Click Here!

Server upgrade is complete!

DemonGoddess

Hi all!

Just letting you know we're getting a new dedicated server, so we can upgrade the net OS, and the scripting languages. In order to update the scripting languages, the net OS has to be upgraded as well. This means we had to have a new server built to install the new OS to.

Keep an eye on the site news, and our FB, Twitter, and Tumblr for when this is complete.

The data has been migrated as of this morning, so please refrain from posting until the new server is made live later tonight.

Upgrade is complete. Please post to this topic if you experience any odd issues, such as unable to post a large chapter, or any other weird things you might experience. So far, from everything I've checked, it all appears to be working as expected. However, I won't know that for certain, without input.

hahaha JayDee. Two things could be causing this. The first, that the DNS changes are still propagating, and the second that certain script actions may not be compatible to the version of php that's now installed. Until the DNS changes are done propagating, I can't rule that out. However, I expect it'll end up being due to the scripting language upgrade

Due to an expression in php being eliminated between php 5.2.x and php 5.3.x, there is some reworking of those expressions that will be done over the next couple of days. Yes, I said couple of days because both manta and I often work weekends. Please bear with us, we'll get it sorted, and speed will be back.

Blackkitten23, you already have an archive account, and a forum account. What are you trying to do? If you're trying to log into your existing account, you shouldn't get a verification email. You don't need one.

I think she's referring to the age verification. Which, if that's the case, yes, try again. As modules get fixed, things will improve. I already fixed one big drain last night, another is scheduled for this upcoming week, and the coder will be fixing the new code probably Tuesday. In the meantime, she and I will also be looking at the old code and patching what needs it to fix the issue as well.

For me, the website (Archive, not forum), keeps giving me "this website is not available" and no amount of refreshing helps, and then suddenly it works again, as well as being very slow to load. This seems to happen not just at login time, but between random pages after login, too. I do see that fixes are being handled as mentioned above, so I'm only posting this info in case it's a new problem. Otherwise, I'll assume it's going to be sorted out in a few days as mentioned above. Thanks for all the hard work you all do to keep this site running smoothly.

Okay, using the error logs, and going through the code line by line, we've narrowed it down to four files. I'm just waiting my syntax to be checked for the corrections, before I upload anything, or it'll be worse if I just up and add it and hope for the best.

I have some files which SHOULD be fixed, which I'll upload after work. I'm not doing it now, because I want to be at my computer to observe what changes, if any, occur. Aside from that, being at my computer with the files, I can easily change them BACK, if the changes make things worse. I get home after 4 pm EST. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hope you get the stuff fixed DG, main site is running terribly slow for me, and keeps timing out. I am sad. :(

DG has been working on it, but real life sometimes needs to take precedence, since the staff here, all of us, volunteer our time and relevant expertise. We need to do those things that pay the bills and feed our families, too. Hang in there, and it will be worth the wait.