Click Here!

Not receiving activation e-mail

Guest WolfHowl

Guest WolfHowl

Tried to register using my Hotmail address. I signed up around 7:30 this morning and it is now almost 8:45 and still have not received an activation e-mail. Is this normal? Is there another way I can activate the e-mail account?

Just to make sure, are you trying to sign up for the Archive, or the Forum?

If you are signing up for the archive, double check your spam folders, and that your email isn't blocking the email coming from our site. If you have checked that and not found anything, please come back later in the day, when our archive moderators have had a chance to take a look at this, and they can advice you better than I can.

If you are on the other hand signing up for the forum, an archive account is required for registration, unless you follow the steps to sign up as a reader only. Forum registration is validated by our forum admin, and does not (to the best of my knowledge) require activation through email.

Guest WolfHowl

I was signing up for the archive....but only as also wanted to sign up for the forum as well...though granted also as only a reader. So maybe I should check out what is required to register on forum as reader only...as have checked spam folders etc and still nothing :(

Yes, that's the email I used, and it was returned to me.

Can you add the following emails to your contact list/address book? tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org and anonymous@affnet.nexcess.net

The first email is the staff email here, which I tried to use to contact you, and the second is the address that would generate the activation email. Your internet service provider or mail client might be blocking us. Your spam filters might be flat-out blocking us, and the auto-email for activation won't return an error like the staff account.

And once again, the mail is being returned undelivered. The exact error is "550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable" and I'm not sure why that's coming up if you can otherwise receive mail at that email address.

Is there another email address you use that we could try?

That's not working, either. The error I get is: Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (t1mber0lf73@yahoo.com)

I'm honestly not sure what's going on here. I'm inclined to think our site is being blocked, perhaps by your spam filters. Are you able to receive other emails at either of these email addresses?

Guest WolfHowl

Ok....just looked over everything and seems that the Hotmail one is wanting to use outlook so maybe try WolfHowl73@outlook.com

Sorry...that one is a very new address (only a few days old) and had yet to send or receive any e-mail there so hadn't realized there was a problem with it. Seems there is also some sort of problem with the yahoo one....when I tried logging in this morning gave me an odd message about verifying it was me as there had been 'unusual account activity' whatever that means.

Sorry for all the problems and I do thank you for trying. See I get soo much spam when using e-mails to sign up for sites/forums etc. that I now try to keep separate e-mails for things....one just for friends/family and I have several for signing up onto sites, as they get filled with spam. Then when there is too much spam that I can't find the activation info I create a new account.

In any case....the WolfHowl one should work now (I think) as I just sent a test e-mail out to that one and it went through.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.