Click Here!

I can't post the next chapter to my story

Guest Vyperbites

Guest Vyperbites

I have closed the browser, restarted my computer, gone back into AFF and re-logged in, went out of the browser after logging again and tried to post the chapter and still the same problem. The text box won't let me post my chapter. I get to the page where I need to edit my chapter fine, but when I try to cut and paste it to the text and push ok to leave the text it is blank. Please help.

are you trying to add the chapter from within your story (i.e. getting to it from the archive listing) or from your control panel? I also see 116 chapters, by the way, with an edit date of today.

I tested for the subdomain both from within the story for chapter add, and from the control panel. Was able to add chapters successfully from both points.

If you're adding from within your control panel, are you ignoring the "upload" file button? If you do, you should be able to c/p just fine. From within the story itself, you have to click "preview" in the bottom left corner, and add the captcha asked for.

Are you not seeing the text box itself for the rich text editor?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem, trying to c/p a new chapter via the control panel, using Chrome, ignoring the update by file box, using rich text editor. I can add the chapter title, but the moment I paste my chapter in the rich text editor, it snaps over the "Aw, Snap! There was an error!" webpage error. I have two other tabs open in Chrome, and no problems with them. No problems with clicking around the AFF site in general, and I edited two chapters successfully before being foiled in adding the new chapter. I keep trying, but it isn't working. Restart is problematic, as I am running a sync with Google Drive. That may actually be gumming things up, but I don't think so, since everything else online works fine except c/p of a new chapter. Any ideas? Is the rich text editor having an issue tonight, or maybe it really is my sync messing it up? Thanks so much for any info or suggestions you may have. :)

I'm using the upper right login boxes. I just logged out and back in to be sure, but I get the same webpage error message. It really could be my Google Drive sync, but I'm nervous to restart and have it have to resync a lot of files from the start again. I will try that, if I have to.

Oh, oh, it worked! I checked the silly firewall (just moved to Windows 10 a bit ago) and it was blocking this. I used the right click in the rich text box and when "Paste" appeared, I hit it, and that smaller "post here" box popped up and let me paste my chapter. It now says it posted successfully. Yay! (But seriously, you all are awesome for replying as fast here as you always do. Love you all! Hugs!)

Oh, for some reason it says this story Overdrive of mine is hidden. Violation of TOS. Maybe I have an Author Note that is too long? Not sure how to check...

Got your email. Thanks again for all the help. I'm cropping my author note word count and added the extra fandom disclaimer.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.