Click Here!

Server upgrade is complete!

DemonGoddess

Nope Definitely broken.

Individual titles no longer pass to the browser through the header html tags, only the generic one.

Are you talking about the label that appears on the individual browser tabs? If so, it's not broken. It simply displays differently. That will happen when we upgrade to the new php and code.

My work in the archive requires that I often work with close to a dozen tabs open at once in my browser window. More than that, and I wouldn't be able to read anything on the tab that was longer than three letters unless my browser was set to full-screen, so I'm really not getting the issue here.

I know your probably still working on it and i hate if i come across as a nag but

is there a way to get the title to appear in the tabs because i still get this

Adult-Fanfiction.org : Harry Potter : Notice :undefined variable: pagetitle in /chroot/home/adultfan/adult-fanfiction.org/html/globals/skins/default/preload.inc.php on line 7 Then the story link

or are you still working on it

Actually glad you pointed out that error, as the function referenced no longer exists, so the string is now corrected so it no longer calls for a non existent function. As we're making things more centralized to run GLOBALLY across the domain, the only title you'll see is the subdomain (archive) title.

just posting a little blurb on what was being discussed about the tab name labels. I have multiple stories open on my screen all the time (because lets face it there are parts of a story that are not appropriate to read at work so you switch to another one until you can be alone) so just having the archive name in on the tab makes it a little hard to find a story without accidentally opening to a steamy scene.

just posting a little blurb on what was being discussed about the tab name labels. I have multiple stories open on my screen all the time (because lets face it there are parts of a story that are not appropriate to read at work so you switch to another one until you can be alone) so just having the archive name in on the tab makes it a little hard to find a story without accidentally opening to a steamy scene.

While we can appreciate your difficulty, we can't take a step backward and restore that old format for tab labels without having to also go back to 23 individual scripts. When something does blow up, it takes a lot longer to fix when each subdomain operates independently for those functions. A global domain function is much more efficient and expedient.

If you're a Windows user like me, opening stories in separate windows would allow you to peek at each window's thumbnail in the task bar. Just a thought, since that would give you a bit of privacy and the ability to check each window's content quickly. I'm not a Mac user, so I can't speak for how it works on a Mac, but I imagine it wouldn't be hugely different.

While we can appreciate your difficulty, we can't take a step backward and restore that old format for tab labels without having to also go back to 23 individual scripts. When something does blow up, it takes a lot longer to fix when each subdomain operates independently for those functions. A global domain function is much more efficient and expedient.

If you're a Windows user like me, opening stories in separate windows would allow you to peek at each window's thumbnail in the task bar. Just a thought, since that would give you a bit of privacy and the ability to check each window's content quickly. I'm not a Mac user, so I can't speak for how it works on a Mac, but I imagine it wouldn't be hugely different.

I can understand that my web mastering skills are VERY basic right now but even with what little I know about internet programming Coding a site like this is unfathomably complex and almost impossible to manage. Thanks for the tip.

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is something that's been covered but I've always been in the habit of always saving stories in my actual bookmarks folder in firefox, for easy access and finding them quickly, but since you updated the site I can't access all of them, some of them load up while others I just get "server not found." It's pretty much HP stories only. Figured I'd mention it so that you know, I can still access stories if I manually get them up via the website, it'd just be nice to get back my quick access links. ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hiyuuki

Hi, just one question: what happened to the actuall "search" site? Where I could just enter the name of a fanfic (or something of the summery) and would find it instead of searching through the archive. Will this just take some time or do I have to always search through the whole archive (in this case the HP archive) to find it and bookmark it? :huh:^_^

Hi, just one question: what happened to the actuall "search" site? Where I could just enter the name of a fanfic (or something of the summery) and would find it instead of searching through the archive. Will this just take some time or do I have to always search through the whole archive (in this case the HP archive) to find it and bookmark it? :huh:^_^

Sorry, I thought I was already logged in ;)

The search function is still there under the Member Tools pulldown menu. It works like it always has, and allows you to search a subdomain by story title, author or summary.

It may be temporarily turned off today, while the archive is in read-only mode. As announced, the character set for the archive needs to be updated to unicode. However, that function hasn't been eliminated, and I expect it will be back later today, when the archive is put back on active status again.

• 3 weeks later...

it is currently disabled till it is rewritten so that it can not be abused.

Niiiice.

I noticed a few months back that one of my darker fics in the Naruto section saw a voting spree that saw the average star count seesaw like crazy, obviously because of repeated voting from a few individuals with diverging views on my writing.

Hopefully this addresses that.

Hey something's been bugging me for a while.

I can't actually update my aff member's profile.

Here's my current profile

http://games.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=1296792926

People navigating there can see my old profile which includes an old email, but no matter how I try to navigate in the member's tool section, I can't seem to find where the text from the old profile is, and thus can't change my profile to reflect a new email.

I figured I should bring this up because I just checked my old email, and once again, some unfortunate soul had the misfortune of reading the old profile and then contacting me, only to have him/herself ignored for a good month and a half because I only check the old email twice a year specifically due to the old email still being shown on the website (old email: morbidfantasy07@yahoo.com, new email: morbidfantasy12@gmail.com)

Any thoughts on why that might be? this issue only cropped up about a year or two ago with one of the website re-formats (or was it hosting changes?)

Oh I see. Apparently I didn't get the memo. Must've been during one of my dry spells away from this site.

It was weird because if I use the new interface to navigate then I see the new profile, but the address to my old profile still shows up in google searches and certain who-knows-how situation.

Ok new profile is up. Please do delete the old one, thanks for your time!