Click Here!

Question About Category

Yep, it's me again. And just so I don't get flagged for plagiarism, I am the same person as 'FlameWolf' on the Archive. I know you guys probably have something to help you verify who I am but I figured better safe than sorry.

Anyway, I have a very complicated question about where to put a story. Huge spoilers ahead.

Story will be about Loki from the Marvel-verse masquerading as Tom Hiddleston. It even implies that some of the Avengers and Thor movies took place in the past of the realm. I was just wondering, do I put this in the Marvel-verse area or the celebrity area. (All of this takes place a lot later in the story so I felt it prudent to get clarification.)

If the majority of the story takes place in the Marvel-verse rather than the real world, then I'd say put this in Marvel, and just add a bit to the standard fandom disclaimer: "I do not know Tom Hiddleston, and this is fiction." That will cover any celebrity issues.

If the story takes place mainly in the real world, then the story belongs in Celebrity, with an added fandom disclaimer: "I do not own The Avengers or Thor." Then the usual celebrity disclaimer that the story is fiction, you don't know Tom Hiddleston, and make no money.

So, the determining factor is where the story occurs. :)

If the majority of the story takes place in the Marvel-verse rather than the real world, then I'd say put this in Marvel, and just add a bit to the standard fandom disclaimer: "I do not know Tom Hiddleston, and this is fiction." That will cover any celebrity issues.

If the story takes place mainly in the real world, then the story belongs in Celebrity, with an added fandom disclaimer: "I do not own The Avengers or Thor." Then the usual celebrity disclaimer that the story is fiction, you don't know Tom Hiddleston, and make no money.

So, the determining factor is where the story occurs. :)

Takes place in a universe that seems like the real one but the Marvel-verse took place in in the past. Odin and the pantheon exist but Stark and the others are long dead. Does that make this Marvel-verse?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.