Click Here!

Thankful Mutterings ~ Darkalley_Rambler's Reviews

Well, I needed this alot faster than I was expecting. Before we begin, some details on the one story I have up.

Title: Sinful: Merrals Part 1

Author: Darkalley_Rambler
Summary: Into the lives of the innocent, a dark being intrudes. Into a quiet mountain town, a predator's plot are weaved. The end is nigh and it begins within one home.
Feedback: Oh my, yes. Good or bad. I've long hit the point of perspective loss on this work and could use some guide posts.
Fandom: Original
Warnings: 3Plus, Abuse, AFFO, Anal, Angst, Anthro, Bi, BP, Contro, CR, D/s, Fingering, F/D, HJ, Inc, MC, M/F, M/s, MiCD, Minor1, Minor2, Oral, Preg, Rape, S&M, Slave, Solo, TF, Tort, Violence, Voy, WIP

Additional Warning: I'm reminded of the saying 'You ain't bear-tracking' when I try to remember what warnings should be there. Not cause I'm being particularly truthful, but because half-forgotten elements of this story keep doubling back and mauling me as the author. So if you should have be clawed by a surprise I somehow missed, please let me know. Also cause this story likes it's surprises and tone shifts, so look out for those.

Solo story or chaptered story: Chaptered - Currently 25 Chapters at roughly 190k words. I plan to release them weekly for now as a way to motivate myself, probably every Thursday.
URL: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600108042

Now on to the surprisingly fast review from Mona Thompson!

Wow! This is pretty hott! I mean its sucks they are being poisoned but she is getting the stuff to make them feel better from him...even though it makes it worse too. But I cant wait for him (the devil) to take her! Im sure it will be exciting! Well done♥

Oh god, the pressure of failure ... wait. I mean, thank you! I admit I was pretty uncertain of getting much feedback with the first few chapters as Sharon is one of the problem characters. -_-; Glad to see she got a reaction though and a good one at that! And yes, the situation is a pretty bad one to be in. As you can probably guess, that's the snowflake that got this avalanche going. Using a poison of some type to back someone into a corner so tightly they lose the ability to go for help. I'm pretty sure my depiction is still pretty plot-holey but if and when I rework it I hope to fill the last of them. And I hope you enjoy her getting eaten up too. Muhahaha

-cough- ... excuse me, I think I swallowed a toad somehow.

From Mona, thanks for reading ch2!

No fair. I want my own Demon Master named Dominic...so fucking hott♥

Man, I was so worried using that name. I'm bad at them to begin with and I put that in as a simple joke to myself originally. Honestly glad it went well with someone. I'd also hold off wishing on any falling stars just yet since he has his own part next chapter and you will get to see some of what is going on behind that smile of his. Edited by Darkalley_Muse

• 1 month later...

pippychick reviews, thanks for reading!

Chapter One

What a great set up. I was swept up from the start, and read right through to the end of the chapter. I did see a few typos, but the dream sequence was good, and there's an atmosphere of reality slowly and subtly winding down. The bad guy is great. And, like him, I'll definitely be coming back for more.

Thank you for sharing your work :)

And my furious blushing from the SB continues! So far, I think I can say no matter how bad the rest goes, I can reasonably say I hit the mark on the beginning it seems. At least for some anyway. No one is more surprised than me. :smartass: With some luck, I should squash the last of the pesky typos (or at least the last I'm going to hunt) when I update next. Just pondering some word usage for Sharon chapters.

I'm actually really proud of that dream sequence. It was originally a string of short, boring looking dialogue lines in the first draft. Got to it in the second and decided to risk adding some flair. Really like it, myself, and glad others do too! Question is now, how many readers can guess what's going on in the background that I didn't outright say? -finds a corner and frets- But yeah, for Sharon particularly, I was really aiming to communicate that sense of 'the world is steadily becoming more wrong... oh wait, it's me going wrong'. It's primarily why I think of the story more of a horror than an erotica story. No matter how steamy a scene might get, I always fret that my little nudges that 'things of going terribly wrong here' might not read for the viewer.

As much as I love the demon myself and trying to put myself in his strange head-space, my warning to anyone reading at the start is: Wait for it. He definitely evolved as I wrote him. I keep going back and try and dress him in his newer personality and mannerisms, but the beginning is still the part where I was trying to get a hold of all the character's personalities.

Your definitely welcome! I glad I didn't nearly pass out before pressing the submit button lol

Chapter Two

That was a long scene, but I enjoyed it. The lasting image was when she caught sight of herself in the mirror. Very well done. I suspect the Minor1 tag will come into play next chapter, so I leave it here. But I did really love reading the first two chapters!

I may or may not of smashed three or four smaller chapters from the first draft to make the second chapter. So long as it's enjoyable though, I hope most can forgive the welding seams. Ah, the mirror scene. Definitely me poking the viewer like Navi from Legend of Zelda and screaming, "Hey! HEY! Something a bit worrying is happening here." Course, depending on tastes, the viewer might be a bit too ... distracted to notice. :rofl:

Yeah, if Minor1 makes you squeamish, this would be a good time to bail. Three isn't too bad on that front, but it's definitely the beginning of the slow march of bringing myself to actually writing a Minor1 scene. Cause that's the purpose of this book, self-inflicted torture in the name of improving my skill. ... I almost wished it hadn't worked. :dance:

I've definitely enjoyed you reading and reviewing! And talking to you as you read it in the SB was most assuredly an experience. -goes back to practicing his fretting dance-

• 2 weeks later...

Another from Mona. Thank you humbly for your continued reading of my story -humbly bows-

Are you kidding!?! Of course im still reading this! I love it! Its one of my favorites right now! So much good stuff is happening and I can't wait until Sue and Mr. Bear can be "together"...so much great stuff is also coming when Sue fully starts to understand the power inside her! I cant wait! Sue seems to be Azuren's other half...as soon as she is big enough and im thinking Sue's mom is NOT going to like that too much. Maybe Azuren will have to put her in her place because im thinking he is really starting to care about his little runt...the best way he knows how anyway!

That just would really be pretty cool for Sue to be by his side when she is a bit older and more in tune with who she is meant to be. She for sure is the only thing that can calm him. So please keep up the amazing work and thank you for sharing your talent with us. I cant wait for more♥

And once again, my blush is threatening to blow my face off my skull. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get used to these strange things called positive reviews, but nevertheless you humble and flatter this hack. :blush:

I normally ramble abit about characters pointed out, but this time I think I'll make use of an industrial zipper and keep my mouth shut. Well, other than to say: Hold on. Sweet effin jesus, hold on to that precious feeling. This road, it gets bumpy. -points to all my horror comments- ... Screw it, I love to ramble! Yeah, Sue is a hard character to write for alot of reasons. Some obvious, some yet to be revealed, alot with her general 'theme'. Alot of her early development really was me shying (ok, flat out sprinting) away from using a Minor2 character in erotica ... but in my mad dash I picked up a few ideas that makes her my favorite of the challenging characters to write. I'll say out of all the bits that still pull at my heart strings even after the twentieth reading (the story is eating my brain!), Sue has one that is always on top. This is a horror story and so many times I've wanted to apologize to the little figment of Sue in my head for that.

If you don't mind a bit of spoilers (it really isn't, more like behind the scenes I guess), I like to try and match songs to the story as I write. I recently found one that I've basically dubbed Sue's Theme. It won't be obvious right of the bat why, cause well I'm still posting part 1 and part 2 is a ways away, but I think it really fits Sue's journey. Anywho, when things go dark it might help. The song is Control by Halsey.

And as for Azuren's feelings for Sue, I love it when things I fret about in the story come out clear as day in a review. Yeah, he doesn't do 'nice', but something is shifting in that terrible mind of his. The problem, of course, is Azuren is a demon. His nature is to lash and consume anything vaguely appearing like a threat ...but then, I think you've picked up nicely that little as Sue is, she isn't a pushover either.

Oh, Sharon. That I will keep my lips sealed over her reaction. Oh my, her reaction indeed. ... :shutup:

And no worries, I'll keep posting. It's the only way I've found to call parts of this story done and mean it. I posted that author's note only because my readerbase (ha! hahaha) is a mystery to me, but if there was one I wanted to make up being late on my own schedule. And thank you for letting me know I do have one regular reader, one is all I need to keep going. Now for the fretting dance! -fret fret fret, hey!-

• 2 weeks later...

A review from CL Mustafic, thanks for reading ... and putting up with my rambling in the SB. -snicker-

Okay so I've finally gotten around to reading the first chapter. You have me hooked for now at least because I want to know what sort of devil he is and why he's picked this seemingly ordinary family to fuck with. What can I say, it was well written so good job.

CL

:blush: Thanks for giving it a read. Afraid he doesn't really start revealing some of his true colors till the Minor2 parts, but you definitely start getting a taste in Ch2. As for the Merrals being an ordinary family, your right and it's a tragedy for them to be subjected to him. Mostly. ;)

... man, people keep saying the first two are well written. I'm starting to wonder if I was crazy wanting to torch them and starting over from scratch. Excuse me, I need to reassess if I can recognize good fiction or not. -frets within a Pratchett novel-

• 2 weeks later...

Another review from The_CL!

I have to be honest and tell you I basically skimmed the sex parts which means I read approximately one eighth of the chapter... Okay so Sharon's becoming a demon? Not sure I'm clear on that bit but that's what I took away from it. I think she should get to keep her husband as a pet, just a thought. :D

CL

Yeeah, I'm afraid there are a few chapters that are mostly sex. This did start as an experiment to see if I could even write erotica after all. :/ I've actually wondered if people would be interested in me writing, say, a brief recap of what important story elements pop up while the characters where busy going at it and format the sex scenes so they are easier to skip. Not sure how much actual interesting plot that really leaves though, so it remains an idea I'm just fiddling with. Maybe if I make an official pdf or edoc out of it later. -peeks at his document and frets with the pages-

But yes, Sharon by the end of chapter 2 is a demon. For a given value of a demon, anyway. At the beginning of the story, the antagonist isn't really interested yet in making actual full-fledged demons but ones that can serve as a method to complete his "plan". That's why Sharon start out more human with an increasing dollop of madness to her. I will say the Merrals are getting a much more focused effort from him than others and part of why Sharon remains so steadfastly human is her own core nature. She's flawed (oh my, is she flawed), but not in such a way that leads her to be actually demon-like.

As I mentioned to you earlier, her husband won't end up a 'pet'. But he might rather wish he did by the end. -temples fingers together and smiles sinisterly- Afraid he won't have much appearance in Part 1 though. Originally, I wrote him out (the promotion), intending the plot to advance alot further before he comes back to town. But I've settled on Merrals as the title and even split it into two parts, so I feel it's thematically important to have him come back in part 2, as well as begin resolving the Mick/Sharon plotline. By the end of part 1, I'm sure most will have a good idea of why.

But anyway, thanks for reviewing again!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, two reviews in two days. In all honestly, I almost had a heart-attack. Would have been a happy one at least. (I kid, heart-attacks are evil, evil things bereft of joy.)

First, from Mona!

I love this story! One of my favorites for sure! Its hott and funny and I cant wait for Sue to become older and grows into what she is and starts kicking ass! And can finally be with her Mr. Bear! More more and more please! ♥

I'm glad my little twisted tale continues to entertain (and find favor even!), hope I can keep it up now that we're getting close to the half-way point. I will say, while I was hoping to stagger haphazardly into hot (it's erotica, even a newbie like me knows the main goal of it -snicker-), funny is a surprise. I mean, I find parts hilarious, but then I got their voices in my head. I didn't think much of that got translated into text. Happy some did. :D

As for Sue... well, I don't want to spoil. :shutup: (But ass-whooping, oh yes it's coming.)

And another from CL!

Oh, so I'm on chapter 4 I believe or just finished chapter 4 actually. I was going to quit when the Minor1 entered the picture but since there has been no actual sex with the little girl (so far at least), I decided to go on and I'm sort of glad I did since it's getting rather interesting. So Sue is like the opposite of the demon but she's still going to have to mate him? I don't know, I'm a bit confused but willing to soldier on for the sake of slaking my curiosity as to where this is going.

CL

Well, don't' soldier too far. :P I'll warn that those Minor1 sex parts start about halfway in 5 and the last few paragraphs of 6, but 6 is terrible for completely different reasons. I am glad the story had enough hook to draw you a bit into those murky depths though, if just cause it makes it look like I knew what I was doing. (I really didn't ha!)

I don't want to go into what Sue actually is entirely, since I haven't even written the true, detailed reveal yet, but as for why the mating still has to happen ... well, Azuren is an obstinate ass. It's kind of a demon trait in general, but just imagine a five-year-old kids justification about why they didn't lose a make-believe. Then put it in the body of a fell god. Bam, Azuren. :rofl: Honestly, there is a bit more too it, but that's usually a good guidepost for understanding what that demon is up too. He is very, very petty.

Anywho, thank you both for reading. As well as everyone else who reads Sinful, I'm honestly surprised everyday you folks don't run me out of here with pitchforks. A truly happy surprise. -retreats to his mob-proof hedgebush to fret over his next abuse-of-humanity/chapter)

A review from Mona! (I swear, I think I'm going to have to write a special Sue chapter or something for dear Mona at this rate. Maybe something to hold folks over between parts. -snicker-)

I fucking loooove this story! I wish i had a huge hott demon to have sex with all day AND that told me I couldn't go to work anymore! Talk about awesome! And I love all the fucked up humor. I cant wait till they start to play with sherry and his plan comes out a little more too. It seems like our demon lord is really starting to care for these girls...the best way he knows how...and Im also excited to see what our little sue will grow in to...bet its amazing♥

Let's see, sleeping with a smoking hot demon with an insatiable sex drive? Who also gave me the power to keep up with said drive and made it so I didn't have to work so I could write all the time during those rare moments I'm allowed both air and full use of my hands? Oh yes, sign me up too. Dealing with a crazed, feral doppleganger personality might actually be worth it, lol. Course, pacts with demons always cost more than meets the eye, so....

The fact my humor made it in is a surprise, mostly, but the fact it's fucked up is not. This story is just madness front to back. Like I said at the beginning, it's horror even when it doesn't read like it. ;)

Oh, Sherry. Yup, that little plot thread is closing in but it'll have a bit more build up than the others so far. What can I say, her sisters tend to drive Azuren to distraction. And let's not forget Sharon (I beat everyone thought I had at this point. -grins evily-) As for his plan, well ... :shutup:. Interesting factoid maybe, we're now at the beginning of what I've ponderously labeled the longest day in this story. You'll see why. :/

I will say I am curious how the Azuren part will go with readers since I tried something a bit weird this time around. For the confused, he finally started picking up something odd going on on his end of all this and well ... thought to fight it. Sadly for our demon lord, his kind have zero impulse control most of the time. I might not have chosen the best way to represent it, but he is fond of his nicknames for his treats so him trying to put those aside seemed logical at the time. -frets over his strange character and his confusing pronouns-

A review from CL! (Oh god, she keeps dodging those minor1 bits... I'm so sorry for the minefield!)

So I read chapter 5 but skipped most of the parts where there was Minor1 so I guess you could say I read about a third of chapter 5. Okay not much to say about this chapter since it was pretty much just sex so guess I'll go see what chapter 6 is all about. :D

CL

Awww, I was hoping the brief little peek into Azuren's history might get a bit of reaction. I don't get to do those too often. :( Well, I get more chances in Part 2 so maybe I can redeem myself. :P But yeah, once it gets to the first POV change, it's mostly all sex... and the first time Azuren loses a game of 'who is more stubborn'. -snicker-

Fair warning for the next one: there will be murder. Oh, so much murder. :D (Just be careful towards the end. It ... gets a little extra dark.)

Another review from CL!

Okay so little Sue learns not all humans are worth saving? And momma has to go without to tend grandma... I feel like I'm missing something here but not sure what.

CL

Hrm, might be better said that some are worth saving more than others. Or that some folks end up twisted and broken to the point of being irredeemable. In the end, chapter 6 was written mostly aiming to be horror at having a kid as young as Sue dealing with that level of human villainy ... and then responding in a terrible mix of 8 year old/absolute moralist response. That kind of decision making is one of Sue's regular backdrops later on. The ethics involved are loopy, but then again this is a loopy story ... in a not good way, generally. >_>

As for Sharon,

Yeah, skipping the sex scenes might make that seem a little weird. Funny enough, I wrote the beginning years ago before I heard of a concept discussed in detail by some professional romance authors but I lampooned (I think) kind of by accident. Basically, as I understand it, the concept of an alien/fantasy creature having biology that drives you, the one forced into relations with them, to have something like an addictive response to the experience. And that biology was just usually skimmed over at the time, but as people thought about it, they came to realize that, hey, this is a rape going on just as sure as if chloroform or a date rape drug was used. Having some cursory knowledge of these kinds of plots, I used that with Sharon since I was aiming to write a story beyond my morals as it where. So that's why Sharon has such a drastic reaction for not 'getting her fix' and why I say this is a horror story with a sad variety of rape within.

Admittedly, I'm getting a little concerned how confusing the story has been for you, but I'm thrilled you gave my humble story a shot. Sadly, I think the sex and plot start getting a little... tangled up moving on. So read on or not, as you decided and thanks for reading regardless! :blush:

• 1 month later...

Wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but I figure the review thread will work. Sadly, I'm going on over a month without updating Sinful. It's not that I haven't taken the time for editing, but ... well, let's say writer's block has struck and apparently also has dominion over basic editing. Apparently. :( The last few chapters probably has signs of my problems starting (I originally wanted to redo the Mia/Aria thing cause ...well, it's terrible) but I tried to force it to keep to a release schedule. Yeah... didn't work.

So, for why I'm making this post. Hopefully anyone waiting for the rest of Sinful also reads the forums so I have a question for those folks. Should I just release the rest of it now or wait till my concentration comes back? My muse will recover (it always does) but it might be another month or two before I can bring myself to edit again. I don't plan to have any major plot changes, but my spelling and grammar is ... pretty rough normally and I do try and refine the presentation of events somewhat so it's a little less confusing.

So yeah ... would you folks prefer more rough-Sinful now or waiting for a more edited Sinful later?

• 2 months later...

A review from a new reviewer, JenJen! -does a little happy jig- Also kinda long (makes me happy, to be clear ^^), so I think I'll try something new and break it up a bit...

dark chapter as warned, but, when compared to the evils that are currently going on in this world, i can honestly say that this chapter wasn't something i was overly surprised about. some of the atrocious actions that took place involving the minors truly occur in the most horrific places on earth.

ugh, to very, very true. Sadly, been learning about a few previously unknown forms of those horrible things of late. The things people do to each other in the name of being 'moral'.... -shudder- But anyway, yeah there are far more edgier things out there, but this one chapter... I guess hit closer to home for me than others thus my extra warning. -shrug-

I kinda got a similar reaction from a friend about it, but I guess my own reaction was strong enough to it that I felt a bit cautious.

to see the demon (Bear) deal with it as he did was, in my mind at least, one of the better methods i've ever heard of to punish the behavior that preceded the punishment. i will also admit a very hard bias against those specific types of perpetrators as i've known one personally, so, my 'approval' of the punishment should be taken with a grain of salt or two.

Trust me, my own bias and experiences lead to that punishment as well. Wasn't originally going to be so ... bloody, but then I arrived at that point and Azuren kinda became the tool of my own rage. Not sure what it says about me as an writer, but there you have it. Then again, thinking about it more, we all view things through the lens of experience so really, we all gotta salt our intellectual food plenty anyway. >_>

however, this chapter deals with uncomfortable things that unfortunately happen and truthfully we shouldn't run from the evils of the world but rather confront them and face them head on as this chapter has done.

-blush- well, I don't know how well I've actually shined a light on anything, but I'll take the praise anyway. ^^; Honestly, I couldn't agree more on not running away from the evils of the world. To do so only makes you more susceptible to them. To my mind, stories inherently serve a purpose no matter their content. Stories entertain, educate, and so many more things. Stories like this, at least I hope, are kind of like a simulation on morality. You don't have to agree with the plot or the characters, but they give the reader an idea of how someone (or something) might think and act. It's up to the reader interpret and draw a benefit from that, based on their own experience and the world they survive in.

:blush: Ok, might have rambled a bit there. Well, it's all just my opinion anyway and not saying I actually accomplish that.

remember, there are more foul forms of evil that exist in this world outside of the worlds we create with mere letters and a keyboard. never be afraid to put something on paper because i can promise you, somewhere out in the real world, there are worse horrors.

ugh, there is some UN reports floating up in my mind. Yup, no matter how much we dance our fingers across the keyboard, somebody is waltzing about in reality far more sinister than our figments darkest whims. The puzzle I find is which is worse, their actions or the mental gymnastics they explain them away with? I suppose it's those questions that lead me to write like I do. >_>

just keep in mind that Stephen King made a hell of a lot of money writing works similar to this and doesn't shrink or back down when confronted by naysayers say he shouldn't.

holy hell, I didn't think I was unique by any means but I didn't know me and King had anything in common really. ...maybe I shouldn't have put off reading him quite so much. -pokes around his bookshelf- ohhh, that dark tower shortstory, I haven't reread this in ages -drool- But yeah, as I mentioned earlier, all stories serve a purpose. All naysayers are doing is saying they can't figure out a benefit to their mind. That is by no means an indication that there isn't one for others. Luckily, I don't get too many negative reviews (god bless you, AFF readers) so I just have to defend against the ones in my own head.

Disclaimer: I really don't think I'm somehow imitating the quality of Stephen King. The reference just surprises me, pleasantly, is all.

your writing style or material isn't for the faint of heart, but for those who can forge on, it is an intriquing tale of how a demon might act and interact with people

You know, nothing makes me happier than hearing a reader confirm that I did one of my jobs right, that I actually communicated what I wanted too. Yeah, I never intended this story to be mainstream (or originally to even have an audience), but then again I'm not really a mainstream kind of person. -snicker- I just wanted to tell a tale with some bad things happen cause of something that thinks somewhat alien to us.

-looks up- Ok, might have rambled more than was necessary. Honestly, just super happy to get a review after so long. Also, about to go to bed and brain is rebelling anyway it can. -_-; So thank you JenJen, hope you continue to find my little tale interesting!

• 1 month later...

And a review from Mona!

Its been so long since I've reviewed...but this was an aamazing chapter! Sherry is a fucking badass! I cant wait for more!♥

Thanks again for reviewing my (not so) little work! :D Yeah, had a fun/gut-wrenching time writing this one. I hoped most people were gearing themselves for another Azuren-style, rapey chapter and hopefully this was a nice plot turn for folks. What can I say, I can’t have Azuren have it all easy. That would be boring. -snicker- That said, this one for obvious reasons is right behind ch17 in stuff I’ve written that always brings a tear to my eye.As the story has unfolded, I imagine folks have adjusted themselves to how each of the characters think a bit so now we get a peek from another perceptive more familiar with how they used to be. Nightmare, oh my is that a nightmare.

As for Sherry’s badassery … oh my is she, but first she’s going to have to learn to control that runaway power of hers. Stay tuned for more details on that in the next chapter. :)

Minor spoiler: there will be a bath. No real surprise, if you’ve picked up on Azuren’s … post-battle tendencies. -snicker-

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.