Click Here!

GoT-Inspired Dramione

cpetnm

Guest General Crow

Hey C! It's General Crow, and I'm getting excited about this.

I don't know what you got down so far, so I'll just give you a few of my ideas and than we'll go from there.

1. All Harry Potter characters, in the setting of Westeros. Of course, this kingdom will go by a different name of your choice.

2. Westeros aka The Seven Kingdoms, this kingdom (name of your choosing) too shall be made up of other kingdoms. Each kingdom can be name after the Houses of Hogwarts, with a capital kingdom (name of your choosing). If you wish, we can include, Durmstrang and Beauxbaton as part of this yet to be named kingdom.

3. Like all Great Houses there must be house words and banners.

House, Castle, Words

Granger of Otter Cove, "Knowledge, Sacrifice, Endurance"

Malfoy of Malfoy Manor, "Purity Will Always Conquer" -from actual Potterverse source

Potter of Godric's Hollow, "Resilient to the End"

That's what I got so far. As for the banners, I'm still working on those. If you wish to changes or add to the list, feel free to do so.

Before going any further, I have a few questions.

1. Will this be a one-shot of chapter story?

2. Shall they still have magic? I'm strongly leading towards yes.

3. Should we have this be during the War (name of your choosing), or after war. I actually have ideas for both.

So here was my bit. Can't wait to see what you have in mind. Again, I'm very honored and flattered that you really want me to create a story with you.

Take Care- General Crow

General Crow:

You're amazing! There's so much good stuff to work off of, although I will have to do a fair bit of research to get the feel of the story right.

1. Will this be a one-shot of chapter story? -- I'm not sure. Once I get writing, I'll have a better idea. What do you think?

2. Shall they still have magic? I'm strongly leading towards yes. -- Agree.

3. Should we have this be during the War (name of your choosing), or after war. I actually have ideas for both.-- What are your ideas? I can see a really great wartime AU.

-cpetnm

Actually, I don't think there is any more appropriate place for this thread, for now, since you are working out a story request, but have not posted a story yet.

I'll allow this thread to be used as a discussion thread for now, within reason, but I might move it later, if I can figure out a more appropriate forum.

But once you have written the story, please post a link to the story once it's posted, and then create a "review reply" thread in the appropriate forum.

Willow Darkling, Forum Moderator.

Guest General Crow

First, I thank you for your kind words. Second, thank you for your ideas.

A Wartime AU sounds pretty good. Since the invite, I was coming up with ideas that more or less followed the ASoIaF/GoT story line. Since this story will mostly be focusing on Hermione and Draco, I think I figured out how to make it work.

What You Need to Look Up:

1. House Manderly. I am more or less basing House Granger off them. The Grangers were driven out of Ravenclaw for continuing to use nontraditional methods of learning. The Grangers produce the finest scholars, healers, advisers, anything where high IQs are required, for Gryffindor. Just like maesters.

2. The Red Wedding. What I had in mind is that this is where the story starts off.

3. Guest Rights. Highly honored in the North. Or in this case Gryffindor.

Back Stories Relating to Hermione and her House:

1. Hermione and Draco (heir of House Malfoy) met once years before the war when they were 11 at the Capital Kingdom (name of your choice). Draco snubs Hermione for her looks and regarded her as inferior. He will feel like a fool when he see her again years later. While she remembers, she doesn't waste time on it.

2. House Granger raise both sons and daughters equally. Both learn the same subjects and eldest child (even if it is a daughter) is the heir. Although, they still like to keep the girls away from war and defend their home and lands. If the heir is female then she is duty bound to lead her soldiers.

3. While House Granger is not the strongest or wealthiest of Gryffindor, their brilliant minds make them the most influential.

4. Hermione's home is located on bay inhabited by otters. Hence the name Otter Cove.

What Do You Think?

1. Have Hermione and Ron be engaged but was broken due him being caught with Lavender, or they were engaged but he dies in the war before they are wed?

2. Should we give Hermione an older sibling, or have her be heir and go to war? And yes, she is someone who you really don't want to mess with.

Since I'm leading on the story taking place after the events of the Red Wedding, this is how Hermione (now heir) and Draco official meet face to face. Draco, whose side is really close to winning. Hermione's side is just about defeated, but she will be working behind the scenes to bring down Voldemort (King of Slytherin) and Pettigrew (traitor of Gryffindor). Draco is immediately smitten and tries to woo her, but Hermione turns him down with believable reasons, but he still tries to win her hand. Then when he least expects it, the tables get turned. I even thought of a speeches and quotes.

I have more, but I'll wait until you reply so I don't give you unneeded ideas. I don't think this going to be a one-shot anymore. I'm really getting into this.

Take Care- General Crow

Dear GC,

I love the idea of the story starting at the Red Wedding an in true GRRM fashion, we're going to kill off lots of nonessential characters! Hahahahah (evil laughter)!

I still have gobs to read, so be patient with me as I can tell you are a true GoT connoisseur. As you have probably guessed, I spend all my reading time with HP fan fiction. :)

Happy Saturday,

cpetnm

Guest General Crow

Dear C,

No problem. Take your time.

I also wanted to mention that Draco will go to Otter Cove to ensure House Granger's loyalty to the new regime. During the ritual for Guest Rights, Hermione says...

"Unlike other Houses, we Gryffindors take Guest Rights very seriously." While her voice and face were neutral, her eyes were hard as iron. Young Malfoy couldn't fight back the chill running down his spine, while unknowingly feeling grateful by her words.

Later on in the story, Hermione, Draco, and both their men, travel to Godric's Hollow (now ruled by Pettigrew), and as soon as Otter Cove is far out of sight... well... this is where the tables start turning.

Draco just grained his bearings, and tries to make since of the chaos surrounding him. Screams, from both men and horses. The scent of blood entering the air. Curses flying all around. Then his eyes landed on Lady Hermione. At first he felt relief that his reluctant intended was unharmed, but changed to confusion when he saw the sword she held. Aiming directly at him.

Her eyes were again hard as iron, but this time filled with open hatred. "You are no longer in my home. Guest Rights are now null and void."

So, you like?

I hope you're having a good weekend.

Take Care- General Crow

• 4 weeks later...

Dear GC,

I fear that it will take me more time to get comfortable with GoT's feel and characters. But when I commit, I commit! This story will happen, even if it takes a while, because it will be awesome.

Anyway, I'm taking care of multiple sick children (so much fun, you wouldn't believe it) and thought I'd let you know I haven't forgotten about the story.

Take care,

C

Guest General Crow

Hi C,

How were your holidays? Are the kids feeling better?

No worries. Take all the time you need. Besides, I have been working on Hermione's speech which I like to call "House Granger's Loyalty", trying to work out the finishing touches. It takes place after she imprisons Draco, and gives him a sample of Gryffindor stubbornness.

I also realized that the way my ideas were going, Draco will be having an extremely hard time getting on Hermione's good side, let alone wooing her. How you plan to work that out I wish you luck. So, I wish to share my idea for the one-shot I had in mind.

The war is truly over. The good guys win (that is a MUST). But, like any medieval period, enemies get married in hope to prevent any more future conflict. In the one-shot, I originally had our favorite pairing be complete strangers, but that will not do in this case. While Draco is beaming at the seams at marrying this dream woman (who was also his temporary jailor), Hermione will most likely be dreading every single moment, but like a true Gryffindor, she puts on a brave face. And I'm sure we both can guess how their relationship will develop from there. ;)

Happy News: My Aunt Tami is going to be a grandma by her younger son, and her elder son will be getting married. She's just over the moon about it.

Take Care,

General Crow

• 1 month later...
Guest General Crow

Hello C,

I trust everything is going well for you?

I finally finished Hermione's speech. I'm not as talented as a writer as you are, so please feel free to make it better.

She took a step towards his cell. "You think I'm doing this because you snubbed me all those years ago when we were children?" Replied the insulted lady. "I don't waste my time on such nonsense."

"I have always been, and always will be, loyal to House Potter. My entire household owes them a debt that never be repaid. When my ancestors were driven from their homeland centuries ago, they came to Gryffindor with only themselves and what they could carry. The Potters opened their doors to them; giving them food, drink, protection, and the land where the humble castle I call my home stands today. All in return for House Granger's fealty, which my ancestors gladly gave, and no lord from Godric's Hollow ever made us regret doing so. But it's not just centuries of gratitude that keeps me and my house loyal. It is also because Harry, or Lord Potter to you, is a dear friend of mine. And if the rumors about his death are true, I will not disrespect our friendship, nor the memory of him and his house, by allowing that traitorous rat Pettigrew and that snake of a king of ours Voldemort think they truly won Gryffindor. Yes, I may have bent the knee and swore fealty, but the whole time I was planning their downfall. The fact that you and your allies see me as the defeated, grieving lady of the castle who is willing to do anything to protect what's hers, has allowed me to go through with my plans right under your very noses. But understand Young Malfoy, very soon all enemies of House Potter and Gryffindor will see that House Granger lives not just by 'Knowledge, Sacrifice, Endurance', but also by Gryffindor's 'Bold and Brave', and the Potters' 'Resilient to the End'. For House Granger will continue fighting until the last of us dies."

What do you think? And again, take all the time you need for this story.

Take Care,

General Crow

Hey, guys.

Just wanted to remind you that we don't allow story content on the forum, so I've limited story content to only ten lines. I'm letting this speech part slide, since it's only a line and a half over the limit, but please don't post story content in the forum.

I am also trying to find a better place for you guys to work together on this, and have asked the admins for help. I'm thinking maybe the Writer's Corner, or Story Collaborations forum would be a better place for this, but I noticed one of you doesn't have an account with us, so I will need to know whether you can use those forums I mentioned without an account.

And that brings me to a totally different thing. Since we don't allow stories posted by others in the Archive, the archive mods are going to need some things from you both, in regards to this being a co-authored story, when you post it to the Archive.

Willow Darkling, Forum Moderator.

@Willow: Thank you for the heads up. We are both fairly new to the forums, so we appreciate the guidance.

@GC,

First of all, so glad to hear about Aunt T! Being a grandmother will be so good for her. I think when people are struggling, they are grateful when their kids are doing well.

Your writing is fabulous. You might not know it (or maybe you do), but you have the skill and spirit of a writer. Your speech for Hermione gave me great insight into her character.

I asked the members of H&V (do you read Dramione there?) if they knew of any GoT Dramione stories and only one was recommended. I wanted to see what was out there.

I just saw this and thought it would appreciate it:

http://www.mugglenet.com/2015/06/harry-potter-and-the-game-of-thrones/

Thank you for the great conversation, friend!

C

Guest General Crow

Hello,

Just read the notice. Hopefully we will find something to help us all out.

C, thank you for your kind words for both my writing and my Aunt Tami. I'll be checking out H&V and Mugglenet, and see what they have.

Take Care,

General Crow

GC,

The forum admins want to move this to a different thread for cowritten stories, but want you to register. I know you are concerned about privacy. Some of the authors here have a separate fanfiction email...

Whatever you want to do is absolutely okay with me!

C

Guest General_Crow

Hello All,

I have given it some thought the past couple of days, and just now I have offically regsistered on AFF as General_Crow. Now I just need to figure out how things work around here. Wish me luck.

Take Care,

General Crow

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.