Click Here!

Pippychick's Review Replies (Movies)

pippychick

• 3 years later...

Reviews for The Ruined Abbe

BY : pippychick

From ANON - Laney on November 16, 2018

Thank you for this. It was an absolute treat! They are so in-character, and the intimacy is so gorgeous. I’m making a video tribute to Joaquin Phoenix, so I’m watching a lot of his films, and Quills always makes me want depraved stories of this pairing. I adored your story! I was hoping Marquis would teach Abbe a bit about blood play....maybe slip a knife under his pious collar and cut a shallow slit in his throat, then kiss the wound and leave a trail of bloody kisses up the column of his neck.... I should probably write that lol. Anyway, I loved your fic and how it entertwined with the story. Your version answers a lot of questions and is damn hot to boot. All the best to you <3

I seem to have missed this when catching up with review responses (or I think I have – if not, sorry for the repetition), and I am sorry for late reply, but thank you so much, Laney! :) I don’t know if you will ever see this response, but...

I’m glad they’re in character, and that the sex scenes work well. I had a great deal of fun writing this one. Maybe it was having Sade as a muse for a bit, maybe it was playing with JP’s version of Coulmier. Interestingly, the historical Coulmier was not as pretty as JP, and was a hunchback. Also he was much older, but he was a pioneer in treating mental illness. I’d love to go back in time and listen in on one of their real conversations. Alas, I probably wouldn’t understand anything, since I don’t speak French. Sade had a great sense of humour, which you can see in the letters he sent from prison, particularly to his mother-in-law. He was part of the aristocracy, but he soon jumped ship and produced subversive and revolutionary pamphlets for circulation when required, and in his work, his address to women is light years ahead (in liberty) of where we are, even today. I suppose it’s difficult to say what he really believed; it’s likely he just worked in his own self-interest, but my more forgiving self wants him to be a hero for sexual liberty, and particularly sexual writing.

Gah… sorry, I did a lot of research, lol.

Thank you! :wub:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.