Click Here!

How do you check for plagarism

n30

So after reading several threads, I am starting to get that plagiarism is an occasional problem for writers even writers of fanfiction. I am curious how do you guys go about finding plagiarism beyond just the natural google search?

Is it through fans? Do you use a plagiarism checker? Like http://www.copyscape.com/compare.php or https://www.paperrater.com/ ?

P.S. I am not sure if the suggestions place is the best place to have a discussion about this. If you admins or mods know of a better one, then feel free to move this discussion.

Edited by n30

As one who assists in this area, I will state publicly that, no, we will not give examples. The resources we employ depend on the nature of the plagiarism. We take the accusations and the proof with great seriousness. If you'd like to assist in this area, I recommend that you IM DemonGoddess directly to become part of the staff. :)

• 11 months later...
Guest TressaRBolton

That's truly easy to find plagiarism parts, because there are lots of different programs that can detect them. But if you doubt, you can easily go to another writing service and ask them to mark by special proofreading symbols the parts, where we can find plagiarism. Nothing can be easier!

2 hours ago, Guest TressaRBolton said:

That's truly easy to find plagiarism parts, because there are lots of different programs that can detect them. But if you doubt, you can easily go to another writing service and ask them to mark by special proofreading symbols the parts, where we can find plagiarism. Nothing can be easier!

While it’s true there are programs that can assist in detecting plagiarism, it’s not our only tool, nor is it ever as simple as merely identifying identical text. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.