Click Here!

MAJOR software update

Hey, George.

They've been read only since 2012, when we began to roll out the archive updates. The profile bios were not editable, and it was no longer possible to add anything to the recommended reading section.

We will get stats back on the profile page. It's just a lesser priority than making sure people can access, add, and edit the stories themselves.

Patience, padawan...

For searching, until we get this bug worked out, do it this way:

go to google

in the searchbar

site: subdomain.adult-fanfiction.org (where subdomain is the domain you want to search, i.e. books, buffy, anime) and then your search terms

No Story-Stats on Profile Page?

I used to use this page:

8ea0bf485963200.jpg

to quickly reference my story-stats, but as of today’s update, it no longer works. So, I went looking for the new version, which I can only assume is this:

729a06485963232.jpg

Only to find that it doesn’t display any story-stats at all, like it does in the actual story lists:

24a4ac485963472.jpg

So, am I missing something here, or do I really need to trawl through the story lists now in order to see the stats on each of my stories? Because if so, I gotta say that’s a pretty big step backwards in terms of user convenience from where I sit.

Check your profile now. Our coder, now that the tags have been migrated to their new separate field, was able to complete the reintegration of stats in the profiles.

As I've said to others innumerable times, patience, young padawan.

I didn't think this was worthy of a new tech support post so... As of a few days ago the archive story listings shows the misspelling Conntent Tags for each story. (The extra N in the middle is for Niiiice upgrade! I think. :))

Also, if this layout isn't final and you're looking for input then I'd add 2¢ worth of suggested tweaks, but no big changes by any stretch. It looks good the way it is, and putting emphasis on the content tags' placement is a great idea.

Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication throughout the years to make this place the awesome haven it is. :hugs:

FairySlayer the layout is not completely final, for now we have put site functions and new code being compatible with future versions of php and mysql as well as eliminating any remaining old code bits floating around. The last core functions before we can run a full cleaning on the archives file system is the new search engine and the review system. Once the file system cleanup is done, tweaking the layout can commence. feel free to pm me any suggestions you may have.

Guest Lomonaaeren

Hi, I'm currently having a problem updating the details on a story I just completed. When I went to "Edit Details," it showed me a completely blank form, as if I would have to input title, summary, and disclaimer all over again. When I tried to do that, it wouldn't let me select a category for the story- there's simply no way to click it, no list of categories appears- and then told me that I couldn't update details without selecting a category. I tried to add a story and the same thing is happening- the other fields appear, but there's no list of categories appearing under either the main or the subCategory. This is under the Harry Potter section. Is this a known issue?

Hi, Lomonaaeren!

Can you give me a link to the story? I'll see if I can duplicate the issue. I just tried now, and I can see the list of categories, and can select from them.

Guest Lomonaaeren

Hi, Lomonaaeren!

Can you give me a link to the story? I'll see if I can duplicate the issue. I just tried now, and I can see the list of categories, and can select from them.

It's apparently fixed itself; I did a few forced refreshes, closed and reopened the browser, and now it's working. Thank you for the suggestions.