Click Here!

Cannot edit or add stories

I was trying to update one of my stories, and found out that I cannot edit my stories. I'm using Chrome under Windows 7, and I've checked it both with and without plugins. After I logged-in, I went into the Author Panel, and clicked "edit" under the Cartoon section (where all my stories belong). That led me to a new page, which was empty. Sans the navigation toolbars, etc, it was empty. As I said, I tired it both with and without any plugins that hide ads and scripts. Shouldn't I be able to, you know, edit my stories there? I cannot also add my stories - the same thing occurs.

It would appear that you are not logged in. Did you use the fields in the upper right hand corner to log in? The center fields will not log you in once you've activated the account, and in fact will produce an empty page like the one you're getting.

It would appear that you are not logged in. Did you use the fields in the upper right hand corner to log in? The center fields will not log you in once you've activated the account, and in fact will produce an empty page like the one you're getting.

Of course I have logged in! How else could I post a story that I wanted to edit later?

Wait... are you telling me that there are TWO different logins on this website?

Wait, what the hell is going on? It tells me I'm not registered, except I am. Explanation, please?

Just to be sure, I logged out, changed the password and logged in again, via the center fields. Still cannot do anything with the stories.

Edited by nautiscarader

And that would be your problem. As BronxWench said, logging in with the center login boxes will result in an empty page like the one you're seeing.

The center login boxes are only to be used when signing up and activating your account. After that, you need to use the login boxes in the upper right hand corner. I am almost certain this is stated in the instructions that you get when signing up for the site.

So, what you need to try now, is to log out again, clear cookies and cache, (and in the case of some browsers, shut down and reopen the browser) and then try to log in again using the upper right hand corner login boxes.

But, since you say you changed your password, did you change it to a new password, or did you try to use the same one again? Because if you used the same password again, then that blanks the field and you'll need the archive mods to help you with that.

Willow Darkling, Forum Moderator.

Of course I have logged in! How else could I post a story that I wanted to edit later?

Wait... are you telling me that there are TWO different logins on this website?

Wait, what the hell is going on? It tells me I'm not registered, except I am. Explanation, please?

Just to be sure, I logged out, changed the password and logged in again, via the center fields. Still cannot do anything with the stories.

You ARE registered. You're just not logging in properly.

There's only one way to log in: the upper right hand fields.

Passwords are case sensitive, must be 8 letter or numbers long, and no special characters are allowed. If you try to reset your password using the old password, it blanks the field, and you'll need to reset the password again.

And that would be your problem. As BronxWench said, logging in with the center login boxes will result in an empty page like the one you're seeing.

The center login boxes are only to be used when signing up and activating your account. After that, you need to use the login boxes in the upper right hand corner. I am almost certain this is stated in the instructions that you get when signing up for the site.

So, what you need to try now, is to log out again, clear cookies and cache, (and in the case of some browsers, shut down and reopen the browser) and then try to log in again using the upper right hand corner login boxes.

But, since you say you changed your password, did you change it to a new password, or did you try to use the same one again? Because if you used the same password again, then that blanks the field and you'll need the archive mods to help you with that.

Willow Darkling, Forum Moderator.

Oh, for the love of....

yes, I used the same one. Please tell the Archive mods to undo the thing that I did, so I can do that one thing that users of your website might want to do without contacting the entire administrator team.

I really don't want to sound ungrateful, since I really appreciate the time you take, but there is a reason why people are moving to AO3...

Actually, we can no longer access your password information. Our tech admin can, or you can reset it. I would recommend that you reset the password, since her work schedule (real life) has been brutal of late - upwards of 80 hours a week some weeks.

We understand it can be frustrating, but in most cases, people are changing a password because they can't remember their old password. I'm quite sure it never occurred to Apollo to mention in the FAQ that one cannot reuse a password. I'll ask to have that spelled out more clearly in the FAQ, however.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.