Click Here!

problems editing story details/Summary

SirGeneralSir

I had been trying to edit my story summary for a few days, originally it was to just inform readers I had edited 2 more older chapters, a simple change of a 7 to a 9

I was unable to do this, I had tried to delete my entire summary to see if I could type, nothing showed up.

I believe the problem is that the tags created extra spaces that counted as when i counted the actual characters, I was only at about 217 ish.

I have now successfully edited the summary to my liking, by deleting the several spaces created, i do not know if that will impact the look of the summary (haven't saved it yet)

Original summary

Naruto is being targeted by a cult that also wants to destroy all bloodlines but he has become cold and detached and no one knows why can new friends help? . Abuse, AFFO, Anthro, Bi, D/s, MCD, OC, Other, Preg, TF, Tort, Violence, WIP (Edited CH 1-7 more in progress)

New summary

Naruto is targeted by a cult that wants to destroy all bloodlines but he has become cold and detached, no one knows why can new friends help? . Abuse, AFFO, Anthro, Bi, D/s, MCD, OC, Other, Preg, TF, Tort,Violence, WIP Edited CH 1-9

Thought it was worth noting that I had the issue even though I .... fixed? it

It's the field limitation. Right now, the summary and tags share a field, and that field has a 240 character limit. So, if you have a lot of tags, you won't be able to add much to the summary.

There are two work-arounds. One is to post all your tags at the top of the first chapter. We don't count that as an author's note, and it gives readers a chance to know if they want to continue reading. The other is to tag each chapter for content. Both these work-arounds leave you the full 240 characters for your summary.

Eventually, when we get there in the code rewrite, the tags will be in a separate field, and we might even be able to expand the size of the summary field. Hang in there! :)

Edited by BronxWench

I counted every letter and grammatical symbol, I was at about 217 ish, the fact that I had the first Summary already on my story makes me thing that there MIGHT have been something generating more spaces because it was there to begin with ^_^

something didn't like what I was trying to do.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.