Click Here!

Best Christmas Present Ever, or at least this year

DirtyAngel

So we went a little crazy this year and I have to say I got some really awesome presents, in fact we all pretty much wracked up on the booty count (pirate wise ;)) and I had an idea to ask everyone what their favorite gift was, I already knew the answer here - horses of course!

So I thought it would be kind of neat to ask my AFF family what they got from their Santa (whoever that may be) that was their favorite and why.

I got some really neat stuff (A playstation 4 so welcome back carpel tunnel :)) but by far my favorite gift was a box of cookies (I know I'm a cookie addict but these are special cookies) Our 6 yo niece who has recently come to stay with us conspired with our friend and neighbor on this endeavor; she asked our neighbor, who is an amazing cook by the way, to help her make macadamia nut and chocolate chip peanut butter cookies, my favorite. So my gift from my 6 year old niece was a huge tin of homemade cookies that she made almost all by herself - I cried :P !

The best present I got this year was the fact that my kids loved everything they got and not once did I hear "I wanted this or that". I actually heard "This is the best Christmas ever!" out of one of them.

On the material side of things, I got a pair of tie dyed boxer shorts from my younger sister. The fact that she paid over a hundred bucks to send seven pairs of underwear here for Christmas reminds me of why I love her so much.

Oh and can I have that recipe for those cookies? They sound yummy.

Edited by CL Mustafic

Chocolate chip macadamia nut peanut butter cookies

½ cup butter, softened

1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar

1/3 cup white sugar (Powdered sugar works good too, keeps it from getting grainy but remember to pack it like the brown sugar)

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/8 cups sifted all-purpose flour

½ teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped (or favorite nut, peanuts are a biy much though but almonds are good too)

1 ¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips (can use milk chocolate M&M's as well)

Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees for CL). Spray a couple large cookie sheets with Pam or whatever you use.

Mix the butter and sugars together in a large bowl until a smooth creamy texture. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well blended. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually blend into the batter. Stir in the chopped macadamia nuts and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.

Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown. Let them cool on wire racks about 10 to 15 minutes.

Note: For softer cookies add ¼ tablespoon more butter.

Makes about two dozen or so cookies

I got gorgeous stained glass suncatchers for the umpteen sliders in the lake place. I love how the bungalow gets so much sun. :D

The best gift was watching the spawn open their gifts, though. They had a good Christmas. :lol:

*thinks* I honestly can't decide. I loved all of my gifts this year! Once again, I got quite a few Tennessee Titans themed items! I guess... because I really enjoy a comfy pillow, the Titans body pillow would be it!

Wait! I got two early Christmas gifts a couple of months ago: a brand new car and this Mac! But still... the pillow... :D

Hearing my niece have a heart attack was indeed the best! She got a Frozen ice palace that took me an hour to set up. When she came over to our house, she barreled through our bedroom door, asking did we know that Santa brought her a castle! I felt bad because it topped one of the gifts her parents gave her: a Tom Brady jersey (yes... the love of sports has been instilled in her! Wrong team but eh; she likes sports so I guess I'll have to be satisfied with that...)

My best present was a phone call from my son. He was supposed to be in the field with no phone access. I was so excited when I saw his name on the caller ID that I dropped the phone. BTW - Otter Box rocks for protecting old witch's phones in the senior moments. :D