Click Here!

Prince in Training - Review Responses

pippychick

Yay! I'm so glad you could finally post it! You already know I love the first couple of chapters and now I have a way to tell you that in a review! Can't wait for more. :D

For Chapter 1:

A wonderful beginning, ominous and terrifying. I can only imagine what was going through their minds, although I do believe Thranduil would have been that calm when facing death. He's far too strong-willed to panic.

But this line: "The ticking of the clock of eternity, echoed in the rhythms of body and breath: a miracle he had preserved against the greed of time." Just gorgeous! What a perfect sentence!

You are both masterful writers and it shows in this brilliant collaboration.

For Chapter 2:

Ah, Legolas, so innocent and so eager to please, and look where it brings you... Thranduil is simply sublimely dominant.

This line: "And he knew he had been claimed and broken and remade by the very elf who had created him." I am just breathless with how perfect this is, and I'm entirely hooked on this story.

For Chapter 3:

Poor fragile Legolas, so much unsaid and unknown, except for how bereft the rescue left him feeling. He absolutely broke my heart in this chapter. Right here: "...a wordless plea for comfort, or reassurance, or love. Anything. “I hurt,” Legolas told him, feeling desolate."

Thranduil is truly a predator as well as a king, and a father. What Legolas thinks he wants may be more difficult than he expects. For all the tenderness Thranduil shows at the end of this chapter, that isn't what awaits Legolas, if he continues down this path.

For Chapter 4:

And it seems the pretty prince has become a willing and eager participant. Of course, Thranduil is still just playing a little, wonderfully cruel and dominant elf that he is. I think this line is the perfect description of Thranduil: "Thranduil gave a low, satisfied rumble in his chest, like nothing more than a savage hunting cat surveying the helpless mouse it had entrapped." That is precisely the place where Thranduil is at home, and I do wonder how Legolas will enjoy being the mouse.

This is so beautifully written, and I find myself getting lost in the music of the words. You write so seamlessly together, and I'm madly in love with this story. I can only hope it's the first of your joint wonders, because I'd love to see more!

Wow, Bronx I don't know what to say. Thank you so much for all of these wonderful words! I am sure TAFKAB will reply too, but I love to get your responses. They make my day, every single time :)

It occurred to both of us that Thranduil and Legolas, as characters, were just perfect together, and so we wanted to write something to capture that. We have plans and plots in store for these two. And quite a bit of playtime if Thranduil has anything to do with it. He's definitely driving in this relationship... at least, so far...

For myself, it's very satisfying to write a story featuring them away from The Teacher, because I do think they deserve something that revolves around them.

Legolas is innocent, and he doesn't really know what awaits him. And yet, I don't feel he is easily put off or frightened. He does go out fighting spiders, after all. He trusts Thranduil very much, and though I'm quite sure there are going to be a few rebellious moments along the way, and some surprises, I promise we won't hurt either of them. When we let them go again, they'll be happy. :D

We haven't collaborated on anything else so far, but I did write TAFKAB's Gimli and Legolas, and TAFKAB has written my version of Elrond in a very dominant roleplay that is incredibly hot. Soon, I will make TAFKAB post it here. *nudges TAFKAB*

Pippy/Dafdes has kindly posted your comments in, so I won't repeat.... but I do want to thank you and to tell you this: you are the best commenter, like, ever. Every time you send a comment, it makes me glow like an elf. You have raised commenting to an art form; your remarks are little gems that hang like a necklace on the fic and make me feel SO GOOD. X-D

I feel so inarticulate trying to answer them. "Uh, thanks, k, wow, uh, that was so nice." But they're artworks all their own and when I see one, I just wind up wriggling and beaming and not knowing how to respond properly. :-)

I also love how you have such insights into the plot and characterization in these comments; how you see the potential and guess at what we're doing. It gives me evil ideas. X-D

Thank you so much, and as always I am excited to have you in the audience and to know we're making you happy. ^_^

TAFKAB

Edited by TAFKAB

I'm sorry, I know I'm totally spamming you with reviews this afternoon but I'll be damned if I try to review on anything other than the PC.

(Chapter 1) Okay so I loved how you set up the chance for something to happen between Legolas and Thranduil by trapping them in the cavern, nothing like thinking you're going to die to make you do something you'd not normally do.

(Chapter 2) Of course the smex was hot but have to wonder how their relationship will change once they don't think they're going to die and have to go out and face the world with the knowledge of what they've done.

(Chapter 3) I could feel Legolas's anguish in this chapter and it made me hate Thranduil just a bit even though I understand where he's coming from. I just wish he'd have talked to Legolas a bit instead of throwing a party and then to try to bully him when he finally sought out his father for reassurance was just mean. I really love the way you've portrayed Legolas at the start of this, sort of sweet, innocent and unsure of himself but I hope that changes a little as he grows confident in his ability to please his father. ;)

(Chapter 4) And Thranduil redeems himself in my eyes. I like how he explains why he shouldn't continue with Legolas and that he feels like he's taken something from him, shows he's not the bully he tried (or pretended?) to be in the last chapter. And once again the hotness that is Legolas and Thranduil together! And the sweetness that is Legolas assuring his father that he isn't a monster... *sighs* Just lovely.

You guys are doing such a great job with this, I can't wait for more!

CL

Wow! Thank you so much, CL! :)

I'll try and give a coherent response to all of this. What an amazing review!

(Chapter 1) Well, we had options, but in the end, Thranduil's clear obsession with wine could not be ignored. Expanding the wine cellar? Yeah, that sounds like him. Lol, seriously, we had to use a trope for this, and forced proximity mixed with a near death scare won out.

(Chapter 2) Yes. On the surface, it seems Thranduil finds it easier to face. But who knows what's going off inside his head? *g*

(Chapter 3) Okay, so I can't speak for TAFKAB, but I think Thranduil was assuming Legolas would want to forget all about it. Especially since he was necking that wine like water. When Legolas appeared in his room, it startled him, and he fell back into a role he knows well, hence all the Dom instructions. But then, when Legolas embraced him, it melted his heart. How could it not?

As for Legolas, I definitely see him as quite capable of embarking on this, even though he hasn't got a clue what is coming. It will be a journey for him, knowing how kinky Thranduil is, but he won't be damaged by it. For me, he's still quite playful, and that will come out at times.

(Chapter 4) Thranduil does love Legolas very much, as his son, and he's still aggrieved that his actions have damaged him forever. But, as Legolas said here, the door is open and cannot be easily shut. Legolas does not intend to allow it to be shut on him, for all that Thranduil considers himself the dominant partner. Maybe the silly elven King is fooling himself there too? Maybe there is a bit of both going on? Oohh... maybe... ;)

Again, thank you, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story. We are well in front, so will be posting more in a few days :)

Edited by dafdes

I'm sorry I'm so slow, CL! I'm at a very busy time on my job-- and writing so much is eating all my time that doesn't go to the job!

1. Ohhhh we had fun with this. There's a certain odd erotic quality to suffocation/drowning, and we hoped that would feed into the breath-sharing parts. :-)

2. Is it weird that I think the relationship they're developing now is actually, in some ways, healthier and more emotionally satisfying than the one they have in The Hobbit movies? Maybe I'm just weird.... but it's definitely a more loving and communicative bond. X-D

3. Thranduil is basically an extremely messed-up dude. He's got an ego so huge and powerful it could make William Shatner's ego quiver in a corner going "Mercy, master!!" He's as arrogant AF, and paradoxically he's absolutely a shattered mess inside because he has not dealt well with all the horrific losses he's endured throughout the ages-- and because he knows he will eventually lose Legolas, too. I think his control freak nature is an attempt to (over-)compensate for that. He was desperately trying to armor himself there-- and Legolas delicately shattered that attempt with two well-placed words. I think that's telling; Thranduil loves Legolas to distraction, and can't resist comforting him when he's genuinely in pain. The party was actually a ham-fisted attempt to reward Legolas's bravery and give him public honors for his deeds (while still keeping him at arms' length). Poor Thranduil has no clue. X-D

4. Like father like son? They're both very naughty. ;-) I'm glad this section works for you. Thranduil does feel guilt-- he's just selfish enough not to let it put him aside from what he wants to do.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! :D

For Chapter 5:

And so it begins. Legolas is experiencing his first punishment, and by Thranduil's standards, it's gentle. A spanking, nothing more, and yet it's an emotional journey the likes of which Legolas has never known. Beautiful, beautiful...

For Chapter 6:

Thranduil is curiously vulnerable, and bewitching in this chapter. He drops those tantalizing hints of what might be, and I wonder what Legolas will make of tham as the training proceeds. For now, Legolas is learning that submission brings its own rewards and pleasures, and despite his disavowal, Thranduil is ideal for teaching this part of the game.

As a side note, I will never look at Mithrandir quite the same, though.

I love this story. Utterly and completely.

Thank you so much, Bronx! :)

Poor Legolas. I am afraid Thranduil quite entrapped him into that one. And it is tame, but Thranduil correctly senses it's as far as Legolas is willing to go... for now. Only time will tell how much Legolas is willing to bear.

As for Thranduil, he has other thoughts, other plans and other desires for Legolas that go way beyond having a beautiful submissive in his bed. But there is a long way to go, Legolas has a lot to learn, and I'm quite sure Thranduil will not skimp on any lesson along the way.

As ever, I'm so glad you're enjoying it, and thank you for all of your encouragement!

And now Legolas understands the nature of the game and still he wants to play ;). This is going to be so much fun! I have nothing to say except chapters 5 and 6 were wonderful and I can't wait for more. Oh one thing I forgot to mention that makes me happy about this, during their talk when Thranduil hints at Legolas getting good enough that he may submit to him at some point, gives me chills to think of that because I love when Thranduil switches it up and gets to be the submissive.

Okay no more babbling, cept to say it's still amazingly done!

CL

Thank you very much, CL! :D

I'm glad you're having fun reading – these two are so beautiful together. Yes, I've decided I really am that shallow, lol. Now Thranduil has consent, anything could happen! Still, we have a couple of surprises planned, and a couple of experimental chapters coming up (it will be interesting to see how those go down).

Yes, eventually Thranduil is definitely going to go there. He's too gorgeous not to, really.

Your comments have made my day today. Just thought you should know that. :)

Oh, Thranduil has been wicked indeed. Wonderfully, wantonly wicked, and it seems Legolas is thoroughly caught up in the game. The poor Prince will be exhausted at the negotiations, and I wonder if he'll spend the entire time waiting for Thranduil to offer him as a reward to the human?

Legolas is still holding back, though, just a little. He's still letting himself believe he has some measure of control, but that is merely a dream. He is all Thranduil's now, and he'll be glorious when he finally succumbs fully.

Thank you, Bronx! :)

lol... the poor Prince will be exhaused, floppy, and tempting as all hell. Have you been sneaking looks at our chapter plans by any chance?

Ah, we have already arranged for something that will break Legolas in completely. But it won't be for a while yet. Legolas will actually get a taste of the other before then.

Glad you're enjoying this story :D

I loved everything about this chapter, from the part where Legolas has to sit on the hard chair (Thranduil is so mean *giggles*) to the feeding of the fruit and yes of course the sex was wonderful as always. I never know what to say when something as perfectly done as this is. I guess good job just sounds a bit underwhelming so... fantastic job ladies!

I really can't wait to see what Thranduil will do next and how beautifully Legolas will respond to it.

CL

Thank you so much, CL! :)

Really happy that you are enjoying this story, especially since we seem to have a lot in store for both Legolas and Thranduil.

I'd say Thranduil is too big for his boots, but his boots are actually quite big. I mean, they're up to his knee, and the bloke is tall! :D

And now I have another version of Legolas to write. I haven't forgotten *g*

I know I've told you how much I love this story, but I do think this chapter is utterly delicious. Thranduil used Legolas perfectly during the negotiations, and Boromir is not going to have a very good reception when he gets home to his father. In the meantime, our sweet Prince is discovering the joys of giving pleasure, and perhaps a bit of how very beautiful he is. I could almost feel a bit sorry for Boromir, having this enchanting creature flirt with him without parting with so much as a kiss. But Thranduil would never share this treasure.

Gorgeous, and delectable! I love these wicked elves!

I and TAFKAB felt that this was definitely something Thranduil would do, so I'm glad you agree. He's exactly that shrewd and arrogant. Don't feel too sorry for Boromir: he should have known better, really. And besides that, he's no better in terms of arrogance... (looks up definition of 'mysterious')

Legolas is discovering a lot, but in one way he's still a virgin. We might rectify that next... (looks up definition of 'tease')

But Thranduil would never share this treasure.

Well, someone taught Thranduil everything... wonder who that is... (looks up definition of 'annoying')

Ok... I am stopping now :D

And I am quite sure no silly human will get to share Thranduil's Prince.

If a silly human did, it might finally put Thranduil off the Dorwinion lol (no, he won't, I promise)

Thranduil is so wicked! At first I was like oh no he wouldn't... but then part of me could see the king in him using Legolas to get what he wanted from Boromir and not just with the teasing. Of course then I remembered that Thranduil is selfish and wouldn't share his treasure with anyone. Oh but making Legolas think he would was just genius because I think he enjoyed the thought that he was worth so much in both men's eyes, had to be one hell of an ego boost for him. Hot as always and I love every aspect of this story! Thanks and more please?

CL

Thranduil is indeed very wicked, and I think he was as pleased with the result as he was with Legolas' obedience here. As for him sharing... with a man? From Gondor? I don't think Thranduil would share his lowliest servant with poor Boromir, let alone Legolas. He has quite the superiority complex.

I am sure Legolas is quite unable to think straight. He's probably better off that way. At least for now. Although... he's going to get something quite special in the next chapter. Under guidance, of course...

Glad you're still enjoying!

This chapter felt like a beautiful dream, a tender fantasy which I'm sure Legolas never expected to see fulfilled, not so soon. But I can understand Thranduil's fears. He's lost so much, and Legolas is even dearer for it.

There was so much love in this chapter, though, and Thranduil was surprisingly vulnerable, especially when he admits to Legolas how seldom he allows himself to be taken. Legolas too will have much to think about afterward, from the sensations of taking, as opposed to being taken, as well as coming to terms with this side of his father.

But now, because I have a terribly curious bend, I can only wonder what Galion is up to...

As ever, beautifully written and delicious to read!

Yes, Legolas was surprised and pleased to know this, but we felt Thranduil wanted to do something to stop Legolas from having second thoughts once he is out with his patrol again. He's afraid Legolas might 'wake up' and decide he doesn't want it anymore... that he could take some other lover (and he really could, if he wanted to).

Having said that, Thranduil really does employ some expert manipulation here. But he is strangely vulnerable too, especially at the end.

Galion know what's going on. Of course he does! He knows everything, and it would be kind of hard to miss Legolas' cries of pleasure (I think he might be loud, lol). He thinks he knows a way to put a stop to it.

Glad you're enjoying us... your reviews are so wonderful! *hugs* :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I did not expect this! I was so happy to see it though and I wonder if some of the small things in Thranduil's reactions to Legolas taking him portends things to come?

Lovely as usual and I can't wait for the next chapter.

CL

Firstly, sorry for the lateness of this response. The notifications for this story are sent to a shared email address, and I sometimes forget to check it.

Oh, Thranduil wants much more from Legolas than an eager submissive, though Thranduil really does retain complete control here. I'm so glad you enjoyed it – we really loved writing that scene.

Just realised we are well overdue for posting the next chapter too! We will get one up today, I think :)

Hope to see an update soon - I've been enjoying it a lot. I love dominant Thranduil! My guess is that Legolas will turn tables on him toward the end. Wonderful beginning with them trapped with rising water, Legolas refusing to let his father go, maybe realizing he needed these 'lessons' to be ready if he had to assume the throne; Thranduil himself probably wasn't ready when Oropher died, and had to suffer the loss of his wife. He had to become strong enough on his own. Now given the opportunity he can insure Legolas will not have to struggle if/when that day comes, as he had to. The incest is believable and I love this pairing. So please, more, more, more!

Hi – and thank you for reviewing! :)

I'm so glad you're enjoying our little foray into the forbidden. We've had discussions between us about why Thranduil and Legolas go so well together, and I think the canon work shows them as quite isolated. So regardless of the incest angle, it's a natural thing to want to put the characters together in a more satisfying relationship rather than have them lonely.

Thranduil really does love Legolas a lot in this fic, in all kinds of ways. He'd hate it if he thought Legolas would have to endure the same kinds of losses he has.

More to come soon!

A lovely chapter!

It's good to know even when Legolas anticipates a punishment, he goes to Thranduil with joy, as Tauriel has noted. It wouldn't be right if Legolas didn't find joy in his nights with Thranduil.

I wonder why Legolas fears Thranduil will push him away, especially after that leavetaking. Granted, Legolas chose the riskier path, but his motivations were the best, and it was successful, aside from his wound. The poor Prince will be in sorry shape by the time he gets home with all his worrying over Thranduil's reactions. Thranduil will fret over Legolas, I'm sure, even if it manifests as wrath over the danger Legolas faced. But surely Thranduil will take most of his wrath out on the men, poachers and Gondor's men alike.

I'll sit quietly on the edge of my chair until the next chapter. :D

Maybe it was news to Legolas that he not only enjoys being with his father, but also enjoys the nature of that relationship, including the punishments. Gives him something to think about, I'm sure, especially in the light of Thranduil hinting he wants that from Legolas in return.

Legolas will get home eventually, and we shall see who reacts in which way. But first, next time we will be posting two chapters in the place of one. Thranduil and Legolas share a strange erotic dream, and we helpfully wrote both of their points of view.

Thanks again – your reviews make me smile my head off every time! :D

Legolas will get home eventually, and we shall see who reacts in which way. But first, next time we will be posting two chapters in the place of one. Thranduil and Legolas share a strange erotic dream, and we helpfully wrote both of their points of view.

You have NO idea how very happy you've made me! :D

Guest TAFKAB

I'm sorry I have been so terrible about responding to comments. CL and Bronx, you've both been wonderful and they are so appreciated! It's hard to get any readers who'll feed back; I've been terrible and will try to do better now that I'm off work for the summer. :-)

You guys are great and I appreciate you! <3

I do believe your experiment was a rousing success, my wonderful authors!

The dream from Legolas' point of view was utterly delicious. We've been able to see how Legolas is becoming enchanted by the submission Thranduil demands, and how he craves it when he's parted from Thranduil. It seems like the ultimate admission of both love and surrender that he would fantasize being taken in public by Thranduil, both helpless and complicit in his demonstration of possession by Thranduil.

And then Thranduil, determined to claim his beautiful Legolas, to own him entirely, has much the same dream. Yet what is joy for Legolas turns to foreboding for Thranduil, because to own so completely is to fear loss, isn't it? What we love most can be taken from us, and we never quite recover from it.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be that spider...

Yay! :D Thank you so much! *hugs*

I was hoping this dream sequence would show them both, and I'm glad it does.

I think something of this variety is a natural next step for Legolas, though I'm not sure he realises the difference between the desire to admit to his relationship and the desire for humiliation. Perhaps Thranduil will enlighten him? ;)

Thranduil has had many dreams of this variety, but perhaps not quite like this. It was indeed a warning. But I think when all is said and done he will take a lot of heart from it. Prophetic dreams are sent; they don't come from nowhere. At least, not in ME.

Lol, yes, that spider is so dead. *nods*

Thank you again, Bronx – been dying to post these chapters for ages and ages.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.