seem to have one, loose or not.

Write it!! :hiya:please?

• 1 year later...

Okay, I'll admit that I am a Sess/Kag writer (don't kill me) but I don't really think its fair to group all those stories as fangirling stories. For instance, this story is my FIRST InuYasha fanfiction, but I also wrote a oneshot that is...well... I guess its General... Its a darkfic. >.< And my next one is going to be and InuYasha/KAg fic, and I have a Shippo/ Rin, and a Shippo/Souten idea coming up in the future...

So it's not all fangirls... There are some of us who are writing the story for the challenge of it

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.