Click Here!

Bad formating

PGadoury

I was only able to duplicate this in Chrome by zooming to 150% in a window of approximately the same width (roughly 13.5 inches across). In a 100% zoom, I needed to decrease the window width to under 9 inches, but the tabs were too compressed to match the image provided. So, you might want to reduce your zoom in Chrome to prevent the overflow.

My display settings are a good bit higher, so yes, that would account for it. I'm not sure what to tell you, really. Do the stories do the same thing, or only the listing pages?

Okay, going by the res, I thought I'd try something on one of the tablets here. We do not currently have a selectable mobile skin, so this actually won't be addressed until we get to that point. Before we do that, we do have other coding that we have to do first.

As DG updates and converts each subdomain, that error should disappear. Naruto has not yet been done, so bear with us. Please also keep in mind that support for mobile versions will follow getting the main archive completed.

Edited by BronxWench

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that when adding a chapter to a story, applying "justify" to the text and then reading that chapter in its respective archive, the paragraphs in the chapter are separated by very large blank spaces?

• 1 month later...

I've just realized that in most or all of the stories and chapters that I posted in about the second half of last year, the paragraph spacing is now huge. That is, it appears that two extra line breaks were added between every paragraph. This wasn't the case when these stories and chapters were first uploaded.

Is there anything to be done apart from my going back and fixing them all manually?

I don't believe so, and I know that's NOT what you wanted to hear.

No, but it's not entirely unexpected, either.

Any ideas about how to fix it more quickly? I tried cutting the text of a chapter, pasting it into Word, using Find/Replace to replace each set of four line breaks with two, and then pasting it back into the text box and uploading it, but that was about as efficient as it sounds.

Have you tried cutting the text, pasting it into Word, and changing the formatting?

I use the NoSpace style, and the enter keystroke at the end of a paragraph makes the text break for me, eliminating the need for a second enter keystroke. I find it pastes quite well to the RTE using the Paste from Word option.

I still have to edit to center anything, however. It's the only thing I can't seem to carry over properly.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.