Click Here!

May the God have mercy on thy soul. I will not.

pittwitch

Okay, first day into my Facebook posting fast and some idiot posts a video, guiding me to it since my son is a serviceman. In this video, a young military serviceman is being filmed for a documentary. He goes into a fast food establishment, orders, then respectfully inquires if they offer a military discount. The ingrate in line behind him, who couldn't be arsed to put down her expensive cell phone to look him in the eye, goes off on the poor sod for taking entitlements he has not earned, that she has to pay for, and on and on.

Excuse me, you absolute idiot, he has signed a contract with the very blood of his heart to protect and defend this country and you, yes you you ingrate, and your right to wave a phone in his face and taunt him. He has agreed to lay down his LIFE in defense of out freedoms, our privileges, our homes - to give everything he has to protect everything you have. How dare you! It was not my son, but one of his honorable and esteemed brothers, thus making him just as much my son.

I curse your ignorance, your inability to see past the screen on your cellphone clutched in your perfectly manicured fingers. Thou are the epitome of everything that ails this once great nation of ours.

I have heard horror stories from other military families of their servicemen being spit on, taunted, jeered at, and worse. Praise be that this has not happened to my son. Yet, in these times, he has been told not to wear his uniform, the one that his blood, sweat and tears earned him, to travel, etc. because it makes him a target. I thought my worst fear would be our enemies. I concede my error.

*furious* M.o.m.

Edited by pittwitch

If it makes you feel any better, a counterpoint story:

My dad has those "Former Prisoner of War" license plates on his car. Two or three times since he got them, he's reached the drive-through window at McDonald's or Starbucks and been told that his order has already been paid for by the customer ahead of him in line.

• 4 weeks later...

Good thing she enjoys freedom of speech which a soldier earned for her, say something like that in more than a few countries and you get a free stay in prison...if you're lucky

I would LOVE to a fly on the wall or the customer just behind Magus if he heard something like that. I sincerely hope I never hear that. I DO NOT have the discipline or self control that Magus does.

B