Click Here!

Hp archive redirect problem

Guest J

I've tried to access the harry potter adultfanfiction archive both by going through the main site link and typing the url into the search bar but it keeps redirecting me to the anime archive. It also won't give access to individual stories from the hp archive when typed into the url saying that there is a redirection problem. I have tried this on both chrome and mozilla on two different devices so I don't think that that a virus on my computer is causing it.

Guest HP Reader

I'm having the same issue here. Each time I try select a link to a story in the HP archive it redirects to the "latest stories" page. Even when you select a story from that page it does the same thing.

I attempted to try a different archive (Buffy & Angel, Movie/Once A Time In Mexico) at random and both do the same thing. The story links are redirecting to the "latest stories" page.

I have cleared my cache twice have exited out of IE all together and even attempted to reboot my computer, all to no effect. Also on a side note the archive is loading really slow compared to normal.... but only the archive, all other pages I visit are loading fine.

Any suggestions?

Guest HP Reader

Further to the above post, I'm still having the same issue but I thought I would give a different browser a try. I used Edge because it wasn't one of the ones that others had tried, which I had never used up until now, and it is having the same problem with slow loading, pages not loading at all, and the redirect issue.

Edge isn't slow loading for me, but I was able to duplicate the not clicking in to a story thing, and being redirected to the latest listing instead. There are two things that need to be checked. One has to be checked by the hosting company, as they have access to the Apache settings on the server, and we do not. The other is to see if there is one other deprecated function.

--

on edit

---

okay, the deprecated function is definitely an issue, it appears. I'll have to fix this after work though. In the meantime, until I get home, and go through all the scripts and make this correction, use Chrome.

Guest speedie234

I am having the same issue Each time I try select a link to a story in the HP archive it redirects to the "latest stories" page. Even when you select a story from that page it does the same thing.

Guest ejqHorseLady

I am having the same issue with Naruto stories. Click on the story and you get redirected to the archive. Also when I try with Firefox I get a "The page isn't redirecting properly" error. Very annoying.

Please, please, for the love of all that's written, read DG's posts.

We know there is an issue, and it will be addressed later today when DG gets home from work. Until then, I can assure you that Chrome is NOT having this issue. Both Firefox and IE are having issues. IE has been abandoned by Microsoft in favor of Edge because it was always a poor excuse for a browser, and Firefox hasn't been all that stable during many of its updates.

So, you can try Chrome, or you can try deleting all your AFF cookies, logging off your browser completely to finish the cookie deletion, log back into your browser, and try AFF again. It may or may not work, but we will take care of it.

You can always check the status of the updates on the news post here: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/61765-server-upgrade-is-complete/

All of the archive sites I have tried are acting the same, even archives that I have not previously gone to. This includes the following:

http://books.adult-fanfiction.org/

http://buffy.adult-fanfiction.org/

http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/

http://celeb.adult-fanfiction.org/

http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/

http://lotr.adult-fanfiction.org/

http://naruto.adult-fanfiction.org/

http://bleach.adult-fanfiction.org/

Please, please, for the love of all that's written, read DG's posts.

We know there is an issue, and it will be addressed later today when DG gets home from work. Until then, I can assure you that Chrome is NOT having this issue. Both Firefox and IE are having issues. IE has been abandoned by Microsoft in favor of Edge because it was always a poor excuse for a browser, and Firefox hasn't been all that stable during many of its updates.

So, you can try Chrome, or you can try deleting all your AFF cookies, logging off your browser completely to finish the cookie deletion, log back into your browser, and try AFF again. It may or may not work, but we will take care of it.

You can always check the status of the updates on the news post here: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/61765-server-upgrade-is-complete/

Guest ejqHorseLady

DemonGoddess061 that latest reply was entirely unnecessary. Just restate clearly that the issue is being looked into and until then use Chrome. People are trying to help you make the site better by informing you of problem areas. No need to antagonise people with rude comments! All that does is make you look bad.

I have lost all respect for you, and I do not think you are capable of handling the forum at all with comments like that!

DemonGoddess061 that latest reply was entirely unnecessary. Just restate clearly that the issue is being looked into and until then use Chrome. People are trying to help you make the site better by informing you of problem areas. No need to antagonise people with rude comments! All that does is make you look bad.

I have lost all respect for you, and I do not think you are capable of handling the forum at all with comments like that!

Actually, it's very frustrating from my perspective as a moderator to see the exact same thing posted over and over. If one of us has responded that we are aware of the issue and working on it, that should be sufficient. Volume of complaints isn't going to make anything move faster, and in fact, takes away from time spent making the corrections when we have to respond to the many posts saying the same thing.

Now, bear in mind that none of us who are staff get paid a red penny for what we do. We volunteer our time because we care about AFF and what it stands for - fiction without censorship. We don't ask for pats on the back, or applause, or kudos of any sort, but it would be nice if people remembered that we are human, and can sometimes vent a little when all we hear is the sort of remark you've just made. Quite frankly, you haven't demonstrated anything close to the sort of attitude you seem to think we should maintain, and brought nothing to the conversation except a rude comment of your own.

Guest ejqHorseLady

Bronxwench, I totally understand your frustration, however when I read DemonGoddess061 posts it was not very clear that it works for Crome only. It was not until your reply did I understand what was trying to be said. Also DemonGoddess061 response was anything but professional and is not something any guest would expect from one of the site mods. You are professional in your responses, so thank you for that.

As for my comment being rude in response, I agree in retrospect I was indeed.

DemonGoddess061 I am sorry for my own rude response. My words were badly thought out. Please have your responses be a little more professional in the future. And I do thank you for all the hard work you do on this site. I am very grateful.

Guest DaFossil

DG, thanks for the help. I realize people have gotten impatient but I really hope they weren't trying to jump you. It's got to be hard to work and deal with this too. I know Ashwinder went through something similar to this about this time last year and they were down for quite a long time. Don't give up and don't let people get to you.

Guest DaFossil

In all honesty I was afraid it was because of all the flooding here in the Midwest. I hadn't seen I-44 flooded this ba since 1982 and lots of places are being flooded out so that was first thought.

@ejqHorseLady:

DG bears the brunt of the workload in matters like this. She and manta are our sole coders, and the only ones allowed to access the database, to preserve the integrity of the 9 gigabytes of data we host. I will tell you very honestly that without DG, there would not be an AFF. None of us could babysit the ratpatch of old code and new fixes that she has to deal with because we are not bringing in the sort of revenue to allow us to buy shiny new code packages. She's made due with very little in the way of help and a great deal of work to do to keep this place functional, and I for one am both grateful to her, and honored to work with her.

I am old enough to be allowed to label myself a cranky old thing, and I'm not known for mincing words. I can get equally testy, believe me, but that's because I do know what goes on behind the scenes. I wish I could do more, but I'm not a coder, just a long term keyboard jockey. That's why I had the less than productive task of trying to respond to posts today, in between my own real life obligations. I've been recommending Chrome to people all day, and I came close to doing a large font, bright red shout myself. I have never been fond of having to repeat myself.

Guest DaFossil

How much would it take to be able to upgrade. And how would one donate? Would an upgrade be of much help? I confess I'm probably older and crankier than you are, I just retired from my job as a Cartographic intelligence analyst this July which is probably a good thing since I could no longer handle the "stupid factor" there. I wish there was some way to help. Unfortunately the only software I was anywhere close to mastering was ESRI's ArcMAP. Anyone who can do this kind of stuff is my hero!

@DaFossil:

Honestly, I haven't priced the software because I'm not knowledgeable enough to know which package would work. But I can tell you that it's not a small amount. Believe me, if it was a simple matter of $500 or so, I'd have tweaked the budget and badgered the daft one to get it for the site myself. Of course, any donations are helpful, and we have a link here for those.

But we always appreciate a vote of confidence! Thank you! :D

How much would it take to be able to upgrade. And how would one donate? Would an upgrade be of much help? I confess I'm probably older and crankier than you are, I just retired from my job as a Cartographic intelligence analyst this July which is probably a good thing since I could no longer handle the "stupid factor" there. I wish there was some way to help. Unfortunately the only software I was anywhere close to mastering was ESRI's ArcMAP. Anyone who can do this kind of stuff is my hero!

Thank you! Manta and I appreciate this. The patch is done for the oddball redirect. The upgrade is something that we've been doing for a few years, a bit at a time. The code was originally Storyline, which is defunct. I've, over the years, looked at many other packages, hoping we wouldn't have to go from scratch with this. After much trying and hair pulling because it wasn't working (my own server, offsite), we determined the best way to go, to KEEP the data, was to rewrite it all. That's something manta does, primarily. There is one last phase to do, and that part will cost the site $750.00USD. However, we were running in to glitches, which led to the server upgrade in the FIRST place.

As we both work, and have heavy real life obligations, at times, what either of us can do slows down significantly. Simply BECAUSE of our real life obligations. I can do plenty on my own, but I can tell you for certain, without manta, none of this would work. This is why she's the primary, and I merely help on the coding end. MY thing is databases, so it's a good partnership. :)

Guest HP Reader

I feel kind of bad for being one of the people that started this mess but I just wanted to say thank you for getting things back up and running the way they are suppose to.... Big smiles from someone who actually needs a daily AFF fix!

Thanks again from a loyal fan of the archive.

You all are awesome!

I feel kind of bad for being one of the people that started this mess but I just wanted to say thank you for getting things back up and running the way they are suppose to.... Big smiles from someone who actually needs a daily AFF fix!

Thanks again from a loyal fan of the archive.

You all are awesome!

Don't feel bad. I appreciate your thanks!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.