Click Here!

Story Format difficulties

Nightwing

So I went to check some of my old stories and I noticed that there are huge gaps between lines. To show an example, here is a link to the story in question: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600102985. I have uploaded Chapter 1 again but it looks like I'm going to have to re-upload/edit all chapters. This is slightly annoying because I had to re-upload and reformat all my stories the last time there was a big server move. The tech worker who helped me the last time assured me that it wouldn't happen again but it looks like I'll have to do it again.

Here is another chapter example: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600102985&chapter=63 In this one, there are line breaks where they shouldn't be however after perusing my chapters, the formatting appears to straighten itself out by chapter 64.

I haven't checked the other stories but I just wanted to bring this to your attention as I'm sure I am not the only one experiencing this.

Some of the older stories may be still experiencing a few issues. DG did write a query to remove the extra lines, but what she's encountering is some very old nonsense from back when the database access was not as restricted. Some of it might also be related to how chapters were added (upload versus the copy/paste we recommend now) but DG is better versed in that since I joined AFF after that mess of a crash.

It's causing no end of headaches, and I really do apologize. :(

I managed to fix a good chunk, but the format that makes for the extra line after has extra spaces in it, varying in length for this for instance. So, a simple query won't remove those. However, opening the chapter in the rte and then deleting the extra line will.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.