Click Here!

Happy 2016!

DemonGoddess

Firstly, I'd like to welcome all the new users we're seeing daily! Glad to have you here! Please do familiarize yourself with the Terms of Service and Content Guidelines. This IS a moderated archive.

Server Upgrade

Thank you to all of you for your patience through the process. We all appreciate it! I still have some minor things to do relating to it, but nothing that should affect overall site performance. As to why this was done, in order to implement things that we want to implement, the core languages needed to be upgraded. To upgrade the languages, the server OS itself needed to be updated to the latest version. This required a new build, on a new server. It also meant I fell behind on normal stuff I do for the site. Working on getting all that caught up now.

Dribs, Drabs and Doggy Tales

Current weekly prompt is here

Funding Status

As always, we appreciate and thank everyone who can donate. It's certainly not required of the users, but every little bit helps! As a side note, when the site falls short in funds, I end up taking care of it out of pocket. So far, it hasn't been TOO awful, in that it hasn't completely destroyed my budget every month, but still, it's an expense I hadn't allowed for personally, for a long time.

Birthday Verifier page

Is now defunct! You do have a standard cookie setter to access each subdomain, but that's an easy one. Click the “I'm 18 or older” link and that sets the cookie. No more filling the thing out!

Age Verification

If, in the course of checking ages of the members, a user is asked to prove their age, it is kept confidential, and the information not kept for records. One of us simply needs to SEE it to verify, much as when someone is carded.

Deletion notification

For Accounts

When deleting an account because the user is underage, a plagiarist, or whatever else would be a reason to delete one entirely, we do NOT send a notification.

For Stories

When deleting stories, this is done for non compliance with the ToS. Stories are HIDDEN long before they are deleted. The user is told there is an issue, and given 7 days to comply before the story is hidden. Upon hiding, the story is left for 30 or more days (it ends up being more when I have a heavy work load IRL) before it is deleted. If the issue is CORRECTED, the story is restored to public view.

Disposable email

Disposable emails are not checked, and we don’t allow registration with them. Upon finding an account registered with a disposable email address, it is deleted.

Email address visibility

By default, the email address is hidden when you register. It will only display if you put it in the bio area of your profile. In the review boards, if you are asked for your email address when leaving one, you are NOT logged in. If you don’t want your email address visible there, input the word private INSTEAD of your email address.

Forum and archive

These are separate programs. Being separate programs, they also require SEPARATE registration. In other words, registering for one or the other does NOT register you for both.

Disabling anonymous reviews

As a matter of course, while the authors cannot choose this for themselves, anon reviews are enabled on a daily basis. If you don’t WANT to have this enabled, email at technicalsupport@adult-fanfiction.org with a link to your profile, and a subject line of “disable anon reviews”. Bear in mind that when I do this, as this is controlled by the profile, ALL your stories will then require that a user be logged in to leave a review.

Tech Bits

Archive rewrite

We are entering the final phase of this. Please understand that both manta2g and I work full time and then some. It's been a rough couple of years for BOTH of us on that end. That being the case, that means that what we do will slow down, as we do need to take care of our real life obligations first.

Transitional tasks-

These are functions that normally the user would do, but while parts of the software are still the old stuff, it falls to me.

1. Anonymous reviews turned on/off – The default is to disallow. I run a query daily to ALLOW them. If you DON'T want them enabled for you, email me and I'll make the adjustment.

2. Old format profile – This is currently inaccessible for user edits. Users can only edit the new profile. So, if there is information in your old style profile that you want gone, again, email me and I will take care of it.

Tech support, directions given

Just to reiterate, when I email out step by step DIRECTIONS on how to do something, that is exactly what they are. Not suggestions, but directions. If followed as stepped out, it works very well. This means that the user must follow them in the order the steps are given.

Please remember that the authors you read do like to hear from you! Leave them a review or two, and let them know how they're doing!

DemonGoddess061

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MysticFae

It wont let me load the page and when I hit refresh it doesnt load at all all I get is a white page and in the website link it has the link but nothing is happening. So I cant read anything but it was working fine a half hour ago.

I'll quote the awesome DG on this topic:

Please read the many posts I've already made about this. yes, we are aware of it. yes, we are working on it. (12 hours straight now), and YES, we're making progress! :D

The review button is temporarily disabled, but it should be back very shortly. DG and manta needed to get things done fast, and they still need to tweak.

Guest Dolphinsong

Very unhappy with how the fanfic layouts are since yesterday's issue... Really hate how the chapters are listed along the left hand side and NO Previous/Next links to move easily through the chapters while reading. Annoying as heck having to scroll back up and recall which chapter i'm currently reading so that I can select the next chapter to go to.

I'll quote the awesome DG, who along with manta spent all Tuesday sorting this as best they could:

Yesterday, the priority was to get the chapter data to display at all. That's working now. Sure, I understand it's annoying not having "next" and other nav options, but that's something we'll take care of probably tomorrow after our eyeballs get a chance to get rested. Understand that combined, you're looking at over 30 man hours yesterday.

The "Next Chapter" button and Review functions will be restored, once DG and manta have a chance to catch up on the RL stuff they dropped to get us up again, and their eyes uncross.

Thank you for all work work with the new upgrades and patience with us for our questions. After reading the other things on this forum, I know the next chapter button will return and all will be well.

Sincerely,

Thalia