Click Here!

Pippychick's Review Replies (TV)

pippychick

From BronxWench on November 08, 2017

Chapter 20:

This line: "In short, she welcomed him with her whole body, and it was a thing of beauty, just like Brienne herself." It just sums up this chapter for me perfectly. This entire chapter was a thing of beauty, the perfect consummation of a brilliant slow burn, and the beginning of a new reality for all three of them.

I am in awe of how deftly you handled this. Truly, one of the best first times I've ever read.

Yay! Thank you, Bronx! :wub:

This means a lot. I’ve written slash for so long, I’d no idea how I was going to do with het fiction, but I’ve really been enjoying it with these three. And I’ve loved particularly writing this slow leading in, letting Brienne’s character get to it properly. She can’t be rushed, word count wise. Although, ironically, in terms of time, this really is fast.

Chapter 21:

What does Tormund have planned, indeed... It does sound rather ominous, although I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed Clegane and Tormund's conversation. It makes sense, though. Of course Tormund would want to claim Brienne, as much as Clegane does. 

But oh, so bittersweet, when they realize it will not matter if Brienne falls pregnant. My throat was tight when I read this bit: “When winter came, I got the two of you to keep me warm until the end.” She laughed strangely. “In some ways, I'm very lucky.” So very true, and so painfully sad at the same time. 

Thank you! :)

Oh, yes… sad for them, but they won’t die. None of them will. And I’m really kind of ashamed of myself, but I’m having this massive internal fight with my evil muse at the moment. I find myself in an unusual predicament. Against all the odds, against Gods, and the repeating of history and such things… I want to save them from their fate somehow. I’ve got a whole load of my brain working on it. If there’s a way, while staying true to original vision of the plot, I’m going to do it. I’ve been writing all this nice stuff for them, and I’ve accidentally fallen completely in love with these characters. So much so that I want to let them have a happy ending, even if they have to endure a little bit of heartache on the way.

We shall see. I am so weak. :yes:

Chapter 22:

Well, well. Wildings and their ways... I imagine Brienne might have a thing or two to say come morning, but for now, it was a lovely romp, and the most delicious smut. I can onlt picture Tormund planning this. Maybe he began when he first noticed her, so tall, and strong, and proud. But, gods, it was superb.

This line: "He had a sudden vivid vision of himself tied to the bed, with her on top, and it didn't have quite the effect on him she hoped for." I am so hoping to see this now. Clegane submitting willingly for the first time? Priceless... 

And thank you again! :)

Lol… well, I did do a little bit of research into what he might do for this. Seems Brienne played right into his hands. I had a request for this particular chapter from Tormund’s pov, and you’ll find that in the MIssing Scenes as the first post there.

As for that other thing you want… haha… chapter twenty-eight. ;) Yes, he does. But that had to be a possibility, didn’t it? I mean… what with Gendry telling them all about Melisandre tying him to the bed naked, and Clegane piping up to say: “Sounds all right so far.” He was doomed to it in fanfic somewhere. Why not mine? :lol:

Chapter 23:

I'm as greedy as Brienne, I think, I want forever in a day myself, if the forever is reading this.

With each chapter, the relationship between the three of them deepens, and becomes something larger than them, something almost sacred in its beauty. Love, lust, passion, and respect, all coalescing into a bond that I don't think can ever be broken.

It was fascinating to see Clegane's response to Tormund, who is, in proper wilding fashion, quite cavalier about sex with other men. Clegane is fighting his upbringing, his religious indoctrination, but he is just as vulnerable to Tormund's mad charm as Brienne. It's a lovely dance they perform...

And the dreaded cliffhanger, made bearable by being able to read the next chapter right away! :D

Thank you so much! :)

I kind of think Tormund was quite purposeful about the timing there. He likes that wild thing in Brienne. I’m quite sure he sees something wild in Clegane too… it’s just buried a little deeper, and I’m sure he saw it peeking out then, lol.

As Brienne lets go of the last remnants of her nerves, it is going to get deeper. They’re all equally invested in it, which is why it works. None of them feel like they have anything to lose, either. It’ll be interesting to see how things change after the war, when they’ve survived. After the obligatory “Yes! We survived! Let’s all fuck each other!” celebratory scene, lol (that will be great fun!). Other things will start to crop up then, I think. They’re getting a kind of reprieve here, because they believe these are their last days.

Chapter 24:

Oh, I don't want to spoil it, but really! Talk about a mouse among the lions...

And once again, they're exploring the shape of this clan of theirs. There is something so primal about the love between them, and the need. I particularly loved the way Clegane reassured her that the need goes both ways, that she holds as much control over them as she thinks they do over her.

Just brilliant!

Thank you! :hug:

Ah, yes… I have plans for that boy that will make even Clegane’s recent experience seem like a mere trial run. Arya is going to hear about this “reputation” and decide that she wants to try him out for herself. Clegane will get to see it start as well, which will be kind of funny. But, really, i can’t help it. It just leads in so nicely… poor Podrick. His trouble just gets deeper and deeper… but he’ll be happy by the end.

I think she needed that reassurance, really, and Clegane realised it. I mean, her entire bad mood wasn’t really about not getting what she wanted that morning, but about seeing him not being bothered about it (or not seeming to be). When really, it’s only his greater experience that lends him that extra self-control. Brienne is really quite hard on herself at times. These are big things she’s contending with, and she can’t really expect to suddenly be in control of it all, just like that. But then, I think this is why Clegane and Tormund suit her so well. They’re quite hard themselves. They don’t mind being pushed around a little bit, but they’ve no qualms over telling her when to stop, and they’ll make sure things are going the right way. I said to someone on another site, imagining a character like Brienne, with Jaime Lannister – and there is a whole lot of it out there. And I said, that boy would be on his knees by the end of the first day, as soon as she knew how it worked. And he’d stay there for the rest of his life. When she gets these two on their knees… they have no intention of staying there, lol.

Chapter 25:

All of Brienne's limits are being tested, I see, but I can;t imagine she will protest much. But, gods, Brienne and Clegane are glorious. This bit: "The way she was looking at him, he thought he might be drowning in her, and he leaned down to kiss her before she could say his name because if he heard that it would finish him off too." Honestly, that's glorious, and perfect, It gave me shivers to read it, in all the right ways...

Thank you, Bronx! :)

Oh, Tormund is not wasting time. They don’t have it to waste, unfortunately.

I’m glad you love the Clegane/Brienne so much. I think Brienne is falling deep, and not just for Clegane. She’s not realising how deeply she’s falling for Tormund. When she does, it’ll add a whole other dimension to all of this. :)

Gosh… if I carry on this way, I’ll be writing for Mills & Boon before the end of the year! *giggles* But seriously, I’m enjoying it so much. I don’t know what I was frightened of when I shied away from heterosexual romance. I remember all the trouble I had when I first started writing Elrond with female characters. I’m glad I did persevere with that. It kind of prepared me a little bit for doing this now, so that I can relax into it.

Chapter 26:

I can't imagine what I'd have done in Clegane's place, when Jon Snow pulled him aside. Clegane is already so used to trying to keep things between the three of them quiet, for Brienne's sake. But Jon Snow is not half as foolish as one would think, and he knows the wildlings, too. And what a perfect gift Jon Snow had for Clegane...

Thank you :)

Oh, he knows, but Jon Snow has a head full of concerns here, poor bugger. He’s not going to be gossiping about them. He wants the tactic to work, and now so does Clegane. It’s quite clever of him, really. The three of them will be a blow for the Night King if they get through. But there are other surprises to come for Jon Snow that will happen behind the scenes. I’ll try to explain what’s going on in the fic, but he has a part to play yet.

And is it Blackfyre? I don’t know. I don’t know if it’s something I might use later. Possibly… ;)

Chapter 27:

Oh, my goodness, is it warm in here? Because I'm quite sure I'm all flushed and aflutter...

I did ask for this, I did, and it appears my little fantasy is going to be played out. I can't wait! ::clasps hands eagerly and reaches for the mouse::

lol… thank you! :)

Ah… when Brienne stops being nervous, she’s incredible. There might be two of them. They’re still going to have their hands full, aren’t they?

Chapter 28:

Oh, bloody hells! Clegane restrained is beyond perfect, I think. It's almost breathtaking, the trust he is able to place in Brienne and Tormund, and this from a man who has no good reason to trust anyone. I am completely taken with the give and take between Clegane and Tormund, too.

I think the most astonishing thing is how well you've kept them all completely in character. You never falter, and I find myself playing this out in my head with the same intensity I reserve for the show when it airs. You have a remarkable talent for understanding the very core of these three, and it's utterly brilliant.

Oh, Gods… thank you so much! :wub:

Oh, he enjoyed himself! And of course, at some point, he’ll get to ask for the same from her. Wonder what he’ll do then… ? Hmm… The slash part was irresistible. Brienne is just as curious about that as she is about how she fits in with them. Each of them, at times, takes on the role of facilitator. Brienne will too, just as Tormund has done. Just as Clegane will do. I really do love the intricacies of writing these relationships, and the balance involved. But above all, to hear that I managed to keep true to their characters is wonderful. Especially since the things they are doing with each other are changing them a little. That’s unavoidable. Brienne probably most of all, although she’s beginning to find her way back to herself in this scene. Those two are too fond of overwhelming her. They won’t get away with it forever, not even when Tormund gets his little dream realised. *g*

Chapter 29:

It's all in the open now, and it's as perfect as I thought it would be. Clegane is so much more than he lets on, and yet, for Brienne, and Tormund, too, he can be himself. That might be the best gift of all to come out of this, even better than Brienne realizing she is indeed a beauty. It's so easy to just dismiss them as three broken people looking for solce, when in fact, they are three of the brightest lights in this sorry world.

And because it will resonate in my heart for a good long while, this bit: "Clegane remembered what she'd said, and drew her into his arms. “Did you mean it?” He tried to say it tenderly, but realised it came out as a bit of a growl. She nodded, and his heart went soaring beyond the ceiling, right up to play among the stars."

Thank you! :)

Yes, I like that. Bright lights. As I’m writing them, I imagine the way they suit each other, and I tend to think of myself as taking a step beyond the Jaime’s and the Daenerys’ and the Jon Snow’s of that world. A step higher, so to speak. I don’t see these characters as broken, or as monsters, or as anything other than human. I do see them as complicated, fascinating, and motivated by some slightly different things. They’re all very strong characters, not just powerful. I think it makes a difference that they all feel so physically invulnerable. It gives them a dimension of personal power that makes them enjoy being together all the more, because when they’re together, that ceases to make a difference. It’s like, as Clegane was thinking earlier, as Tormund believes – they’re all equals.

Aww… I think he’s getting used to those good moods a bit more. Well, he’d better make the most of them. War comes quickly. Snow isn’t going to let the army of the dead get to Winterfell and endanger the lives of people there. They’ll go out to meet it, as soon as the Lannister armies have caught them up.

From BronxWench on November 09, 2017

Chapter 30:

Never apologize for the sex scenes. You do them so well, I can promise you I'll be having lovely dreams tonight.

I'm quite enjoying the emerging game between Tormund and Clegane, except it really isn't a game, as Tormund knows too well. They are, after all, a clan, and by Tormund's lights, it would be only natural for Clegane and Tormund to find pleasure together as well. Perhaps Clegane will get to understand that, and complete things. One can hope...

And thank you once more, Bronx! :)

Well, I hope you are having lovely dreams somewhere, all tucked up.

They are a clan, and also, it’s got beyond appearances now. I said somewhere else, proximity and intimacy creates desire, and Tormund is feeling it. Clegane too, whether he wants to admit it or not. I really shouldn’t worry. There is already much more slash content in this story than I originally envisaged. I don’t intend to put any bars on them except for their own foibles (which is clearly code for: Clegane! Get with the program! lol), so Tormund can get up to whatever the hell he likes, and Brienne can be as curious and encouraging as she likes. Clegane probably doesn’t stand a chance, really, does he? ;) Actually, I imagine the first time they share her like that will be an intimate moment, not just with her, but between them both. Perhaps Clegane will begin to understand then how all of this works. 

• 4 weeks later...

From BronxWench on November 30, 2017

Chapter 31:

Oh, I am going to enjoy this, I think. I love seeing this primal side of Brienne: "It seemed as though all of her past life had suddenly been wiped away, and what was left was ancient and savage." It's absolutely glorious, and something always hovering at the edge, when she fought, when she defended her charges. She is so powerful, and always has been, but they've set her free to know it.

I love this...

Thank you Bronx! :)

I have to say, she really took me by surprise here. You’ll have noticed I usually manage to avoid feelings of possession and such from surfacing in characters when I’m writing threesomes. But she really was warning Clegane off! :lol: Thankfully, Tormund understands that part of her more than she does. *g*

From BronxWench on November 30, 2017

Chapter 32:

Oh, dear gods, they are breaking my heart a bit. All three of them, wicked things that they are. They are so ery beautiful together, their strengths magnified, and the sore, sad places diminished by the light of each other's love. How very wonderful this is to read, and so very bittersweet to think how it might end.

Gorgeous, gorgeous chapter...

Thank you again! :hug:

So glad you enjoyed this chapter. And that ending seemed particularly poignant, but fitting, I think. To reach that pinnacle and realise how much there is to lose now… although of course, Brienne is feeling rather emotional at that point. More so than usual. She’ll get used to it… or so my Tormund muse assures me. I can’t help wondering how it will affect either of the lads when they end up inthe middle.

Whatever they get up to in the ensuing chapters, they’re going to have to be quiet as little mice. And take things very slowly… unless they pitch their tent about a quarter of a mile away from everyone else, but that’s really obvious too. *giggles*

Reviews for We're All Going to Die

BY : pippychick

• From BronxWench on November 30, 2017

Chapter 33:

And for those of us who love it, just a sweet bit of homoerotic yumminess...the perfect contrast to the starkness of Tormund's story.

I'm quite sure neither Brienne nor Clegane could quite comprehend what life is like north of the Wall. Hard, fast, often cut short well before time, but still always on one's own terms. Freedom paid for with the last breath of someone beloved. And despite it all, Tormund clings to hope, and to tomorrow. They are all so strong but in different ways, and the sum of them is perfect.

Thank you so much! :wub: 

Yes, I think you’re right about Tormund. He finds hope where he can, and if it can’t be found, he will make it. He’s the opposite of Clegane in many ways, who seems to have found some kind of weird home in hopelessness. It’s like his friend. Yet he’s just as much of a survivor, and just as impressive. During the course of this story, it will be interesting to see how their sway over each other changes. For this upcoming war, and perhaps for a while afterwards, Tormund has the more appropriate outlook. Brienne is where the two meet in the middle. But later, Clegane’s outlook might prove useful, really, and wouldn’t it be interesting if Tormund ever came to rely on Clegane’s strength? On that ability to let despair in and still win anyway?

As for the actual ending, I am having interesting thoughts about Varys now, in order to thwart my evil muse (shhh! don’t tell it anything!) Daenerys will never ‘break the wheel’ – she’s likethe Readers’ Digest Prize Draw – too good to be true. Chase that and you’ll chase it forever. Varys, however.. I think he’s got definite anarchist tendencies. If anyone is a candidate for breaking the wheel, and probably melting that bloody chair… it will be him. And if anyone will think it’s slightly weird that three people as hard and experienced as Tormund, Brienne and Clegane can go wandering off into the north with the Night King dead, never to be seen again. Well, that person is Tyrion. This will work. I am sure of it. Well, I’ll leave Westeros in a happy place. The next tyrant is not my concern.

• 1 month later...

• From pittwitch on January 13, 2018

Up to Chapter 16, trying to catch up between sewing projects, truly enjoyable tale!  A lovely fantasy it is, two men to dote on our lovely Brienne!

Yay! Thank you so much, pittwitch! :) 

I think she deserves to be worshipped, what with all the rubbish she’s had to put up with over the years. And who better than these two? I reckon the three of them together make a little army all of their own! Who could ever defeat them?

So glad you’re enjoying it! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

From ANON - New and happy on July 02, 2018

I. Love. This. Story.

Pretty much in love with these three, too. Please please please let us know what happens! This whole story has been a wonderful mix of sweet and dirty, and so real I can see and hear them like I'm there (and wow, do I ever wish I was!).

Thank you! I can't wait to read more :)

Thank you so much! :)

I have some parts of this written in advance, I just got kind of sidetracked, then the muses decided to sod off and leave me for a while. I have all of my stories in mind, but this one in particular I’d like to finish before GoT begins again, so there’s an extra bit of impetus there for me to get on with it soonish.

• 6 months later...

Reviews for The Price

From swirlingdoubt on November 07, 2018

Very cool (heh). I can't say I followed all of what was happening, but it was a good read - your writing is engaging and the build up to the conclusion went at a lovely pace. Very strong imagery through-out, too.

Thank you, swirlingdoubt – I’m glad you enjoyed it! :)

Reviews for The Price

• From InBrightestDay on January 25, 2019

Chapter 1

I actually watched the PSA on Youtube some time back, and remember that it seemed mildly creepy (Donald Pleasance can do that), but this was absolutely skin-crawling.

I always got the vibe from the PSA that the Spirit was equivalent to some sort of natural predator, picking off the unwary and the foolish, but this adds a far more nightmareish character to him.  This girl didn't actually do anything wrong; he's just turning her life into a living Hell because it's fun.

Well, either that or because she threw his cloak away, in which case he's petty as fuck.

I really feel for Kathy, because like I said, she hasn't really done anything wrong; she's not being punished.  She just caught the attention of something particularly evil and he's wrecking her life for his own amusement.

I honestly can't think of any improvements to suggest regarding this story.  It is extremely well-written.  While I'm dreading reading what will inevitably happen to Kathy, I will be back for Chapter 2.

Thank you so much, InBrightestDay! :)

Ah, well, I don’t want to say too much in case I spoil the second chapter for you. But when/if you read, I hope you enjoy it and that it makes sense.

And thank you for the compliment! I must admit, I paid close attention to some of my phrasing and word choices in this fic, because it added to the atmosphere, and I was hoping to make suggestions without the reader being fully aware of it. For example, “... once she'd hacked a couple of feet off the bottom of it.” was supposed to give you a specific literal mental image, even if your conscious mind rejects it immediately as incorrect. It was still there… hopefully.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:09 AM, pippychick said:

Ah, well, I don’t want to say too much in case I spoil the second chapter for you. But when/if you read, I hope you enjoy it and that it makes sense.

I’m trying to keep up with reading/reviewing several stories right now, but I should get to Chapter 2 tomorrow. :)

And thank you for the compliment! I must admit, I paid close attention to some of my phrasing and word choices in this fic, because it added to the atmosphere, and I was hoping to make suggestions without the reader being fully aware of it. For example, “... once she'd hacked a couple of feet off the bottom of it.” was supposed to give you a specific literal mental image, even if your conscious mind rejects it immediately as incorrect. It was still there… hopefully.

Oh, it absolutely works!  The “hack” choice in particular does, the more violent connotation has a sort of subconscious uncomfortable effect on the reader (it did on me, at any rate).  And you’re right about having an immediate mental image that your conscious mind rejects; it’s cool to know you were doing that on purpose.

Sorry for how long it took for me to say anything about this, by the way.  I literally just checked the TV forum today!

Edited by InBrightestDay

Reviews for The Price

From InBrightestDay on March 01, 2019

Chapter 2

Well, I finally got around to it!

SPOILERS (if I'm guessing right) BELOW

So, I think I get what's going on here.  The figure in the cloak is a person, serving, in some way, as the Spirit until he or she can pass the job off to someone else.  I'm not sure if it's possession in the classic sense or if it's something a little different.

At any rate, looking at both chapters combined, this really has the feel of ghost stories both new and old.  In terms of newer ghost stories, it actually reminds me a fair bit of The Ring, partly in the sense of inevitability, and partly because the only way to escape the effect is to pass it on to someone else.

In terms of older ghost stories, there's no one thing I can point to specifically, but I own a book of ghost stories collected by Roald Dahl, and this story has the same atmosphere that a lot of the creepier ones in the book have.  I realize the Spirit isn't a ghost per se, but I got the same feeling.

Overall, this was a really creepy story with a great atmosphere.  Thanks for writing it!

Another review from @InBrightestDay – thank you so much! :hug:

Wow – I’m not certain I deserve those compliments, but I’ll run off with them! If I can do ‘creepy’ then I’m happy.

Yep, you’ve pretty much hit it. As I was writing, I surmised that a mortal soul is necessary for the more tedious hanging around the spirit seems to do, and if that soul wishes to move on, then it will get quite aggressive at taking people when the opportunity arises, though I guess they’re looking for one in (probably) millions, so it’s a very long wait. Whether Kathy appears as her own gender, even I’m not sure, but I did have a feeling that the older, less specific legends of the Lady in the Lake might be connected to this spirit somehow. In the end, I decided not to make a point of it.

And you’ve reminded me I have another story to finish for JayDee about angry water. I think I’ll dig that out next and work on it this week. I’ll also get to read some more of yours once the weekend is done and I’m off work again :) Will Kev and Luzurial get down to it? How guilty will Kevin get? Will Luzurial need to give him a small dose of amnesia to get him through it? Ohhh, imagine that: every time is the first time…

Um… no… smut is not all I think about! :shifty:

Thanks again! :)

6 minutes ago, pippychick said:

Whether Kathy appears as her own gender, even I’m not sure, but I did have a feeling that the older, less specific legends of the Lady in the Lake might be connected to this spirit somehow. In the end, I decided not to make a point of it.

I’d imagine the cloak makes it hard to discern gender anyway.

I’ll also get to read some more of yours once the weekend is done and I’m off work again :)

No rush. ^_^

Will Kev and Luzurial get down to it? How guilty will Kevin get? Will Luzurial need to give him a small dose of amnesia to get him through it? Ohhh, imagine that: every time is the first time…

(very minor spoiler) No amnesia, but she does have to give him a little durability boost.  She’s super strong, after all, so sex with her would be rather hazardous otherwise!

15 minutes ago, pippychick said:

And you’ve reminded me I have another story to finish for JayDee about angry water. I think I’ll dig that out next and work on it this week.

Whoohoo! More water based shenanigans! Plus if a story actually gets written from one of those ideas I wasn’t just spamming the thread with shite. I guess my sig’ll be getting longer…

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.