Click Here!

Fate: Gamer Night - Shota Edition

Ichasennin

Guest Wandering_Moth

As someone who has never played the game itself my only disappointment is that her final ascension art is just about the same as the others sans sarong. They pretty much went the Irisviel route with her, and not in the good way.

For those unaware:

Mordred gets a tan, puts on a sailor fuku, then switches it out for a garishly neon pink jacket.

Anne and Mary become bunny girls.

Arturia somehow manages to jam Excalibur's shaft into the muzzle of a squirt gun for her Noble Phantasm.

Tamamo puts on a shirt, gets it wet, keeps it on, takes it off, and then gets herself a sundae.

You can know discern Kiyohime's bust size.

Martha releases her inner street fighter.

And Marie Antoinette puts a crab on her head and becomes a jellyfish princess.

Edited by Wandering_Moth

I mean, it's what they've done for the welfare Servants since the beginning: Halloween Elizabeth, Nobunaga, Santa Alter, Iri, Shiki, Rider Kintoki...

The only exception was Saber Lily, and that's because she wasn't originally a welfare Servant, DW just decided to make her one during Saber Wars.

Unless you didn't mean the fact that her only card art is the base and the final ascension, and meant that the two are too similar, which I guess is reasonable.

Guest Wandering_Moth

I mean, it's what they've done for the welfare Servants since the beginning: Halloween Elizabeth, Nobunaga, Santa Alter, Iri, Shiki, Rider Kintoki...

The only exception was Saber Lily, and that's because she wasn't originally a welfare Servant, DW just decided to make her one during Saber Wars.

Unless you didn't mean the fact that her only card art is the base and the final ascension, and meant that the two are too similar, which I guess is reasonable.

Went to check their ascension art, noticed for the first time that all of them except Shiki are more or less unchanged from start to finish. So don't mind me, I'm just noticing something that was there all along!

Though yes, I am partial over their show of restraint over her design. I'll get over it. Over time. Maybe.

Edited by Wandering_Moth

Guest Wandering_Moth

Sup people, I just wanted to give you a heads up. I'll be gone until the end of the next week with little access to the web. However, I will have the next batch of chapters done before the end of the month.

See ya!

And we haven't even got back on track yet! Our wills were weak, and we've been distracted by the sexy! Damn you Delight Works, damn you all to hell!

Edited by Wandering_Moth

So, will the next batch of chapters just be continuing foundation and plot development, or will they get into PLOT DEVELOPMENT?

Both. Saeko will be the first to have a taste of the forbidden fruit that is Shirou and following that Taiga will succumb to her unhealthy attraction for her little brother.

Guest Wandering_Moth

So how bout those Brooklyn Dodgers? Are they bombs or what?

Now in all seriousness we could just talk about specific characters we haven't talked about yet and how they would factor into the story in the long run, suggest more Servants and their classes, suggest specific scenarios that may or may not get added.

Or we could all just leave and not come back until the end of next week, we've got a pretty good track record of that already.

Edited by Wandering_Moth

Well, the sound of her profile makes her seem like a wise and good ruler, but is too hot-headed and willful, so she acts before thinking. She has the right mindset and bearing for a ruler, but winds up being overwhelmed when around greater rulers like Ozymandias and Iskander. Her powers are fundamentally based on her appearances in Lovecraft, since it's better known than her actual history, so her character is historical and her powers are based on that. And she thinks that, as a pharaoh, she has a certain image to uphold and tries to be classy, and thinks that, for example, the way Sanzou fights is disgraceful for someone of her stature.

Eh, probably. Totally dependent on the situation, if they wanted her to do something she really didn't want to.

Although thinking of what circumstances would allow her to appear aside from the Grail War led me to a certain mechanical idea. It's sort of based on the Item Worlds from Disgaea and the world as a whole in the Megaman.exe/Battle Network games. For anyone not familiar, the Item Worlds, like the name implies, allow people to jump into the worlds inside items and improve their quality by killing monsters within. The Megaman mechanic is basically that the entire world is run by a computer and has a network world inside it that has a layout and viruses particular to the source (a heater has fire viruses, an air conditioner has fans and wind viruses, etc.).

The idea would be that certain objects and areas would have internal worlds that Shirou would be pulled into where he could have random encounters, go through entire story events, or just grind for experience/money/drops. Like, he goes to the temple where Kiyohime is supposed to have burned Anchin, winds up in a world with a bunch of serpents and dragons, with Kiyohime serving as both the helpful guide NPC and the final boss. A trip to Mount Ooe could do something similar with Shuten, Ibaraki, Kintoki, and Yorimitsu, maybe with a Near Side and a Far Side that put him on opposite sides (once with Yorimitsu and Kintoki to kill the oni, one protecting the oni). Some others would probably benefit from just being a museum exhibit or something: an Egyptian exhibit brings Nitocris and Ozzy, a Greco-Roman event pulls in the whole crowd of them, torture devices spit out Carmilla, etc.

And my personal favorite, being within range of the sessho-seki that in folklore is the transformed body of Tamamo no Mae, leads to a dungeon with 10 levels where Shirou progresses through the 9 Tamamos until the final level where he has a giant boss fight against Amaterasu. Actually, those could be something like the standard secret hidden bosses in games, where you need to have an end-game level character to fight them. Amaterasu, some combination of Karna/Arjuna/Rama/Sita, Goddess Rhongomyniad, Scathach, Artemis, just a bunch of absurd encounters that Shirou can walk away from or lose with no consequence, but gets crazy rewards for completing. Of course, since it's real life and not a game, there are other options to win than fighting, like trickery or convincing them to give up in exchange for food or something.

Now that is kickass! I could imagine Shirou responding to each differently, and if he knows their weaknesses, possibly using those to lessen any bloodshed and such!

Of course, what happens if Shirou loses to any of these bosses, whether they be the uh normal ones or the secret ones? What tasks or punishments might they do to him?

I would think it would depend on how Shirou lost and who he lost to. He might just get kicked out and lose all his progress, or he might just get some kind of training or something to do. I like to imagine Karna would be all over helping him get stronger even though Shirou is trying to get stronger to fight him, just because Karna is a really nice guy.

It could also end up with Shirou discovering the wonder of save-scumming, with him intentionally losing so that he can find out more about who he has to fight before withdrawing from the world and starting over again.

I would think it would depend on how Shirou lost and who he lost to. He might just get kicked out and lose all his progress, or he might just get some kind of training or something to do. I like to imagine Karna would be all over helping him get stronger even though Shirou is trying to get stronger to fight him, just because Karna is a really nice guy.

It could also end up with Shirou discovering the wonder of save-scumming, with him intentionally losing so that he can find out more about who he has to fight before withdrawing from the world and starting over again.

I could see that. How do you imagine Nero or Tamamo would deal with Shirou if he lost?

Or how might Arjuna, Artemis, or Sita treat him considering they're all Archers? Especially considering Shirou's own skill in archery?

Edited by warellis

Well, there's no real character for Sita yet other than "Really, really loves Rama," so no real answer there. Although Rama would also qualify as an Archer-class Servant, he just shows up as a Saber, so there could be something with him. Arjuna is actually a good guy, just with a huge ego and massive jealousy/hate-boner for Karna, who I feel like Shirou would remind him of. But since Karna is also super talented and Shirou is mediocre at best in most things, it probably wouldn't be much beyond "Wow, this kid really has a thing for helping people." Artemis is complicated, just because we've never seen her without Orion, but you could probably justify her favoring him for being really, really good at it.

It's actually one of the things that bugs me, when people try to say "Oh, Shirou is only good at sport shooting, it's just EMIYA that can do any REAL archery," since in Fate, with a bow he made using a branch and Alteration, Shirou hits FUCKING HERCULES in the EYE while he's fighting Saber.

Tamamo...hmm, probably force him to stick around and play husbando for a while, test out her housewife skills, but the other versions could all do different things. And Nero...I imagine it turning into her forcing him to serve her for X length of time. Serving includes feeding her, dressing her, bathing her, and, most importantly, being subjected to her art.

Heh. Sounds like in both Tamamo & Nero's cases, they would be dominating Shirou? Turning him into their husband/"worshipper" ;) respectively?

You also mentioned Carmilla coming out of torture devices. Do you mean the item world Shirou would encounter her in would be one found in a torture device? What would she do with Shirou possibky if he lost against her?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.